Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who bought an iPhone?

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    I hadn't even considered this, but now that I think about it, I think I'm confused.
    The winds of change are blowing. Right now I'm not sure where they will lead. But I do think the possibilities are there for both better service but greater DRM as well.

However, if I can get my music anywhere I am (on foot, in the car, home stereo), without having to store it, then maybe I don't care about DRM. I doono. The problem there is a favorite song or group could vanish if they run afoul of the powers that be in the new music empire.

Comment

I have not and don't intend to buy an iPhone but just a heads up for those who haven't and are too cheap to buy one. There is a chance to win a free iPhone from Clear Channel Radio by submitting your name for the iPhone giveaway per day drawing at Hawaii's Clear Channel radio station websites. I know KSSK and KHVH are participating in this contest sponsored by Bank of Hawaii.

KSSK
      KHVH

I am sure the other Hawaii Clear Channel stations have the same promotion.

Winners of the iPhone get only the iPhone and must sign up and pay for the cell service separately.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Here's the KSSK contest page:

http://www.ksskradio.com/pages/BOHMobile.html
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I've been a dedicated Verizon Wireless customer since the mid 80's when cell service was still a "what's that in your car" kind of technology. So I'll have to wait until the iPhone partners up with them...if they ever do.

The good thing is that by then the iPhone will be up to the iPhone G5 version by then with all the bugs worked out, smaller form factor, brighter screen, more power, lighter weight, more features, better integration...you know the standard MAC future generation blah blah blah. Oh and cheaper to boot!

I'm in no rush but am still in want of one.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            I've been a dedicated Verizon Wireless customer
            So have I. But I've been rather ticked that they pulled the local Sprint network from their PRLs. I like having a backup.

In the meantime Sprint, which used to be the "digital or nothing" provider, has added Verizon to their PRLs. The two companies have swapped places.

Comment

* Not sure if any one saw this (or got the same info) from the Honolulu Advertiser (Today!.), so, here goes the information...*

iPhone users drowning in details
              By Jefferson Grahamn
              USA Today

LOS ANGELES — Early adopters of Apple's iPhone are getting their first service bills from AT&T — and some customers say they are so detailed they belong in libraries.

Justine Ezarik, a Pittsburgh graphic designer and active Internet blogger, got her first bill Saturday. She says it was so huge — 300 pages — it was delivered in a box. AT&T detailed every text message and Internet use for her billing. "This is so silly," Ezarik told USA Today. "There's no reason they need to send you this much information."
              Last edited by Serenity; August 15, 2007, 08:15 AM.
              Aches & Pains
              (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

• iPhone Clone: MiniOne M8 by Meizu of China

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but here's an iPhone knock-off called the MiniOne by Meizu, aka M8 of China.. where else?! It's based on Windows CE6.0.

Which brings to mind eMachines attempt to dupe the original iMac with their eONe, which didn't get very far in the market.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                  * Not sure if any one saw this (or got the same info) from the Honolulu Advertiser (Today!.), so, here goes the information...*
                  yeah and if they would have left out the details people would be complaining about that...

but i do find it funny that AT&T would spend all that extra money to send those bills out. they will probably make you opt to recieve your details online and just send you a basic bill in the future.
                  website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                  blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

You Tube (videos) complains about iPhone...

I personlly never had it, & really surprised how quite a lot of people are going ga ga over this thing.

I'm Glad I didn't decide to buy it, beides, I would have to switch back to
                    AT & T (who droped me like a hot potato to the cingular company).

That's why I switched to TMobile with my hubby's phone company, atleast we are not charged at all calling mobile to mobile.
                    (actually you can do that with any company - calling mobile to mobile)
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
                      yeah and if they would have left out the details people would be complaining about that...

but i do find it funny that AT&T would spend all that extra money to send those bills out. they will probably make you opt to recieve your details online and just send you a basic bill in the future.
                      GAWD!!. I hope so, for other people's sake who bought iPhones.
                      Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity View Post
                        [...]I personlly never had it, & really surprised how quite a lot of people are going ga ga over this thing.[...]
                        I'm not surprised at all. The iPhone is an amazing piece of technology and I understand the "ga-ga" factor! But, it isn't for everyone...like me for example. All I need to do with a cell phone is make and receive a call. The iPhone would be a waste of money for me. Would I like one? You bet! It's very cool but it makes absolutely no financial sense within the context of my lifestyle. BTW, the iPhone is almost too new to have "personlly never had it"!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                          I'm not surprised at all. The iPhone is an amazing piece of technology and I understand the "ga-ga" factor! But, it isn't for everyone...like me for example. All I need to do with a cell phone is make and receive a call. The iPhone would be a waste of money for me. Would I like one? You bet! It's very cool but it makes absolutely no financial sense within the context of my lifestyle. BTW, the iPhone is almost too new to have "personlly never had it"!
                          Nuff said.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

I'm loving mine so far ...

Anyone with a iPhone and a Mac should check out iFuntastic.

It's a program that let's you modify a bunch of stuff on the iPhone including adding your own ringtones

The hackers are having a field day with the iPhone so I'm sure its going to be a success
                            website - http://www.brianhancock.com
                            blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Wow. Apple is already selling refurbished units. If the $499 price tag was just out of your range, the $100 discount for refurbs should be good news.

Comment

But WILL IT BLEND?
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X