Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you wrote a book, what would it be about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you wrote a book, what would it be about?

Atomville - sort of a cross between renfest characters I've known over the years and spongebob squarepants. Everything within the story is true to the science. All the characters are different atoms - Hydros are children, who in order to grow up must fuse with each other to become bigger and stronger atoms (Heliums are teens). The town is ruled by the King Car and Queen Bon from the family of Carbonia. Lord Neon (usually inert in his ways) can become quite excited when the king and queen try to get the good citizens of Atomville to bond together and become organic. As any good Neon knows, bonding leads to a loss of identity. Of couse, after all that excitment builds up in Lord Neon, he must release that energy and blow a photon. Then we have Niles the nitrogen - a rather rougish sort who can be rather volitile in nature......... Lady Oxygen is always the level headed one..... and so on.
    Can I get a first edition of this one? I'd love to have it!
    Are you a distant relative of Vonnegut? heh heh...

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
      And then there's the highly reactive Oxygen twins.....

I think I'd read the story just to see how well you pulled it off! Sounds interesting.
      Originally posted by Hope View Post
      Can I get a first edition of this one? I'd love to have it!
      Are you a distant relative of Vonnegut? heh heh...
      Wow - thanks guys - I better get writing The pressure is on - can I really do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Hope View Post
        What would you write a book about, if given the chance?
        The natural and unnatural transformation of habitats, from some time before the human plague began through the present. Everywhere I go I wonder "what was this place like before people wrecked it?"

Comment

I would write a book about life in Marin County in the 70's it would be titled ~ "Drugs Sex and Rock and Roll"... or ~ "Exodus ~ Humboldt County".
          Last edited by greentara; July 3, 2007, 08:39 AM.
          "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
            The natural and unnatural transformation of habitats, from some time before the human plague began through the present. Everywhere I go I wonder "what was this place like before people wrecked it?"
            No cigarette butts for starters.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
            X