Howard Dicus bails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Howard Dicus bails

have you guys seen howard's most recent eppy of PBN Fridays? at the end of the show, he does the most amusing winkwinknodnod to the subject of this thread. the beau and i had a good laugh watching it on the dvr.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Hi, everybody. This is weird, but the most difficult part of this job change is that we're having trouble finding a new title for "PBN Friday." KGMB is allowing me to continue doing the public television show, but with its PBN association ending we need a new name for it. Got any ideas? "Antiques Roadshow" is taken. Cheers, H.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        For you local radio listeners, if Mahlon Moore is considered a puker radio person then I guess I like pukers!
        I guess I never considered him to be one, from what I've heard. But maybe he can turn on that "character," if the paycheck calls for it. Is he back on air somewhere, since "Breeze of Hawai`i" ended? I haven't been in touch with him for a while.
        Originally posted by Howard Dicus View Post
        Hi, everybody. This is weird, but the most difficult part of this job change is that we're having trouble finding a new title for "PBN Friday." KGMB is allowing me to continue doing the public television show, but with its PBN association ending we need a new name for it. Got any ideas? "Antiques Roadshow" is taken. Cheers, H.
        "TGI Friday"? No, wait...I think that's taken as well.
        "Howard Dicus Balls" - from the earlier misreading of this thread's title? Nah, that won't fly on PBS; Fox, maybe, but not PBS.

Comment

Let me take a few stabs at it:
          1. The Howard Dicus Hour
          2. The Hawaii Business Hour with Howard Dicus
          3. Doing Business with Howard Dicus
          4. PBS's Business Hour with Howard Dicus
          5. Talking Shop with Howard Dicus
          6. Shop Talk with Howard Dicus
          7. Howard Dicus's Business Deductions
          8. Howard Dicus's Business Discussions
          9. Discussing Business with Howard Dicus
          10. Dicus Discusses Business

OK, I'm on the clock, so I better quit foolin' around!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

How about

"Fridays with Howard"
            Always check and double check

Comment

I kinda like "Talking Business with Howard Dicus," but I'll watch it whatever it's called. My mom will too, but Howard, she'd appreciate it if you tossed that blue-gray shirt you were wearing for a zillion promos earlier this year into the Goodwill.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Personally I kinda favor...
                "Gettin' Down with Dicus"

Comment

Getting down with Dicus...hmmm not too good if the Getting disappears

One thing you don't want to do is to incorporate your full name as the title of your show simply because of who owns the rights to that show name. Remember Wally Amos? So the Howard Dicus show is out. Sometimes simplicity is the best however if the show was simply called, "Dicus" it would be copyrighted to the owner of that show.

If you (Howard Dicus) were to want to leave the show to another later on you'd probably want to have a name without your namesake attached or one that can adapt to another. Such as Late night with... or for you Area 51 freaks: Coast to coast with...

Doing business in Hawaii it's all about who you know, so I'd like a business wrap show name to revolve around that very fact such as Network Hawaii or something like that...hmmm Nepotism, Hawaiian style! Yeah that's the ticket!

I know! Nepohana: Working for Dad!

Okay all joking aside, I like "The Dicus Report" simple and easy to remember.

Or a play on words: This report Sucid. Get it? Sucid is Dicus backwards
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Personally I kinda favor...
                    "Gettin' Down with Dicus"

At least it didn't say "Gettin' Down with the Dicus."

Next thing, he'll be on informercials promoting an indoor grill machine.
                    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                      Next thing, he'll be on informercials promoting an indoor grill machine.
                      Is he a lean, mean, grillin' machine towards his show's guests?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        [...]Coast to coast with...[...]
                        Kden...keeping it local...
                        Mauka to Makai with Dicus

Comment

I like Business Deductions, though it would force me to try to deduce something from every interview, and I don't know what I can deduce from the quarterly Pacific Handcrafters Guild segment.

Grilling isn't my strong suit; I've been rightly criticized for asking easy questions. The show is designed to explain stuff, so mostly I just try to draw people out.

Speaking of copyrighting names, my father has the same name as me. Once he told me he though he would be good as a radio talk show host. "Hey, go for it," I said. "Just remember, the name Howard Dicus is taken."

Comment

"Dishing with Dicus"

Comment

What about 'Business Dicussions'.

Comment

Originally posted by ploal5333 View Post
                                What about 'Business Dicussions'.
                                If Ben Stein is the host.

(Sorry, couldn't think of a local reporter that can put me to sleep in one word or less.)
                                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                                X