Secret Menu items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Menu items

This co-worker got the gummi bear flavor at Jamba Juice the other day. So I looked up this: http://consumerist.com/consumer/secr...ems-239708.php

Anyone know of any other secret/hidden items?
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Secret Menu items

Thanks for sharing! I showed this to my hubby and he is downright GIDDY with joy!
    He is the king of ordering everythign they do not have on the menu and we order EVERYTHING plain! I have yet to get a full order that is as I asked for it. ANYWHERE!
    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
    Sharing withother survivors...
    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Re: Secret Menu items

Gravy and rice at Zippy's.
      Used to be $0.55, um, 20 years ago.

Motown Smash from Keoni at Oceans (I gave him the recipe card). It's better tasting and stronger than a Long Island tea.

Chicken puttanesca w/linguine from Mariposa. Only available during dinner when John H. is in the kitchen. Better than anything comparable at Sarento's (and certainly Verbano, Assaggio, etc).
      "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Re: Secret Menu items: In-N-Out

I recently tried a burger 'n fries from In-N-Out in Las Vegas...

Come to find out (after we already visited the joint) they also have an extensive "secret menu", which goes like this....

In-N-Out Burger has a secret unpublished menu for insiders who are In-The-Know. Next time you're at In-N-Out (i.e. tomorrow . . . or maybe tonight), order a bag of these off-the-menu specials:

"3-by-3" = three meat patties and three slices of cheese.

"4-by-4" = four meat patties and four slices of cheese.

"2-by-4" = two meat patties and four slices of cheese.

*Note: You can get a burger with as many meat patties or cheese slices as you want. Just tell the In-N-Out Burger cashier how many meat patties and how much cheese you want and that is what you'll get! For instance, if you want 6 pieces of meat and 10 pieces of cheese tell them you want a "6-by-10."

"Double Meat" = like a Double Double without cheese.

"3 by Meat" = three meat patties and no cheese.

"Animal Style" = the meat is cooked and fried with mustard and then pickles are added, extra spread and grilled onions are added.

"Animal Style Fries" = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and pickles (if you ask for them).

"Protein Style" = for all you low-carbohydrate dieters, this is a burger with no bun (wrapped in lettuce).

"Flying Dutchman" = two meat patties, two slices of melted cheese and nothing else - not even a bun!

Fries "Well-Done" = extra crispy fries . . . even better than the regular!

Fries "Light" = opposite of fries well-done, more raw than most people like 'em

"Grilled Cheese" = no meat, just melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and spread on a bun.

"Veggie Burger" = burger without the patty or cheese. Sometimes we call this the "Wish Burger."

"Neapolitan" Shake = strawberry, vanilla and chocolate blended together.

The friendly employees of In-N-Out Burger will take your special order without question, if you use the right terminology. The printed receipt will have your special request typed on it just as we said it.
        Hmmm... I'm diggin' the dimensional lumber sounding names "2x4", "4x4", etc.. Perhaps the dimensional "length" can be added on for a burger combo like this...

"2x4x8" - 2 meat patties, 4 slices of cheese, purchased anytime after 8pm and that option is just 8 cents more!

"2x4 Stud" - same burger combo, with the addition of a cold beer lol

"4x4x10" - 4 meat patties, 4 slices of cheese, purchased anytime after 10pm and that burger option is just 10 cents more!

"Inside Out" - (a play off "In-N-Out") Two burger patties on the outside of the bun; in the middle of the bun are 2 slices of melted cheese, like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Madness. Gosh, the Surgeon General gotta' love those options. lol

As for their burger, personally I wasn't "wowed", primarily because they griddle, not flame-grill their patties. Meh. Otherwise, the buns and fresh veggies are a plus. The onion topping tasted like it had Lipton Onion Soup mix in it - very pungent, "meaty-onion" flavor in an artificial way. Overall, quite a greasy lil' beast. The scratch-made fries also tasted bland and undercooked; not golden crisp 'n tender. The prices were great though, registering just under $4 for their standard burger/fries/drink combo.

Next time in Vegas, I'd like to try the recommended "Fat Burger" joint (there's one on the strip).
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
        X