iLind.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: iLind.net

Ian's blog today notes the mistake from yesterday. Scroll down to yesterday's blog and note how he changed it with strikeouts. Two new comments there as well, from a couple of familiar cyber-faces.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
      I mistakenly think everybody reads Ian daily as I do.
      I only read his stuff if it is about somebody I know and I get notified by Google about it. Otherwise it is a good place to stop and look at all the pretty pictures of Ka'awa, and the cats.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

ilend.net

so is the media watchdog asleep at the switch?? The top media position in the state (Advertiser) changes from someone here for 15 years to a tiny paper from Guam and he has NO COMMENT???? Must be too busy warning the turtles in the path of the superferry.

Comment

Re: ilend.net

Erroneous post - sorry.
          Last edited by Leo Lakio; September 13, 2007, 11:56 AM. Reason: speaking of being asleep at the switch...

Comment

Please click this link for something just posted about Ian's insane column in the Honolulu Weakly in last week's issue.
            There was nothing about it on his blog, which I read daily, but Ian Lind "regulars" need to see what it was.
            Sadly, it makes me wonder if he's getting senile, or... ?

Comment

And for a different perspective, you can click my link to read the story I wrote about the Thunderbirds.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                And for a different perspective, you can click my link to read the story I wrote about the Thunderbirds.
                Applause!!!
                VERY nice article! You nailed it. Your last two sentences -- perfect! Makes me wonder even more what the hell Ian Lind was thinking.
                And you got to ride with the Hurricane Hunters? I'm sooooo jealous! Is there a link to your article about that? (Assuming you wrote one, of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  Applause!!![...]
                  I second that!

Awesome column, LG!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    Applause!!!
                    VERY nice article! You nailed it. Your last two sentences -- perfect! Makes me wonder even more what the hell Ian Lind was thinking.
                    And you got to ride with the Hurricane Hunters? I'm sooooo jealous! Is there a link to your article about that? (Assuming you wrote one, of course.)
                    Thank you so much LikaNui and Tutusue. I was struggling with what to write after writing for two months about pedicures that made women in East Oahu wild! So I really wanted to share what I felt, what I believed, and that I respected those who don't feel the same way. Ian Lind is one of those people. How one feels about the military isn't a reflection of his intelligence, but his strong emotions regarding war in general. I married into a family who attends Friends meetings in Manoa and come from a Menonite/Quaker background. We'll never discuss military might but we do agree that there's a shrub in the White House.
                    I hope more of you read my column as I thought I had done a good job.

And by the way, LikaNui, I wrote the Hurricane Hunters story way back in 1994, so I think there might be a clip in The Advertiser's library, or it might be on microfiche at the state library. My byline was Paula Gillingham. THAT was a very, very cool experience!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

From Ian Lind's blog this morning:

I took kind of a pounding in the letters to the editor of the current issue now on the racks. (...)
                      Isn’t there a niggle of doubt about how Jesus would have reacted to such militarist displays? I have trouble imaging Mr. Turn the Other Cheek saying he’s turned on by these shadows of war.
                      Um. Well. I guess just... um.

Comment

hahahah

I don't come on this thread but I was nosy.

I'm glad I did.

Another great article! You rock LavaGal!

Lynn
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                          hahahah

I don't come on this thread but I was nosy.

I'm glad I did.

Another great article! You rock LavaGal!

Lynn

I don't check all the threads either, but thanks, Lynn for being CURIOUS, LOL!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Ian announces today that he is going to work as a staffer - at least temporarily - for city council member Duke Bainum. . . and plans to blog about it.

Comment

Actually, if I read it right, Ian intends to blog about the experience of working at Honolulu Hale again after so many years. Should be interesting.
                              Burl Burlingame
                              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                                Ian announces today that he is going to work as a staffer - at least temporarily - for city council member Duke Bainum. . . and plans to blog about it.
                                Of course its hard for every media professional to find work in this unprecedented economic situation. But working for Bainum... I guess I lost a lot of respect for Ian with this revelation. I thought accountability stood for something in the profession, and now Ian will “temporarily” represent one of the most unaccountable politicians in Honolulu history.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                                USA TODAY, page 2A
                                11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
                                X