Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Women in a man's world - What are your views?

I prefer to be barefoot and pregnant and chained to the stove....but the man also has to know his role and do it well.
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
      I prefer to be barefoot and pregnant and chained to the stove....but the man also has to know his role and do it well.
      Your preference if voiced by a man would be one of those instances where a man would be judged in a way a woman never would.
      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        ... it just means I will have less "disposable income" than she.
        In all the relationships of friends, family and myself that I'm privy to...
        The above quote seems to be the "norm".
        Men are expected to be more responsible for household expenses,
        while the women have more play money. I know this is not how it's always been but believe that is how it goes now. And we help around the house too.

Just how I see it.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

i think this video pretty much answers the question about women in a man's world, particularly in terms of politics and media.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Thanks for that link, Cyn.

I watched my firstborn, now old enough to vote, "sit shiveh" (as she described it) because, for the first time in the U.S., we came >thisclose< to breaking that glass ceiling and elect a woman for president, and my daughter would have been one of the masses who put her there. It wouldn't have become an antidote for the burqa. Or the FLDS Family Portrait from Sears. Or the overload of resounding bullsh*t from the entertainment media. But it would have been a start.

pax

Comment

Quoted from another thread
              "I'm actually feeling a bit guilty. All those years when we yelled at you men for treating us as sex objects. If it had been you guys oogling and drooling there woulda been hell to pay....and now just look at us. Plus, if that hunk (oops) ever finds out what we've been saying just because someone took a picture of him and posted it online, we'll be accused of being no better than the very men we've been fighting against for all these decades.

Or maybe.....OH! NOW I understand!"

I especially wish to point out the "we'll be accused of being no better than the very men we've been fighting against all these decades." part.

This is the very problem that we (male/female collectively) have...
              Fighting against rather than working with eachother has put men on the defensive. And BTW no one is better than anyone else, just different!

IMO and love ya ladies!
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Women in a man's world? Who is anyone kidding, we women have TITS!! That means we can have whatever we want!!

Kidding, kidding! Please don't flame me.....
                ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                  Women in a man's world? Who is anyone kidding, we women have TITS!! That means we can have whatever we want!!
                  Post of the week!

Comment

That was a good reminder, Susie. I ain't gonna lie; men like that are my weakness, though while I cannot control my feelings, I can control my behavior. To you, Malo Man, I apologize for being disrespectful.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post

Kidding, kidding! Please don't flame me.....
                      If Malo Man keeps taking those roids he someday will too.
                      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Hunky? I'm a skinny haole guy. I don't know if I'm good looking. But just being a good guy has done me well as far as finding attractive, decent and caring women goes. I just don't buy the war of the sexes thing. It's the 21st century. Anyone still bogged down by it just isn't trying to be enlightened.

I'm not saying that sexism doesn't exist on both sides of the coin, I'm just saying I think it's full of sh*t. It's probably a product of the fact that I grew up around strong and assertive women. I'm still surrounded by such ladies. It's awesome.
                        Don't be mean,
                        try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
                          But just being a good guy has done me well as far as finding attractive, decent and caring women goes.
                          And I'm sure being a musician has had nothing to do with it; then again, isn't that a major reason many of us become musicians in the first place?

Okay - I'm just joking with you there, Jamie. I suspect part of it is that you likely have a very open mind as to the definitions of "attractive," "decent" and "caring." You probably don't let society's fashions dictate those terms to you, thus greatly widening the pool of those who fit.

In other words: Your mama raised you right. I'd wager she was very proud of the man you've become.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            And I'm sure being a musician has had nothing to do with it; then again, isn't that a major reason many of us become musicians in the first place?

Okay - I'm just joking with you there, Jamie. I suspect part of it is that you likely have a very open mind as to the definitions of "attractive," "decent" and "caring." You probably don't let society's fashions dictate those terms to you, thus greatly widening the pool of those who fit.

In other words: Your mama raised you right. I'd wager she was very proud of the man you've become.
                            Hahaha! I'd say you've nailed it, Leo. Yes, becoming a musician was a good way to meet girls. My AFs, past and present, were all met through my work.

One of Doolin Rakes' fun covers is "Women Are Smarter," and I believe that sentiment unequivocally.

And thanks, my friend. I will continue to strive to make my mother proud.
                            Don't be mean,
                            try to help.

Comment

i agree with jaime: "being a good guy"/person. that's what counts.

do you think malo man would welcome or not welcome the comments some of us (women) have made? guess, we'll never know. maybe some of our comments were a little over the top, but disrespectful, nah. just my opinion. don't want to make this a battle of the sexes. or should i say, sexists?!

now, how bout dem pics of da aunties waving and adorned with lei? don't ya just want to give them one big hug?
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              reflect, repent and reboot.
                              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Reading the posts on the Photo thread and on here about "Malo Man" makes me giggle and smile so BIG!

Both P.K. and I enjoy "Eye Candy!"

It's normal.

As foa Malo Man...if I was thirty years younger!

Put him in a room and throw away the keys!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Wat? I neba file my papers yet.)

Auntie what's her name.
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X