Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Post Re: Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Quoted from another thread
    "I'm actually feeling a bit guilty. All those years when we yelled at you men for treating us as sex objects. If it had been you guys oogling and drooling there woulda been hell to pay....and now just look at us. Plus, if that hunk (oops) ever finds out what we've been saying just because someone took a picture of him and posted it online, we'll be accused of being no better than the very men we've been fighting against for all these decades.

Or maybe.....OH! NOW I understand!"

I especially wish to point out the "we'll be accused of being no better than the very men we've been fighting against all these decades." part.

This is the very problem that we (male/female collectively) have...
    Fighting against rather than working with eachother has put men on the defensive. And BTW no one is better than anyone else, just different!

IMO and love ya ladies!
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Default Re: Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Women in a man's world? Who is anyone kidding, we women have TITS!! That means we can have whatever we want!!

Kidding, kidding! Please don't flame me.....
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Quote Originally Posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Women in a man's world? Who is anyone kidding, we women have TITS!! That means we can have whatever we want!!
    Post of the week!

That was a good reminder, Susie. I ain't gonna lie; men like that are my weakness, though while I cannot control my feelings, I can control my behavior. To you, Malo Man, I apologize for being disrespectful.

pax

If Malo Man keeps taking those roids he someday will too.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Hunky? I'm a skinny haole guy. I don't know if I'm good looking. But just being a good guy has done me well as far as finding attractive, decent and caring women goes. I just don't buy the war of the sexes thing. It's the 21st century. Anyone still bogged down by it just isn't trying to be enlightened.

I'm not saying that sexism doesn't exist on both sides of the coin, I'm just saying I think it's full of sh*t. It's probably a product of the fact that I grew up around strong and assertive women. I'm still surrounded by such ladies. It's awesome.
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    But just being a good guy has done me well as far as finding attractive, decent and caring women goes.
    And I'm sure being a musician has had nothing to do with it; then again, isn't that a major reason many of us become musicians in the first place?

Okay - I'm just joking with you there, Jamie. I suspect part of it is that you likely have a very open mind as to the definitions of "attractive," "decent" and "caring." You probably don't let society's fashions dictate those terms to you, thus greatly widening the pool of those who fit.

In other words: Your mama raised you right. I'd wager she was very proud of the man you've become.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    And I'm sure being a musician has had nothing to do with it; then again, isn't that a major reason many of us become musicians in the first place?

Okay - I'm just joking with you there, Jamie. I suspect part of it is that you likely have a very open mind as to the definitions of "attractive," "decent" and "caring." You probably don't let society's fashions dictate those terms to you, thus greatly widening the pool of those who fit.

In other words: Your mama raised you right. I'd wager she was very proud of the man you've become.
    Hahaha! I'd say you've nailed it, Leo. Yes, becoming a musician was a good way to meet girls. My AFs, past and present, were all met through my work.

One of Doolin Rakes' fun covers is "Women Are Smarter," and I believe that sentiment unequivocally.

And thanks, my friend. I will continue to strive to make my mother proud.
    Don't be mean,
    try to help.

i agree with jaime: "being a good guy"/person. that's what counts.

do you think malo man would welcome or not welcome the comments some of us (women) have made? guess, we'll never know. maybe some of our comments were a little over the top, but disrespectful, nah. just my opinion. don't want to make this a battle of the sexes. or should i say, sexists?!

now, how bout dem pics of da aunties waving and adorned with lei? don't ya just want to give them one big hug?
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Reading the posts on the Photo thread and on here about "Malo Man" makes me giggle and smile so BIG!

Both P.K. and I enjoy "Eye Candy!"

It's normal.

As foa Malo Man...if I was thirty years younger!

Put him in a room and throw away the keys!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Wat? I neba file my papers yet.)

Auntie what's her name.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by kani-lehua View Post
    do you think malo man would welcome or not welcome the comments some of us (women) have made? guess, we'll never know. maybe some of our comments were a little over the top, but disrespectful, nah. just my opinion. don't want to make this a battle of the sexes. or should i say, sexists?!
    I think it's funny that he's come out of this deal with a title, "Malo Man"! Somebody should inform him. I'll bet he'd have a good laugh. My guess is that, by now, he's keenly aware of the effect he has on women since you ladies are likely not the first who have responded to him so enthusiastically. I imagine he'd be flattered, but he might be embarrassed if he were in the room with you.

It's not really different from the Diane Ako thread. She seemed to take it all in stride. But where one would think it was just good fun, another would be highly offended.

Malo Man might feel totally objectified. He might watch Oprah while eating quiche. Poor Malo Man. Can't you see there's a person in there!

regardless of Malo Man feeling objectified, I, the initial perp, knew I was doing wrong, which was why I couldn't finish my dang sentence in in my first oogle.

I think it's funny that he's come out of this deal with a title, "Malo Man"! Somebody should inform him.
    ooohhh it's probably not a good idea to let his contact information get into the hands of ledes like me.
    Last edited by Pua'i Mana'o; June 10th, 2008 at 06:17 PM.

pax

Quote Originally Posted by Jim75 View Post
    I think it's funny that he's come out of this deal with a title, "Malo Man"! Somebody should inform him. I'll bet he'd have a good laugh. My guess is that, by now, he's keenly aware of the effect he has on women since you ladies are likely not the first who have responded to him so enthusiastically. I imagine he'd be flattered, but he might be embarrassed if he were in the room with you.

It's not really different from the Diane Ako thread. She seemed to take it all in stride. But where one would think it was just good fun, another would be highly offended.

Malo Man might feel totally objectified. He might watch Oprah while eating quiche. Poor Malo Man. Can't you see there's a person in there!

well said. point taken.

i didn't read the diane ako thread so cannot comment on it.

my only hopes are that mel won't enlarge the picture--i don't think my COMPUTER could handle it.

now i should just go and say that your post was the best part of my day.

**laugh**

**snicker**

**a light bulb moment**
    "chaos reigns within.
    order shall return."

How about the guys who wear a Manssiere?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim75 View Post
    Or he could be "Mahu Man," and might be even more embarrassed by attention from the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    Or he could be "Mahu Man," and might be even more embarrassed by attention from the ladies.
    Ding. Ding.

You go up and ask him. I got your back.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."

Whew. What a thread. But that jump to Malo Man threw me.

Special thanks to Auntie, who was able to point the way.

Wow. Great tats and other things.

Made my hot flash go away.

Question Re: Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Aww, man... now I'm confused. Who's Malo Man?

Mel?

A big high rez blow up for turtlegirl here please?

Quote Originally Posted by Peshkwe View Post
    Mel?

A big high rez blow up for turtlegirl here please?
    No worry. No worry, Peshkwe. I get'um.

Eh, Turtlegirl. Eh, sistah. Dis is who all da waihine stay gah-gah about:

"By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

AaaaaaRRRGHHHH!!! AAAcKKK!! MY EYES!! Arghhhhhhhh!

HaHaHaHa - ROTF!!!!

Where did that thing come from!?

Where did that thing come from!?
    The great Rap Reiplinger. The day it makes you laugh till your belly hurts, you know you're pretty local. That Amazon link has a lot of samples, if you scroll down.

Sorry for going off topic a bit, I couldn't resist
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Poor turtlegirl...Go to the photo thread and look at the parade pic of the royal court. Yellow Malo.

Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    ...The day it makes you laugh till your belly hurts, you know you're pretty local.
    You just made a grown man cry. I must be slowly becoming local by osmosis thanks to HT.

Quote Originally Posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    The great Rap Reiplinger. The day it makes you laugh till your belly hurts, you know you're pretty local. That Amazon link has a lot of samples, if you scroll down.

Sorry for going off topic a bit, I couldn't resist

"i goin slap yo head." gahnfahnit (spelling).

L M A O.

thanks for keeping him "alive", joe. in this thread and a couple of the other ones. i just can't get enough of his humor.
    "chaos reigns within.
    order shall return."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789