Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Menehune Man, my answer to you is in the same post of mine that you replied to....I said "and neither sex is better than the other when it comes to being a shining example of right and wrong, so...."

1stwahine, I disagree that all soldiers are the same. The men soldiers can carry one of their own, deadweight, while most of the female soldiers cannot. Most men are stronger than women. I'm the mom-in-law of a soldier that returns to Iraq in a few mos. & close friends with a couple that the lady has been there with the guard. She could tell you that there are weapons she can't hardly carry or handle. She did a desk job with interpreters. About a woman being a police, the ones that can....pass muster, I do not understand their motivation while I dig their moxy.

I'm a very strong person and have lifted weights since the seventies, and joke about being a macho mama, but I am strong within the boundaries of things I wouldn't want to do nor compete with a man in. That's where we all are different. I was raised by two parents, both wonderful and of faith. They raised three dynomite daughters cuz they taught us to not take crap from anyone, and we don't. I like that in other gals, too, you bet. I love you too, gal.

Sprite, manipulative females that use people and play games, in my opinion are straight from hell, and I bet we gals on this thread can recognize one a mile away.

Yeah, we're equal in modern times. Neither sex rules, both sexes have people that are good at just about anything and both have some that are bad at just about everything.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

My daughter is here with me right now.heheheh

She's 5'2". "I've never met a challenge I couldn't do nor have had any problem carrying any weapon. Being a Soldier is not about being strong. It's NOT about having Ballz...it's about having TACT & INTELLIGENCE to complete a MISSION.

I've never backed down from anything in the Military and I'm respected more by the Men in my Unit because I am a WOMAN. I am a female, a mother, and a soldier in the United States Military. Point Blank."
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I congratulate you and thank you for your desire to serve your country, and then your doing it. big huggz for that...

I respectfully disagree in that being a soldier is many things and one soldier's job is often very different than the next. Being strong certainly is one of the things it is about and of course depending upon the job, strength, matters much in one soldier's role while it matters little in another. My hubby could tell you many stories of why it was good he didn't fight in 'Nam next to any females, and how some of the females he later served with in the Navy would never have made it in the fields of 'Nam.

I am not surprised you are respected as you should be. You obviously are doing a dedicated job and have had no trouble fulfilling whatever job it is they assigned you, and you are rocking it.

huggz~

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea
          Back on topic.

Women have always ruled the world.

They still do.

If they want the power, it is theirs.

I don't even understand the women's movement.

I think many of the women of my generation have been brainwashed into thinking that "traditional" womens roles are always demeaning.

I see most of these women abandoning their children to grandparents, aunties or even strangers. I see these women dumping their children at "daycare" beginning at 2 or 3 years old.

Seems to me they are voluntarily abandoning the most amazing incredible opportunity of human life ---- to bring life into the world and to nurture that life and then set it free.

What possible job or house or car or money could beat that as a reason to live?

Women have always ruled the world.
          And how about formula milk? Many mothers nowadays choose to feed their babies formula. whatsupwithdat?

Its the system. Back in the days it didn't take 2 parents working a 9-5 to support a family.

So all you feminist can keep pushing for equality, keep trying to "prove yourself" All the while "The Man" is benefiting off of your stupidity. You ignore your real worth in society.

"Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children" -William Makepeace Thackeray

And the school system is nothing more than daycare. The teachers supervise your kids while you go slave away at the 9-5.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
            So all you feminist can keep pushing for equality, keep trying to "prove yourself" All the while "The Man" is benefiting off of your stupidity. You ignore your real worth in society.
            Amen to that Poiboy.

I've also said that. I look at 30 and 40 something year old women who are tired and beaten and stressed and I think, "Ho, the feminist movement really was a scheme by men to end up having women make money AND take care of the home." Women were screwed in the deal.

How about women who "schedule" C-sections so they don't have to take off much work or they can at least "plan" their birth around their job committments.

And then there are the ones who actually MEDICATE themselves to stop lactating because breast feeding is just too much of a hassle. How un-natural is that?

And then there are the women who think that the best thing out of the entire feminist movement is that they can abort their babies at will.

I'm not knocking the poor who may have no choice but to go to work. But the vast majority I see doing this are educated middle class women.

Again, women could rule the world. Its always been up to them. The last way they will do it is by trying to BE a man. That will never work. That is why Hillary will lose. Too much of a man.

Comment

Hui! I'm NOT a Feminist! I am a Strong W O M A N!!!

I love to have my doors open for me. I also open the doors for men. I appreciate the awesome strength and muscles of which men have. Their ability to understand cars, computers, mechanical stuffs better den females. Granted some females know about dem too. However, Men just have the knack for them.

Someone posted Equality. That's what it's all about. We are all EQUAL. To enhance each other.

When I became a Widow, it was a lonely time. I thought I found the perfect partner. I was wrong. Finally, I found someone I am absolutely happy with.

Equality. Being with each other not competing with each other.

Men and Women belonging together.

Den again, I'm for Equal rights too.

Men ~ Men Women ~ Women

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Love and ALOHA

Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule

Comment

I agree with a majority of your assessments. Many women have abused the rights that have been fought for. But we can take the same attitude with the DoI, the Constitution and so forth.

I have in possession (thanks, Ebay!) a copy of the 1959 US Department of Labor's payscales. They are separated for men and women. I bought this because one of my grandmothers worked for HawaiianTel back in WWII as an operator, and always tells us about how Joe Blow made more than her, busting his ass no more than she, working no longer per day, but because he was a male, he got the better wage, as suggested by the USDOL.

I can go on and on about reproductive rights, Nestle and the formula cabals, science and the $$ made off of female health, and on and on. But the point shouldn't be lost in the fact that rights are, yes, abused, although I have never met a woman who blithely had an abortion or a woman who honestly thought she had the upper hand in the workplace or less kuleana in her marriage because she was female.

But shall we take away rights because of abuse? Would any of you presume to make such a decision?

pax

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                  And how about formula milk? Many mothers nowadays choose to feed their babies formula. whatsupwithdat?

Its the system. Back in the days it didn't take 2 parents working a 9-5 to support a family.

"Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children" -William Makepeace Thackeray

And the school system is nothing more than daycare. The teachers supervise your kids while you go slave away at the 9-5.
                  Just so you know..... when I had my son, not only did I nurse him for 9 months, I used REAL diapers - you know, the kind you had actually wash . I also made sure he never went to daycare. I also never gave him processed baby food. I made it all myself. I was home with him all the time until he was fully potty trained. I waited until he was in 2nd grade before I went back to college. My husband and I worked out our schedules so that our son would always have one parent there. I would be there in the mornings to get him off to school and my husband was there when he got home. We always made sure we were all together for dinner. And just so you know, I only had 1 child - not because I had some big career goals - but because I couldn't get pregnant after that. As far as career women being too manly?! Hey, after 49 yrs, I'm still cute

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                    Hey, after 49 yrs, I'm still cute
                    HAHAHAHAHA

Right On!!!! I feel moa vibrant and cuter than I was twenty years ago.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Here is a perfect example of how far we have come to having "equality" between the sexes. On the Democratic Presidential debates last night on CNN, they actually had the audacity to have a "fashion commentator" make note of the fact that Hillary's outfit was "perfect for the occasion" because all the men were dressed in somber dark colored suits and she wore this kinda orangey jacket top with black slacks. And then there was a YouTube question for her and Barack Obama about how they would counteract the fact that Hillary was a woman and Barack was black (but was he black enough?) I gotta give Hillary some credit for responding by saying that she could only run as a female because that's what she was, but that she hoped people were voting for President based on the person's qualifications and not whether they were female or black.

Over the last few days, the printed press (the Washington Post in particular), had a style columnist applauding Hillary's "tasteful" highlighting of her cleavage in recent weeks at various speeches she has given around the country, as well as commenting on the pearls she was wearing. Mind you, this was a female columnist! What portion of the paper's readership do you think she was pandering to? Was she forced by her editors to write that column? Was it a particularly slow news day that she had nothing else to write about? Sometimes women do themselves a disservice too. Of course, men don't have as many clothing options as women do, and perhaps writing about the difference between John Edwards' Armani suit and Mike Gravel's suits from Sears isn't quite as exciting...

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I just want to say "Wow!"

I love how everyone is communicating their thoughts on a very tough subject, so properly and pleasantly. Thank you all.

There are men that have been "Dicks" since the beginning of humankind. Abusing their strengths in the community and their home. So essentially abusing their rights as men. I'm ashamed for them.
                        I just wanted to add in that most of us guys are kinda just big kids.
                        While being responsible on the one hand... we just want to have fun on the other.

It may be because of this that "many" women have gone overboard on their side of things?!

We are equals, but even more importantly, we're partners on the same team.
                        Which means both parties need to love and respect each other for it to work out.
                        Here's a poem I wrote awhile ago...

"Show and Tell"

Since every woman needs to be loved
                        While all men want to feel respected
                        Why we continue to hold those both back
                        Is our own selfishness reflected

To put our mates first and reach our senses
                        Means that we finally did mature
                        Knowing that you are loved and respected
                        Is best when they show their true nature

God has been playing "Show and Tell" with us
                        Truly wanting us to play along
                        He's showing His love through all the gifts
                        While being respectful, though He is strong

Author: Jeff Ruddy aka.-Menehune Man
                        Last edited by Menehune Man; July 24, 2007, 08:36 AM.
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                          But "equality" can mean different things to different people, too.
                          Yup. Women's lib created "equality" by showing that women could do a man's job. It did nothing about raising the status of traditional women's roles.

I guess society values money that would all be spent before the grave could be filled over raising the next generation. I think the argument can be made that traditional women's roles have always been more important then men's. But men, being what they are, like to beat their chest about how self-important they are. And women have take the lie - hook, line and sinker.

Worse, it almost seems that society expects a woman to be both a mom and career executive - burning the candle at both ends. (And tends to look down on women that only do one.) Hell of a way to be "liberated". What happened to "pro choice"? Oh, I guess that only applies to a different issue.

(I wonder if this belongs in the pet peeve thread?)

Comment

Here's another poem in the same vein.

"SEE THE SMILE..."

Courage without love is tyranny
                            Love without courage can be a door mat
                            What am I now currently
                            I've got to know where I'm at

Always striving to find that fine line
                            To be known as one who shares and cares
                            While holding on to that, that's mine
                            And covering all my fares

To live this life with understanding
                            Giving forgiveness and to live with grace
                            Coming in for a soft landing
                            I see the smile upon her face

Author: Jeff Ruddy aka.-Menehune Man
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Miulang, et al, perhaps we are close to attaining equality in most ways possible and that at the same time reality is screaming to us that total equality in every way will never be, because it can't be. We can't ever be identical, believe it our creator or mother nature, we WERE born different in more than the obvious ways.

Perhaps it's to be recognized that in the few ways we cannot literally be equal that we are the yin/yang, that perfect combo, balance and dang, we can and often do make one heckuva team.

I have marveled more than once how what I am dang good at, much of it hubby just ain't, and vice versa. This is true of big and little things. He'll see one set of observations in a business deal, family soap opera or anything, and I'll see another entire set of things he failed to see, both sets being grounded in reality. He has talents I am laughable at, and vice versa.

Should we literally fight for such equality that we no longer have separate male/female bathrooms in public? Not for me! but I assure you there are some that see equal as literally...no matter how absurd, eracing all lines of difference, or references to them.

God/nature made the male body, generally speaking, physically stronger than the female. this is no insult to we women and yes, as every body is unique and different, it varies with each of us as to how true this is. I busted my butt with the weights and trainers in the seventies while my male friends that did, and honestly didn't do steriods, they developed more muscle than I did with all of us doing it the natural way. THAT is just reality, and is my bottom line that no, we can't all do the same jobs equally, while sure, there are exceptions to every rule.

Comment

EQUAL and EQUALITY are similar, but not the same.

We may never be EQUAL, but we need the opportunity that EQUALITY offers.

Comment

Working...
                                X