Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Women in a man's world - What are your views?

The feminist movement isn't a man versus woman fight.

Its a traditional FEMALE suicide march. Or at least the attempt to rally the march.

I have a strong mother, strong grandmothers and have heard of strong Great-Grandmothers. They all seemed to be perfectly happy with being traditional women. In fact, they seemed to think they got the good end of the deal.

Of course, they married good men. Maybe that's the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      ONE soldier who thinks it's okay to say he's glad he never fought next to a woman? and not only does he say this, he says this to his wife! and then this same wife eats this point of view whole, like it's manna from the sky. oh, SPIT! wifey doesn't know that hubby is insulting her to her face. DUH--newsflash--HE THINKS YOU, AND ALL OF YOUR GENDER, ARE INFERIOR TO HIM. and guess what? YOU BELIEVE IT, TOO!"

I sit here almost shaking my head, for there is none so blind as those that will not see.

Most women would not have lasted or made it, had they suffered the fields and horror of 'Nam. It was not Iraq, I assure you, and that's no picnic.

I have no problem admitting that there are things men can do that women generally fail at. I know I wasn't insulted when my hubby said what he did about 'Nam. I am sorry for you that you feel way. What hubby did was speak truth. Most of the gals he had served near in the navy would NEVER have cut the muster as a marine with him in 'Nam.

Period, fact, reality.....
      Say that to an in country field nurse.

Comment

BTW, somebody used the term "single mother".

That phrase is used by feminist types and others to gain pity or praise.

More truthful terminology is to say; 1) divorced 2) widowed or 3) unmarried mother.

But the 99% who use the term "single mother" are actually #3 or unmarried. They don't like to be honest in that way because that description holds with it certain irresponsibity.

There is no excuse for a woman to have an unwanted pregancy in todays world, unless she was impregnated via criminal rape. I feel sorry for those. The rest were irresponsible.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
          BTW, somebody used the term "single mother".

That phrase is used by feminist types and others to gain pity or praise.

More truthful terminology is to say; 1) divorced 2) widowed or 3) unmarried mother.

But the 99% who use the term "single mother" are actually #3 or unmarried. They don't like to be honest in that way because that description holds with it certain irresponsibity.

There is no excuse for a woman to have an unwanted pregancy in todays world, unless she was impregnated via criminal rape. I feel sorry for those. The rest were irresponsible.
          Not always KK

Rubbers break, antibiotics kill the pill, so accidents can happen.

Comment

Peshkwe, I will gladly say it to field nurses since the men I know that served in 'Nam did NOT see "field nurses" in the front lines or jungles of 'Nam. Most women wouldn't have lasted in many of the situations our men put up with there. (yes, where our female nurses were sometimes were hit by wild fire, etc....didn't say they had a picnic, while what I did just say is true)

Just to prove my point...to myself....grinning as I typed that....I just googled "images" and typed in "fire dept." so I could see a bunch of group pics of fire depts. all over this great nation. Yep....FEMALES seem to be missing from these group pics. why?? if women can do ANYTHING men can do, and as well, and there are women that like to be cops, why aren't there more women firefighters??? Nobody's saying they can be one, so what's the deal?

I'll tell ya...most women FAIL the physical test to become fire fighters. No, this is not an insult to say this and it is true. Men, generally speaking are stronger than women. nature did this, it isn't an insult, nor would it be an insult if some male fire fighter said that he was glad that he didn't serve in the dept with women.
            It would not be an insult because women fail to become firefighters, so they clearly don't make good ones, and no man should want to serve with one that wouldn't be able to "have his back" in all types of situations, so to speak.
            Last edited by Karen; July 25, 2007, 08:12 PM.
            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

it is sad to see women tear each other down instead of building each other up.

Comment

Peshkwe, I will gladly say it to field nurses since the men I know that served in 'Nam did NOT see "field nurses" in the front lines or jungles of 'Nam. Most women wouldn't have lasted in many of the situations our men put up with there. (yes, where our female nurses were sometimes were hit by wild fire, etc....didn't say they had a picnic, while what I did just say is true)

Just to prove my point...to myself....grinning as I typed that....I just googled "images" and typed in "fire dept." so I could see a bunch of group pics of fire depts. all over this great nation. Yep....FEMALES seem to be missing from these group pics. why?? if women can do ANYTHING men can do, and as well, and there are women that like to be cops, why aren't there more women firefighters??? Nobody's saying they can be one, so what's the deal?

I'll tell ya...most women FAIL the physical test to become fire fighters. No, this is not an insult to say this and it is true. Men, generally speaking are stronger than women. nature did this, it isn't an insult, nor would it be an insult if some male fire fighter said that he was glad that he didn't serve in the dept with women.
                It would not be an insult because women fail to become firefighters, so they clearly don't make good ones, and no man should want to serve with one that wouldn't be able to "have his back" in all types of situations, so to speak.

Ummm...yeeaah:

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/199...?CP=SAL&DN=110

http://grunt.space.swri.edu/womenkil.htm

And back in history:

http://www.lothene.org/others/women.html
                Last edited by Peshkwe; July 25, 2007, 08:36 PM. Reason: added a link

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                  Not always KK

Rubbers break, antibiotics kill the pill, so accidents can happen.
                  U R correct. But rare. Much more common that it is sheer irresponsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
                    U R correct. But rare. Much more common that it is sheer irresponsibility.
                    My opinion is that it's a lack of understanding and knowledge of the whole process. You'd be amazed if you got a group of teens together and got em to talking. Find out how many boys poke pins in the rubbers so they can get their girl pregnant and how many believe that pulling out will be effective birth control.

Comment

• Re: Women in a man's world - What are your views?

Your links arent' news to me or any of the men that served, that I know. No one said women didn't serve and/or die. what they did say remains true. Women didn't frequent the front lines nor were they seen in the jungles by most men. Most women would not have lasted in many of the situations our men suffered, in 'Nam.

Cran, sorry I forget the exact spelling of your nic....debate isn't "tearing down" or whatever your words were. Debate is healthy unless it turns to ad hominem. I haven't seen this one get that low and lame. At an online forum I moderated years ago we had a rule and it was to "attack the message, but not the messenger." That's all I've seen here, personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                        You don't need to explain, or justify... anyone is free to disagree... you don't give a rip.

But you're seriously pissed off.

Awwww... pua ting. Get over it.
                        PJ - I'm already over it. and I still don't give a rip
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Your links arent' news to me or any of the men that served, that I know. No one said women didn't serve and/or die. what they did say remains true. Women didn't frequent the front lines nor were they seen in the jungles by most men. Most women would not have lasted in many of the situations our men suffered, in 'Nam.

Cran, sorry I forget the exact spelling of your nic....debate isn't "tearing down" or whatever your words were. Debate is healthy unless it turns to ad hominem. I haven't seen this one get that low and lame. At an online forum I moderated years ago we had a rule and it was to "attack the message, but not the messenger." That's all I've seen here, personally.

all i see (to me anyway) is how you refuse to recognize women in their own right. that is sad in itself. i have more to add but ..never mind, you are going to have your own mind set as well as i.

Comment

Most women would not have lasted or made it, had they suffered the fields and horror of 'Nam. It was not Iraq, I assure you, and that's no picnic.

I have no problem admitting that there are things men can do that women generally fail at. I know I wasn't insulted when my hubby said what he did about 'Nam. I am sorry for you that you feel way. What hubby did was speak truth. Most of the gals he had served near in the navy would NEVER have cut the muster as a marine with him in 'Nam.
                            Tell this to a field nurse during a battle. tell this to our own Denby Fawcett who was out there in the middle of rice paddies, alongside the troops, in battles, with a microphone & camera instead of a rifle. They might have to disagree with your hubby.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Cranberee, it is sad that you can't see what I recognize, and I have posted some of it quite clearly, but you are right, your mind is set and so is mine.

Anapuni, were there a couple that actually suffered the fields, the jungles and the front lines? I suppose, if true, that there's an exception to every rule, right? Yep...however, I know the relatives, hubby, friends and his friends that were in 'Nam don't need your nor my agreement with the history that they lived, and that it was our country's policy to not have women on the front lines. In fact, the few that possibly were could have been there against policy. the many men I have heard reports from had no reason to lie, and I certainly know my hubby and his command did not serve with women in 'Nam. It was all male marines. anyone can "disagree" all they want, he was there, he lived it, as did others I am close to.

Thanks for continuing dialogue. We prove, unlike other websites that debate can happen without lowering ourselves to obnoxious levels.
                              Last edited by Karen; July 25, 2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

And there is the key phrase..."the men that served, that I know."

The women that I knew in the military would have gone and done just like the guys

IF they were allowed to, but at that time a female wasn't.

Maybe it's the modern/western Americanized thinking but there have always been plenty of females doing battle right next to the guys in other countries, and they carried their own weight.

Ndn women could always throw down.

Comment

Working...
                                X