KHON TV Sold... Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHON TV Sold... Again.

Dang! I would not like to work for them while ownership changed hands twice in such a short time. I feel sorry for those that do, while I am not inside the loop, so to speak on what happened, is happening, and/or the whys and all that jazz.

What in the world?!
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Re: KHON sold again? in 18mos~

Somewhere, Joe Moore is havin' a good laugh.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Re: KHON sold again? in 18mos~

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      Somewhere, Joe Moore is havin' a good laugh.
      yeah. ole brite smile! love to get his take on this.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

KHON TV Sold... Again.

Breaking news at Honolulu Advertiser.com

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...387652019.html

Use this thread to discuss this sale and the consequences under this new owner.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Re: KHON TV Sold... Again.

Originally posted by mel View Post
          Breaking news at Honolulu Advertiser.com

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...387652019.html

Use this thread to discuss this sale and the consequences under this new owner.
          It's a new sport for the wealthy: Flippin' TV stations!

Hey brite smile watchatink?
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by from the article that mel referred to
            New Vision, a unit of Washington, D.C.-based Arlington Capital Partners, owns television stations in Santa Barbara, Calif., Amarillo, Texas, and Duluth, Minn.
            Ohhh Amarillo, Texas! To be honest for the few days I stayed in Amarillo, whatever TV I was watching was mostly tuned to the USA Network. Did channel surf a few times but I couldn't make heads or tails if I was watching a channel broadcasting from Amarillo or some regional channel.

Comment

Couple of weeks ago I saw another screwed up version of the news at KHON. They lost me as a viewer finally.

I really like the big Hawaiian doing sports on the other channel.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

On tonight's 6 p.m. broadcast, the story was written with a touch of snark. Something to the effect if, "When Montecito Broadcast Group purchased KHON, the company said it planned to own KHON for a long time. Today, New Vision Television Group says it intends to own KHON for a long time."

In case we missed it, Joe Moore quipped as they went to commercial, "I guess some people define 'a long time' differently than others."

This would explain the sudden aggressiveness over online clips of their bloopers and meltdowns. Wonder if the new owners know what they're getting in Joe Moore (and John Veneri)?

Comment

Rick Hamada of MidWeek chimes in with his thots on "the breakup" of Channel 2's news team -

http://www.midweek.com/content/colum...eat_news_team/

Comment

We're losing another KHON anchor/reporter.

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=6063

We wish you the best, Ron!

Comment

Wow, must be that bad for Mizutani to want to work for Hawaiian Telcom.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Yay KHON 2 is going to be an affiliate of a Duluth Minnesota television station! Gee I wonder which one it's going to be.......NBCCBS or will it be ABC or will it be FOX? I'll let you guys know when I know.

Comment

Originally posted by oldiebuff View Post
                          Yay KHON 2 is going to be an affiliate of a Duluth Minnesota television station! Gee I wonder which one it's going to be.......NBCCBS or will it be ABC or will it be FOX? I'll let you guys know when I know.
                          I don't understand what you're saying... what do you mean that KHON is going to be an affiliate of the Duluth Minnesota television station? KHON is still a FOX station.

Comment

I should retract that and say I'm glad KHON will be a sister station of a Duluth Minnesota television station and not an affiliate. My bad.
                            Last edited by oldiebuff; September 19, 2007, 12:36 PM. Reason: Retracting statement

Comment

Working...
                            X