This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 2

Here are a couple more, I can't wait to get out of towm for some new vistas, but I have been making due and enjoying my new surroundings.

Inspired by Mels B&W

Not so B&W

flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

tattrat that b&w is....... WOW!!!!

*scrabmling for something, anything*

well... i dunno. this? my lurk-busted shot of terry o'quinn from the lost symphony?

i updated a lot on this.....
      life is ok sometimes

Comment

I love this thread. No heated tempers...just beautiful photos!

Summer is gone away here in Utah and fall is in full bloom. Winter will be here shortly. Here are a few pictures of the mountains that surround me...

So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Uno mas......

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
            I love this thread. No heated tempers...just beautiful photos!
            I agree. I enjoy looking at every single photo in this thread. Today I caught this sunset scene:

I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Gorgeous shot, Mel. DO you sell any of your photos? Do you have a gallery?

Comment

I happened to be walking past yesterday when I caught them lowering a tree into the ground in Waikiki...

Comment

How do you guys post a photo within your message? Without it being a thumbnail...

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
                    I happened to be walking past yesterday when I caught them lowering a tree into the ground in Waikiki...
                    This brings to mind the Philadelphia Eagles' new "Go Green" environmental campaign...

The Eagles have quietly become the most environmentally friendly team in the National Football League, and perhaps in all of major league sports.

When the Eagles fly to an away game, their organization plants trees in the Philadelphia area to make up for the carbon dioxide emitted by the team's plane.
                    If this applied to all the wins for this season's football Warriors, they'd be planting an entire GROVE of coconut trees there!

Perhaps U.H. should also seriously consider this concept. There may be some federal tax incentives here. Besides, our colors are green too.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 2

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                      How do you guys post a photo within your message? Without it being a thumbnail...
                      www.flickr.com is one place to start.

Photos that show up here in their full size are embedded, not attached (the paper clip).

In HT's text-editing tool set, click on the square yellow icon button (with the mountains and sun) and copy and paste the image URL from flickr into the [IMG]code[/IMG], then enter.

Then, per Flickr rules, you should also highlight the [IMG]your photo[/IMG] portion and link that photo's flickr main page URL to it by clicking on the "insert link" button (globe with link icon) and copy/paste the URL in the dialog box, then hit enter.

If you're hosting photos from your own domain, you don't need to link back (like Flickr) unless you want to.
                      Last edited by Pomai; September 27, 2007, 09:30 AM. Reason: details
                      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

deleted post...

It doesn't show the pic... it shows the link tho.
                        Last edited by cezanne; September 27, 2007, 09:13 PM. Reason: test post gone bad :(

Comment

Our "little mermaid" Rocky, marking #N11, tag #RH58, returned to Diamond Head beach again this afternoon for her beauty nap. This time further down in front of the Kelly (Outrigger hotels) residence...

That red thing on her tail is the NOAA #R58 tag.

She wakes up momentarily to see who's looking at her, then calmly goes back to sleep... cute!...

Here you can see "N11" bleach-marked on her shoulder...

Hawaiian Monk Seals are endangered species and protected by the National Marine Fisheries Service under NOAA.

Rocky looks in good shape, with no visible injuries since I last seen her.

I called Tracy Wurth (Monk Seal Biologist with NOAA) today and notified her of the sighting, which she was very delighted for the info.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Lucky to live Hawaii...

Remember the TV series Flipper? They should make a new one starring a trained Monk seal named Rocky! That'd be way cool.

**Barking like a seal**.... R-R-R-R-R-R-R
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post

Remember the TV series Flipper? They should make a new one starring a trained Monk seal named Rocky! That'd be way cool.
                              If that were to ever happen you'd get every fanatic wacko opposing such a TV show before 1 inch of tape rolls.

BTW, very nice photos. Do you have a telephoto lens that allows you to get up that close?
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                                If that were to ever happen you'd get every fanatic wacko opposing such a TV show before 1 inch of tape rolls.

BTW, very nice photos. Do you have a telephoto lens that allows you to get up that close?
                                DLNR (or Tracy) hadn't arrived yet, so there wasn't any barrier tape, so I kept about 10 feet from her (the usual barrier tape distance) and used whatever optical zoom I had (4x max). Most of those photos are cropped.

Encounters with Rocky in particular are bound to happen, as she's a regular at this beach, and DLNR can't always be there. Main thing is not to harass or bother them.

As for a "Rocky" TV show, I'd push to have it aired ahead of the EA/EIS just to "test the waters" (ratings).
                                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                                X