This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Yesterday, for lunch we shared an Oki-dog (hot dog, chili, Okinawan Shoyu pork, lettuce, all wrapped in a nice warm flour tortilla) at the Okinawan Festival and then some Huli -Huli Chicken and then a few andagis. I have to say that i was dissapointed with the oki-dog which i remembered as being really yummy. The okinawan shoyu pork in the oki-dog was so manini (almost non-existant) and not flavorful, like usual- and it was drenched in a cornstarch thickened gloop. And they also ran out of lettuce to put inside

Luckily, the andagi saved the day. Same for us with the andagi express line.
    Otherwise the lines were killers.

Comment

Broccoli-potato soup (the last of it).
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

not too long ago I made a seriously good spam pasta, my friend gagged but it was way good..

Comment

Chocolate-chip bagel with peanut butter and honey.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Leftover grilled chicken (see dinner thread), wrapped in a tortilla, with added cilantro, red onion & sour cream.

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                eric: rib-eye, medium-rare, with sauteed asian veggies & brown rice.

me: bento of teri flank steak, ahi katsu, and fried chicken with brown rice upon which furikake was sprinkled.

(courtesy of 3 star on bishop street by remington college)
                shoots - wish I would have known you would be around. I could have come down to say hello.

BTW - your bento sounds like it came from the downstairs place, Sora, rather than 3 Star. Both have really good food!
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

An onion bagel with my home-made hummus. Wish I'd had the jalapeno bagel instead, but I guess I'll have it at dinner.
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Mini Beef Curry from L&L and a Can Coca-Cola.

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

6" Subway Club S/W, some Fritos, diet Coke.

Comment

My lunches are usually dull... except for today I had lunch at the Willows for the first time in my life. Nice buffett.... slice of roast or steak, butterfish, Hawaiian food - lomi, poki, kalua pig, tako and poi that was better drunk then scooped. That plus rice and a small desert. It was a special occasion for someone (not me)... I was there mainly to take photos and eat of course.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Chicken Adobo with Rice.

Water.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Jalapeno bagel, plain. With a bottle of water.
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Sun-dried tomato bagel with home-made blackbean hummus. And a bottle of water.
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Shrimp Curry, Rice, Corn Chowder, Custard Pie and Iced Tea from New Eagle Cafe on Union Mall.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X