This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Manapua, spring rolls and a bottle of water from U Choice In.

Comment

today's lunch:
      1/2 a Sourdough Breakfast Jack
      chocolate Oreo cookie shake

from Jack in the Box
      I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Teri chicken, brown rice, mixed veggies and a bottle of water.

Comment

1 manapua
          1 small bag Sun Chips
          water
          I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Cheeseburger, chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of water.

Comment

Portugese sausage, fried egg, a coke, and a whole bag of rock salt plum for desert.
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

Peanut Butter Crunch meal replacement bar
                6 New York Style Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
                water
                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Pig's Feet Soup, Pusit Gisado, and Pinackbet from Cafe Dalisay.

And Rice...lot's of rice.

I blame "BEAU!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I've decided to make some fries for the game.

You've gotta try this, it's ONO!!!!

1.) Get a package is regular frozen fries. Put 'em on a tray in the convection oven and bake 'um until they are hot; not thoroughly cooked, just hot.

You really just want to heat them up to melt all the precipitated ice-moisture away to dry the outside of the fries.

2.) Heat up a pan of oil about 1/2 inch high in the empty pan. Get it nice and hot. When you've evaporated all the moisture from the fries through baking, take the fries out of the oven and put them in the hot oil.

If you didn't bake the fries long enough, you'll know it when the hot oil "spits" at you. OOUUWWIIEEE!!!!!
                    ... and yes, you are actually cooking the fries, twice.

3.) Let the fries sizzle in the oil until they get a little golden on the edges, then remove them to drain on a layer of paper towels.

Immediately season them with a slight dash of garlic powder (go light on the G/P, too much will ruin it), and a lot of onion powder, followed bY salt (...and I find that you can be unusually generous with salt and it actually tastes great -remember the way McDonalds fries used to be?) then sprinkle with aji namoto. PAU!

I swear this tastes like the potato version of "Chicken-in-a-biscuit" crackers, AWESOME!

-------------------------------------------

Okay, so now you want to get fancy and impress your friends and neighbors.

Try this:

1.) Cook up 16 oz package of bacon. Overcook it to make it crispy to where the strips are brittle when cool, tamp the oil out and break the strips into small bits.

2.) put your seasoned fries on a large plate. Set your oven to high broil. Lay a few sheets of American cheese over the fries and put the plate in the oven for a minute, just long enough to melt the cheese.

3.) remove fries from oven and sprinkle with bacon bits. Create a hole in the center and dump s large blob of sour cream in the middle of the fries, then cover the whole thing with some chopped green onions.

WARNING:

Once you do this, all other fries will never taste the same.
                    You'll never want to buy fries outside, again.
                    OMG! Your recipes sound positively onolicious! Thanks for posting them, woodman.

I will definitely plan on trying your recipes out. But if I do, Auntie Lynn and P.K. must come over my hale, since that is too much food for just myself.

Auntie Lynn are you game??

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                      OMG! Your recipes sound positively onolicious! Thanks for posting them, woodman.

I will definitely plan on trying your recipes out. But if I do, Auntie Lynn and P.K. must come over my hale, since that is too much food for just myself.

Auntie Lynn are you game??
                      Shua! Juss lemme know when.

Comment

Pork cutlet, mashed potatoes, mac salad and a bottle of water.

Comment

Pho' from Linh's.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Checked out Uncle's Fish Market & Grill at Pier 38.

My coworker had the center-cut calamari salad with oriental dressing. The calamari was perfect, just tender, not rubbery, so smooth I had to doublecheck that it wasn't processed! She also had the chowder, though she said it was more a gumbo. I had the ahi belly with their signature sauce. Again, perfectly cooked, very moist but not underdone.

The dishes are in the $10-$15 range, but that's not bad for the quality and freshness of the food. We got lucky on parking but it looks like it can be a challenge (like it is for Nico's). Though there's more open space/gravel in the area! But it's a nice open layout, unlike Nico's, and thus more comfortable. The decor is appropriately fisher-like, with stock and vintage footage of fishing expedition playing on large screens.

It also looked like there was the makings of a stage or performing area in one corner. Live music, perhaps?

Comment

Peanut Butter Crunch meal replacement bar
                              6 New York Style Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
                              water
                              I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Kanahina, do you eat a mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon snack? Don't you get hungry?

Comment

Working...
                                X