Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Default Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Pork pate banh mi sandwich and water. A bargain at only $2.50.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like. --Mark Twain

Bento lunch with a can of Green Tea.

Beef and gravy with orzo, sliced mini sweet peppers, grape tomatoes, arizona diet green tea with ginseng.

Plate lunch from U Choice Drive In.

Yesterday: Pan-seared opah at Nico's at Pier 38.
    Today: Roast beef croissant and some strawberries, left over from a faculty lunch I missed yesterday.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Prime-Rib and Garlic Shrimp from "Loco Moco" in Koko Marina.

Garlic Shrimp ~ Excellent.
    Prime-Rib ~ The worst I've ever eaten. I dunno wea they get their meat from but it was tough. The plastic knife and my teeth had a hard time cutting it. Foa shame!

P.K. was grinning the whole time cause his food was onolicious!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

A repeat visit to Hank's Haute Dogs where I enjoyed the Polish dog with Maui onion rings - they are still on the menu - may they remain so forever. Washed it all down with hibiscus lemonade...yummy. Even better, good company who sprang for the bill!

Talking Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Lunch at Islands Fine Burgers and Drinks at the Hookipa Terrace in Ala Moana Center. I had the "Baja" chicken soft tacos, which were nice but surprisingly bland for something advertised as "spicy." Fortunately, the Kona Pie dessert made up for it all.

An original Orange Dream Machine Jamba juice and a Cheddar Cheese Jalepeno Twist from Jamba Juice,
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Tried out Blazin Steaks out at Windward Mall today

I had the Korean BBQ Chicken and Hubby had 8 oz Steak.

All plates were $6 including fountain drink Rice/ toss salad.
    Good price- but whoever cooked the rice added like 2 cups extra water. It was like eating disgusting mochi.
    Anyway the steak was good, but as I always say the side dishes can make or break the main dish. In this case

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

lunch was harm ha roast pork (eric's choice) and eggplant and tofu in slightly spicy garlic sauce (my choice) from au's garden behind new diner's on king. we like going there cause they're cheap ($13.88 for the entire bill), quick (we got in and out within an hour), and courteous. plus the food quality is consistently good for the price no matter what we order--ginger chicken, pork bittermelon, beef ong choy (with or without harm ha), minute chicken, oyster chicken, egg fu yong--it's all been good. oh! their gau gee is perfectly executed.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Indian buffet: pakoras, three kinds of curry, pilaf, dal, tandoori chicken, saag, cole slaw, naan, chicken tawaa, and mango pudding at a restaurant that Bill Gates (when he was single) used to eat at in Redmond, near Microsoft. And that was only about half of the selections on the steam table.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like. --Mark Twain

I had lunch today at Island Fine Burgers and Drinks in the Ho'okipa Terrace in Ala Moana Center. I had the Kilauea Burger, Island Fries, and a Coke (which was free refills).
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Snacking on popcorn and a Diet Coke while watching a movie. Would have like to have a hot dog too but new batch would not have been ready by the time the movie started.

After the movie went to Arby's for the Popcorn chicken shakers, beef and cheedar sandwich and cup of Mountain Dew.

Orange chicken and green-bean chicken from L&L's Chopsticks Express at the Airport Trade Center. With a Rockstar energy drink, a Diet Pepsi, and lots of water.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Two hot dogs and two Nestley's crunch bars. 'A'ole pilikia, I skipped dessert at dinner tongiht. Hahaha!
    'Alika

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Snacking on popcorn and a Diet Coke while watching a movie. Would have like to have a hot dog too but new batch would not have been ready by the time the movie started.

After the movie went to Arby's for the Popcorn chicken shakers, beef and cheedar sandwich and cup of Mountain Dew.
    What is a popcorn chicken shaker? The mind boggles.

Made kalua pig for a party - had to sample some at home first, yeah? Make sure the salt and smoke levels were just right...

Manapua wagon for me today, closest without driving. $1 noodles and 2 $.50 pieces of chicken with a Diamond Head strawberry soda.
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Steamed Uhu.

Ahi Poki, and Poi!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

a bowl of brocoli salad from costco and a glass of water

Quote Originally Posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    What is a popcorn chicken shaker? The mind boggles.
    The chicken pieces are around the size of the McDonald's Chicken McNuggets, I can't remember on the number of them, at least 7 pieces, placed in a cup 6 inches high, pour in a sauce (BBQ was yesterday, Buffalo was last week), close the cup with the provided cover and shake the cup for a while (20 seconds seems to work).

The chicken pieces should be coated with the sauce, eat them with the fork provided (and carefully not to eat an entire piece in one bite).

It's kind of new thing for Arby's maybe being advertised at least in the last 3 to 4 weeks.

Today's lunch. A couple of cheeseburgers and a bottle of Diet Coke.

A blueberry bagel (plain) and a 16-oz can of sugar-free Rockstar. I may follow that up in a bit with a sesame bagel.
    GrouchyTeacher.com

A bowl of turkey salad, a baloney and cheese sandwich that I only ate half of because the baloney was getting old and I didn't really like it, a can of iced tea, and two peanut butter cups.
    'Alika

A couple of sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast