Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Default Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

House steak dinner from the Steak and Fish Company at Ala Moana Shopping Center with a bottle of water.

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    House steak dinner from the Steak and Fish Company at Ala Moana Shopping Center with a bottle of water.
    Water?! Helen, are you okay?

Tonight is Portuguese bean soup, manapua and salad

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    House steak dinner from the Steak and Fish Company at Ala Moana Shopping Center
    I dig that place! It's my new favorite spot in the food court. Gosh, I really hate food courts.

Dinner tonight (while working on the paper) was a mondo burrito from Del Taco in Moanalua. With a bottle of water.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Panini Grill, another vendor in the Ala Moana Food Court, this time hot dog, tuna pasta salad and a cup of Mountain Dew (I should have had water, being late in the evening).

spanikopita from trader joe's.

Last night: ice cream. Really. Not my usual fare, but our `ukulele group was performing at an ice cream social, so...
    Tonight: something from Mexico (the restaurant, not necessarily the nation), prior to attending the new musical version of "Young Frankenstein."

A cheese burger, French fries, and a glass of milk.
    'Alika

We had some orange flavored chicken, beef with broccoli, sauteed string beans, and some fried rice.

Ribeye steak and a bottle of water from the Steak and Fish Company at Ala Moana Food Court.

Last night: Loco moco from L&L.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

late posting of last sunday's dinner (been busy with school, work, eric's upcoming bday, my impending move, my impending car purchase...which i'm putting off til after the move, to my sadness):

eric's special pan seared pork chops with garlic sauteed green beans & mushrooms plus his even special-er cream of mushroom soup gravy, augmented by a good dose of black butte porter....mmmmmmmm! i was groaning so much in ecstacy whilst eating that the neighbors prolly thought he was serving me some happy horizontal hunka chunka or somethin'!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

pollo funditos at azteca.

Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger, Jumbo Jack and a cup of Diet Coke.

Ran to Don Quiote and p/up ingredaments fo make Chop Steak, onions & mushrooms. Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, shoyu & chicken broth. Let em cook/simmer for about one hour and serve ova hot rice, ho man, talk about onooooooooooo .

Spicey tuna with crackers and for dessert, a chocolate Napple from Napoleon's bakery. burp~

small wonton mein with extra garnishes from zippy's and a glass of water. Talk about ono!
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Dinner from Kelly's Cajun.

This thread is useless without pictures.

Blueberry pie for dessert...from these that we picked.

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

we celebrated eric's mumbleth birthday last night (my sweet's bday is actually today). at his request, i treated him to alan wong's. we both chose the five course set menu with wine ($105; $75 w/o wine).

appetizer duo:

"POKI-PINES”
    Crispy Won Ton Ahi Poke Balls on Avocado with Wasabi Sauce

“SOUP AND SANDWICH”
    Chilled Vine Ripened Hamakua Springs Tomato Soup with Grilled Mozarella Cheese, Foie Gras, Kalua Pig Sandwich

entrees:

GINGER CRUSTED ONAGA
    Organically Grown Hamakua Mushrooms and Corn, Miso Sesame Vinaigrette

BUTTER POACHED
    KONA COLD LOBSTER
    Shrimp, Honda Tofu Cake, Jalapeño Tokyo Negi Sauce

TWICE COOKED SHORTRIB,
    SOY BRAISED AND
    GRILLED “KALBI” STYLE
    Gingered Shrimp,
    Ko Choo Jang Sauce

DESSERT DUET
    Chocolate “Crunch Bars”
    Layers of Milk Chocolate Macadamia Nut Crunch, Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse

and Coconut Tapioca
    Passion Fruit Sorbet and Fresh Fruits

some nice touches--when i made the reservation, i told them it was his bday. when eric opened up his menu, it had been personalized with a happy birthday greeting which the staff all signed. also, the plate of dessert had a single lit candle and "happy birthday eric!" (okay-it didn't say eric, it said his real name) written in chocolate syrup.

the food descriptions, which i copied off the restaurant website, do not do any part of the meal justice. and i wish they had a listing of the wines served available, but they don't.

eric and i have eaten at a lot of fine dining restaurants over the years. we've decided that last night's dinner, with it's perfectly paired wines (well, champagne and wine, cause the app came with a champagne), made for the absolutely best meal of its kind in this state. the only other better meal we had was at thomas keller's bouchon in vegas.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Steak tips, rice, tomato and monserella cheese salad, rolls with butter, and a glass of milk.
    'Alika

I made some kaldaretta, Filipino stew, for da ohana. My son gobbled it up. He ate a lot. After, we played outside to cool off from the heat, and he wanted to eat some more food because he got hungry again. I guess da bruddah be a growin boy for a 6 1/2 year old.

Chicken bento from Sushi Robot with a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

Tonight I'm cooking a Peruvian chicken dish called "Pollo a la Brasa". It's got shoyu, lime juice, oregano, cumin, lotsa garlic and some paprika in the marinade. The recipe came from the Sept. issue of "Gourmet" magazine. This issue is a keeper because it's got all kinds of Latin American dishes in it that I want to try out.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast