Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Default Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

We went to ROMANO'S MACARONI GRILL after taking in THE LION KING ths afternoon. I had the pork chops with risotto, but consumed only one. Doggie-bagged the other chop. Ate all my broccoli, though. Two strawberry lemonades hit the spot.

Enjoyed both adventures.
    Last edited by oceanpacific; October 29th, 2007 at 01:14 AM.

Saturday night I BBQ'd rib steaks, potatoes and broccoli for the wife and myself.

Star market had avocados on sale, so I made guacamole (avocado, mayo, salsa and parmesan). Had it with flour tortilla chips.

I bought some fancy margarita glasses at Kmart several months ago, and once a week or two we make coladas or margaritas in them.

This week, it was an OJ colada - OJ, rum, ice cream and ice - blended until thick. Yum! And easy.

We have a guava tree and I freeze the strained juice to use in these drinks. (Also great in cheesecake!)

Variations: OJ, sweet-sour mix, and/or guava puree blended with tequila for a Kalihi margarita.

Also great with Galliano or Amaretto.

Traditional colada as taught to me by my friend Carole Kahn on Kauai was: Pineapple juice, coconut juice, ice cream, rum, blended with ice. So goood.

Pizza, polish sausage and a cup of fruit punch from Costco.

Fried rice, pepper steak, bourbon chicken and a cup of Mountain Dew from Kelly's Cajun Express.

A really late dinner consisting of a hamburger with cheese (that's what my reciept and package said) and cup of fruit punch at Zippys. Also had some Halloween fun sized candy during a NaNoWriMo gathering.

Frying Two Akules!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Liver and onions, brown rice, veggies, miso soup, salad, ice cream and fruit punch from LikeLike Drive Inn.

Prime rib, fried rice, corn, and carrots from Lahaina Chicken Company with a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

Plain ol' home cookin' for a change...grilled marinated, boneless, skinless chicken thigh and half a large Okinawan sweet potato? yam? Purple inside kine! Luv 'em. Still, I think I'd rather go to Creative 1's house for dinner!

We went to eat dinner at Tony Roma's. I had some: onion loaf, bread (w/ butter), mozarella stick, 1/2 a loaded baked potato and ribs. I have a couple days worth of leftovers too!

we also had dessert (of course!) - Chocolate Brownie Sundae
    First we start with a warm tender chewy fudge brownie. Then we top it off with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream and crushed Oreo® cookies.
    now that i read the description again - i don't remember the Crushed Oreo cookies ...
    I'd rather be ... LOST

Pork adobo, fried rice and a Diet Coke from Golden Coin.

Leftovers...see post #434

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

eric made dinner "magically appear" (our way of saying that one person has zero labor in the meal and gets to enjoy it as if it "magically appeared" before him/her) for me last night by picking up a thin crust pepperoni/mushroom/fresh tomato/extra sauced pizza from papa john's. mmmm...so good, esp after sprinkling a lil garlic powder, oregano, fresh ground pepper and basil on top. give me some banana peppers or jalapenos to eat along with, and i'm a happy, happy woman, esp now that pizza is a rare treat nowadays.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Big fat juicy steaks from Costco. Mmm.

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
    Big fat juicy steaks from Costco. Mmm.
    I hope you invited Scrivener. That alone will convince him to renew his Costco membership!

Chanting: RIB EYE! RIB EYE! RIB EYE! RIB EYE!

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

pizza tasted so good last night, and neither of us felt like cooking, so we had pizza again. omigawd, i'm so pizza'd out. no more pizza between now and when we go to portland in december. bleh. *burp*
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Visiting Hawaiian Musician Week continues here in Seattle (see the breakfast thread) - went out for sushi tonight with a couple guys on their West Coast tour, then brought 'em back to our house for homemade brownies and vanilla gelato.

Culinary tip: dice up pieces of candied ginger to add to your brownie mix - YUM!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718