This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Just cooked up a great big pot of Italian Wedding Soup. Should last me a coupla days.
    Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
    Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Good news, bad news.
      Good news: just finished a great Cobb salad.
      Bad news: it served as breakfast, lunch and dinner for today.
      Working too many hours to eat earlier.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

N.Y. Steak with my little one. Would have celebrated 31 years with his grandfather today.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Southern sausage and egg casserole.
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

20-minute turkey chili and big hunks of oatmeal bread I made last night in my bread machine (takes twice as long to use the bread machine as it does to do it by hand, but the texture of the bread was fantastic).

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Got an urge for a evening SNACK @ Mini Garden.

Beef Tendons/Roast Duck ova Stewed Fun.
              Duck Egg
              Soup

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Baconator, single cheeseburger, a small Frosty and a cup of Diet Coke at Wendys. Stayed there for a quite a while with a friend talking story and managed to eat a 2nd small Frosty.

Comment

Chicken, cole slaw and soda from KFC with a side of sushi from Robot Sushi.

Comment

Rigatoni with meatballs and mixed veggies, and a large glass of milk.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Marie Callendar's chicken pot pie. Oh, wait. I had that for breakfast and I haven't been hungry since!

Comment

eric took me to dinner at ruth's chris. i'd never been there before and wanted to go.

we shared the caesar salad, which i thought was the best i've had in a long time--the dressing wasn't runny, the parmesan flakes were copious enough, and the romaine leaves were crisp and refreshing. the anchovy flavor was perfectly balanced, too.

eric ordered the cowboy rib eye, and i had the petit filet with shrimp. we both ordered our steaks medium rare but mine came out a little closer to medium. no matter--both were still very tasty. we had the potatoes au gratin and broiled tomato as sides. mmmm...it's only the next morning, and i want to eat there again.

we shared a bottle of edmeads 2005 mendocino. dessert was a comped bread pudding with whiskey sauce in celebration of my mumbleth birthday.

what made the whole experience sweeter was that we were surrounded by other couples--one celebrating an anniversary, another a birthday, an elder couple clearly still adorably in love, and another couple who seemed only a few weeks, if not a few days, away from welcoming a new baby (the missus' belly was adorably shaped like a bulging torpedo). and of course the best part was looking across the table at my sweets.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                          eric took me to dinner at ruth's chris.
                          >>>>
                          dessert was a comped bread pudding with whiskey sauce in celebration of my mumbleth birthday.
                          Happy belated "mumbleth" birthday, Cyn!

Which Ruth's Chris was this? Waikiki Beachwalk or Restaurant Row? I'm curious how good the new Waikiki one is.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Kind of late dinner of pizza and beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              Happy belated "mumbleth" birthday, Cyn!

Which Ruth's Chris was this? Waikiki Beachwalk or Restaurant Row? I'm curious how good the new Waikiki one is.
                              we went to the one at restaurant row.

ironically, we ran into a friend of eric's at sam's club yesterday evening, and she told us another friend of eric's was going to have dinner at the waikiki RC. long story short, a third friend recently got a job as some sort of manager there, and a fourth friend also works there. the second friend, who was having dinner at RC Waikiki, used to be a manager at RC Restaurant Row.

anyway, now that i've probably confused you, dinner last night was from bac nam on king between pensacola and piikoi. we shared two shredded pork rolls and veggies (carrot, cabbage, celery, tomato) and beef sauteed in some sort of oyster sauce/ginger gravy and topped with cilantro. we had some jasmine rice with fried garlic on top to eat with the veggies/beef.

we wanted a lighter dinner because it hadn't been that long since we had eaten pizza at sam's club. one thing tho--i won't make the mistake anytime soon of eating a carby meal and having a full-sugar drink like pizza and fruit punch (i didn't want any caffiene so i stayed away from the only diet choice - coke). ugh! within the hour, i felt my body chemistry go all whack and suddenly i could feel my temper flare incontrollably and i became very inclined to act a snappish and whiny harpy.

boy, those younger days of mine where i could eat anything i want without consequence are surely gone.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Some chicken, cole slaw, a bunch of corn on the cob and a cup of Mountain Dew from KFC.

Comment

Working...
                                X