Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Default Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Combo slice, polish sausage and a cup of water from Costco.

Homemade pot of spaghetti sauce, sausage and burger meat in it, with a ton of spices and garlic, over whole wheat pasta. They...had Haagen Dazs for dessert. I didn't!

Kona kampachi (baked in paper with black beans, cilantro and mirin), sashimi, mesclun salad with Ranch dressing and 3 pieces of futomaki.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like. --Mark Twain

Filipino food. Pancit, intestines, eggplant and shrimp, beef and string beans, tripe... from a take-out place.

Chili from a can over cold rice, eaten while sitting in my PJ's in front of the computer...the kids were all out and I was alone.

Big Variety Box from KFC.

#6 combo from Taco Bell.

She made shoyu fried chicken...oh so ono!
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Fresh Alaskan sockeye salmon fillet, steamed with ginger slices and cilantro and mirin, steamed broccoli with some Green Goddess dressing on it and field greens with Ranch dressing. Dessert was a dish of fresh strawberries, Rainier cherries and Dulcinea melon.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like. --Mark Twain

Chile(Hamburger,onions,celery,bell peppers, Kidney Beans & SPICES) Spaghetti w/sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese!

Yummy!!!

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; July 31st, 2007 at 06:02 PM.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Last night: Super chili bowl from Hungry Lion. Kinda gross. I don't know why I eat there. Liliha Bakery's closed Monday nights, and I worked until 9:00, so maybe that's why.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

BBQ Chicken from Yummy's BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post

Chile(Hamburger,onions,celery,bell peppers, Kidney Beans & SPICES) Spaghetti w/sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese!

Yummy!!!

Auntie Lynn
    Wow that looks delish. I LOVE sour cream on my chile.

Anyway, I had for the 2nd night in a row some take out Chicken with Black Bean Sauce over Cake Noodles from the Golden Duck on King & Piikoi. I like to pour chili sauce over it as well.
    n'importe

Chicken parmesan, with a Rocky Road ice cream chaser.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

A feast of Greek food, with the AF, and a former co-worker whom I hadn't seen in three years, plus his partner. WOOF! Still reeking of garlic this morning...

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

Quote Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post

Yummy!!!

Auntie Lynn
    OMG auntie! *droooooooooooooooooooooool* i've been craving chili spaghetti for two weeks now but i refuse to go to zippy's for it. eric promised me he'd cook his turkey chili with porter/chocolate/cinnamon this week but now that i've seen your pic, i like come your house and have your leftovers, if still get!

last night's dinner was had at au's garden behind diner's in kalihi. they're cheap yet consistently good in the quality of their food. we had the garlic eggplant and the pork ong choy. i forgot to ask them to add harm ha to the ong choy, but eric and i left with very happy tummies regardless.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Quote Originally Posted by ericncyn View Post
    OMG auntie! *droooooooooooooooooooooool* i've been craving chili spaghetti for two weeks now but i refuse to go to zippy's for it. eric promised me he'd cook his turkey chili with porter/chocolate/cinnamon this week but now that i've seen your pic, i like come your house and have your leftovers, if still get!
    You can come! I'll send you my phone number and address PM!

Got the following link for your Ong Choy with Harm Ha!
    http://kaukautime.blogspot.com/2005_06_30_archive.html

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; August 1st, 2007 at 07:41 AM.

Beef and cheader sandwich with a cup of fruit punch from Arby's.

Last night was bean soup with carrots, potatoes, turnips and onions.

This morning I'm paying for it

Leftover chicken katsu and a banana.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Last night I made tonkatsu with curry sauce (from a mix), and small vegetable salad.

Dinner was homemade Taco Soup! Oh man, if you haven't had it, google for the recipe and then maybe make some of your own changes.

We found out that the bag of "fifteen beans" works great in it, then use ground sausage and hamburger, black olives, a bit of jalapeno if you like it and can take it, fresh tomatoes chopped if you have time, and a lot of them, either frozen sweet corn or chop your own off the cob for fantastic flavor, mushrooms, man found out they are packed with potassium.

We use several packs of the taco seasoning mix and the powdered Ranch dressing mix, and cheese! gotta have some cheese, for us the sharper cheddar the better.

sometimes we pour this soup, very thick and not so soupy soup.... ...over salsa chips, and sometimes over a raw salad mix. It's versatile, heavenly with cornbread or just alone with your fav. cracker. It's very filling and man, I even had it for breakfast before and I was energetic and moving for hours.

Okay, I just lust the stuff....burp~

Okay, you're going to mock me for this (and I deserve it), but Wendy's new BACONATOR (really, it's a title that should always be in all caps) is soooooo wrong it's just about right. Two patties. Six slices of bacon. Two slices of "cheese." On a bun. And that's it. No veggies of any kind, no sauce, no condiments. I had to try one just for the guilt-rush.

It was pretty good, but my curiosity is sated, and I doubt I'll get another. Definitely worth a try, though.
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    Okay, you're going to mock me for this (and I deserve it), but Wendy's new BACONATOR (really, it's a title that should always be in all caps) is soooooo wrong it's just about right. Two patties. Six slices of bacon. Two slices of "cheese." On a bun. And that's it. No veggies of any kind, no sauce, no condiments. I had to try one just for the guilt-rush.

It was pretty good, but my curiosity is sated, and I doubt I'll get another. Definitely worth a try, though.
    I fell for it a couple weeks ago, too. As you said - worth one try, not good enough for a repeat performance.

Boiled Ham Hocks with Black Eye Beans

Corn Bread, Collard Greens w/Bacon.

Rice

HAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast