"Must do before I die" list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Must do before I die" list.

What's some things on your must do list?
    This can be anything and in any catagory.

My first to add and I'm starting to plan it so within a couple of years I hope to make it happen.
    Is a Trek to Mount Roraima in Venezuela. Here's a link and Google for more info.
    Just too incredible!
    http://www.geodyssey.co.uk/venezuela...world_trek.htm
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: "Must do before I die" list.

Must Do Before I Die:

See the children grown up and on their own
    Go back to Hawaii
    Figure out how to grow good carrots
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Another visit to Amarillo Texas. Spend more time around the Dallas-Fort Worth airport. Drive around 100+ miles in either direction on the I-40 with Amarillo being the base.

Comment

I was going to post something about all the continents and islands and stuff, but after reading about Armarillo TX, my mind went blank...

pax

Comment

Helen...what's the attraction to the Dallas-Fort Worth airport? I haven't been there since 1978 so I'm sure it's changed a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
            I was going to post something about all the continents and islands and stuff, but after reading about Armarillo TX, my mind went blank...
            I wuz going post sumting too...but my stomach too sore from LAUGHING!!!

K..k..k..neba mind. I come back laterz.

Dis is a serious question.

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Super-partial list:
              1. Bungee jump
              2. Jump out of a plane
              3. Visit the Smithsonian Institute
              4. Visit Yellowstone Park
              5. Catch an ulua

Comment

Watch my girls grow up.
                Watch my girls graduate from college.
                Watch my girls make me a Mom-Mom.
                Write three great novels.
                Make my yard perfect.

One thing I've always wanted to do was get a ride in a fighter jet. But since I want to watch my girls achieve greatness, I'm going to wait until my next life before I get my wings.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Heck Helen, I wanna know what the fascination is with the Amarillo area! Hubby was born there, I can't even remember being there but maybe once, as I was a beach baby in Corpus christi, then Austin and San antone were my stomping grounds, but uh.....what did Amarillo do for you? did ya leave your heart there?

Okay! must do before I die.....visit the Great Pyramids and Israel.

Do a painting, just one, cuz I am not an artist but....the expression must be attempted once, at least.

Live on the mainland again.

Attend another huge family reunion in Texas, maybe the three day one on Lake Austin.

Dye my hair blonde cuz of some family jokes, some of which I instigate and enjoy.

Take a computer course and learn to do many things that I now have others do for me.

Become absolutely addicted to aerobic exercise...hopefully in an air conditioned gym.

I may come to this thread a week from now and have a whole other list.
                  Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Learn to swim.
                    (Really.)

Comment

Hone my skills enough to teach sewing in sign language.

Travel to Australia and NZ. Oh and Fiji too! Oh and Go back to OK for sure!

Publish a memoir.

Start a RAIN support group in my area when I get settled...

That's about it not including my kids and all that family stuff.
                      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                      Sharing withother survivors...
                      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Angel Falls and the Gran Sabana is on my list too as well as:http://www.britannica.com/eb/art-174...rticleTypeId=1I'm into waterfalls. This one was fantastic:http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...3Doff%26sa%3DN
                        Last edited by sinjin; July 27, 2007, 11:54 AM.
                        “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                        http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Do you folks know about 43things.com? it's a social network centered on people's lists of stuff they want to get done, long-term and short term. It's pretty fun. I'd link you to mine, but I'm typing this in a movie theater on my smartphone while waiting for The Simpsons to begin, and I can't do BBcode on this thing.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                            Jump out of a plane
                            Ahh hopefully with a functioning parachute when you exiting a moving plane above a certain altitude or jump out of a plane after it comes to a complete stop

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Helen...what's the attraction to the Dallas-Fort Worth airport? I haven't been there since 1978 so I'm sure it's changed a lot!
                            Ride the Sky Train around the whole airport, check out the various places in the terminal area.

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                            Heck Helen, I wanna know what the fascination is with the Amarillo area! Hubby was born there,
                            As mentioned in this thread the initial reason why I went there was (more or less) business related. While we did drive around to get supplies from the local Wal-Mart, eat at some of the nearby places and scout out the location the day before the big event (which was 2 days long) we didn't sightsee Amarillo until after everything was done. I think we had about 2 to 3 hours checking out I thought was a telescope, encountering a strange road sign along the way, driving around the 335 Loop and eating dinner at the Big Texan Steak Ranch.

To be honest when I initially heard of Amarillo back in the 1980's I had the impression it was a small Texas town (this is what happens when you don't check things up). It was only the last 3 months or so that I come to find out is quite sizeable in population and area. After spending 4 or 5 days there I am left with the impression that Amarillo is the Texas version of Hilo.

However I do feel another trip to the place would be nice, not right now but before I die I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post

Ride the Sky Train around the whole airport, check out the various places in the terminal area.
                              Yes, the Sky Train is an interesting way of moving people around. One time I was flying from Orlando to Seattle via DFW. The plane arrived at DFW late because of a rain squall (we circled DFW for a looooong time). By the time we landed at DFW, I only had about 20 minutes to catch my connecting flight which, much to my dismay, was in a totally different concourse (I was flying on 2 different carriers). The only way to get from the first concourse to the other in time was either to take the Sky Train or take a cab. Well, I opted for the Sky Train, which chugged along around the whole airport until it arrived at the concourse I was trying to get to. By the time I got there, my plane was gone, and when I rebooked on the last flight out of DFW, it turned out that that plane left from the concourse that I had arrived at originally! I should have just stayed at the first concourse and saved myself all that extra wear and tear.

Miulang
                              Last edited by Miulang; July 27, 2007, 01:01 PM.
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X