Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Price of Milk

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    Acousticlady: Try looking over here...you know the Maui Research and Technology Center in Kihei? Well, they do some incubation of promising projects there. You might also be able to qualify for some State funding. You have several things going for you, not the least of which is that you're a minority (woman). I'm on their mailing list and somehow also got on their venture capital mailing list, too. Good luck.

Miulang
    Whoa....very interesting. Something I have not thought about. I just may look into it further. Thanks for the info.

Comment

$3.79 for a half gallon Lactaid milk at Trader Joe's in Los Gatos.
      Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Check out the wave hot spots for the US. Hawaii's got plenty. Also, check out other types of wave powered generators in the other 11 pics.

http://news.com.com/2300-11392_3-620...tag=ne.gall.pg

Comment

Ah yes, the Politics of NO. Populated by folks who think fossil fuels are destroying the planet, while they drive to the next meeting to protest ocean wave technology, or solar arrays covering the landscape, or whatever the "cause-du-jour" happens to be.

Weened during Vietnam. Graduate training during the 70's environmental movement. After 40 years of vigorous training, the only word they have mastered is NO.

Meanwhile, Generation X knows who is at fault for the crumbling infrastructure plaguing America. We are waiting patiently for the Boomers to die. It's getting close. Then we will start building things again.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
            Is it still underutilized? I thought I'd heard a report that there were more takers then used oil.
            True. They were importing some used oil from Cali (?) was it? None of that would be necessary if more restaurants participated. I think in that sense, it's an underutilized technology. Then they'd have enough for much of the OTS bus fleet, and less to deal with at landfills. When I was working there, it kinda sucked having to turn away new customers who wanted large orders...but it turned some on to producing their own in backyards with community waste. A bunch of people are doing it on the North Shore now.
            Last edited by DKP; August 19, 2007, 08:39 AM.
            Sing with me, everyone!
            "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
            like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
            --------------------------------------------------------------
            http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
            The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
            http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
              Meanwhile, Generation X knows who is at fault for the crumbling infrastructure plaguing America. We are waiting patiently for the Boomers to die. It's getting close. Then we will start building things again.
              Not to mention...reversing Harry J. Anslinger's 'legacy'

'...and I will advertise it'
              Sing with me, everyone!
              "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
              like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
              http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
              The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
              http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by DKP View Post
                Not to mention...reversing Harry J. Anslinger's 'legacy'
                Well - can't blame him on the Boomers - he was long before that generation.
                Originally posted by timkona View Post
                Why wait, Tim? GenX is old enough now to make the changes you'd like to see. If you wait until the Boomers are dead, you'll be too old to accomplish it - and GenNext will be pushing YOU out of the way. With your attitude, GenX will waste the opportunity to turn society around.

Or is it just easier to accuse others for things not going the way you'd like? We'll start calling it "the Politics of BLAME."

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...d-dairies.html

Don't have to buy the cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                    $3.79 for a half gallon Lactaid milk at Trader Joe's in Los Gatos.
                    Seven years later, $3.99 for a half gallon Lactaid milk at Trader Joe's in Los Gatos. I've seen brands of less expensive lactose-free milk. Almond / coconut / soy milk usually under three bucks for a half gallon.
                    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Working...
                    X