Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hillary Clinton letters

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    We just need to wait a few months (and we'll definitely get an addtional one if HC takes the nomination) to have yet another position from her on the war. The question to ask, "Do you believe she believes what she says she believes?"
    The candidates who have not been wishy washy about their political views have been the dark horses, which is why they are being shunned by the media (the media, as we all know, are controlled and owned by big conglomerates). All the major candidates have to some degree (some more, some less) backpedaled on the issue of Iraq except for John McCain, and his standing is sinking faster than a lead balloon. If Fred Thompson is going to get into the race, he'd better act soon. I know his "exploratory committee" is disappointed by his fundraising last quarter.

All of the front running candidates say what they think the voters want to hear...until they are voted into office. At that point, many feel free to vote their conscience. That is the nature of national politics these days. The majority of the electorate is not being represented by people who express the will of their constituencies. True change would come if we had public financing of national elections, abolishment of the Electoral College and direct referendums (one person, one vote) on major policy issues. Hillary is a consummate politician...and she learned well, being married to one of the slickest politicians of all.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; August 2, 2007, 09:00 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/...00010000000001

Oh man, I'm laughing. And laughing, and laughing, and laughing.

Confusion is wonderful. So is Hillary. So much for the perceived right wing bias of Fox News by left wing-nuts. Imagination is what drives the left. Same for Mr. Rogers.

Ahhhaaaahahahahahahahaaaaahhh .... aahhhhhaaahahahahahahaha
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
        http://news.aol.com/elections/story/...00010000000001

Oh man, I'm laughing. And laughing, and laughing, and laughing.

Confusion is wonderful. So is Hillary. So much for the perceived right wing bias of Fox News by left wing-nuts. Imagination is what drives the left. Same for Mr. Rogers.

Ahhhaaaahahahahahahahaaaaahhh .... aahhhhhaaahahahahahahaha

and this maniacal, desperate spasm of laughter is post number 1494 where tim either:

(1) shoots his mouth off without thinking and says something that is either completely untrue, or at the very least, that he can't defend or won't later attempt to defend;

or

(2) denies he said what he said, or says we didn't understand what he meant (cause we're not psychic enough, apparently);

or

(3) posts something he saw online as if it were some sort of proof of any previous declarations he's made when everyone recognizes it's tim's slightly more developed version of a child pointing and screaming, "oh my gawd! look at that!" as a distractive move which fools no one.

tim, i've asked you the same question three times. as usual, you hope we're all so stupid as not to notice that all you do is attempt avoiding the slipknot you've tied for your neck.

how do the letters described in karen's introductory post to this thread and which the then-college aged hillary rodham wrote, bear out that the now hillary clinton is a "republican in democrat's clothing"?

*smirk*

it's so satisfying to see you stay down, squirm, and turtledick when i call you out on your lack of intellectual turgidity.

oh, by the way--that newscorp execs make donations to democratic candidates (john edwards included) actually fits in with newscorp's desire to fool the public to believe they're "fair and balanced" when they're not. murdoch admitted that he and his organization have tried to sway public opinion, which is definitely not what any objective, credible news outfit would ever aim to do. that admission, in addition to what faux news actually says and does, have proven to all but the most addled and cerebrally lazy, like tim, that faux is basically the propaganda arm of the rabid right and excessively wealthy.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

A Goldwater Girl and a member of Young Republicans. Years of upbringing by conservative parents who most likely taught values that she probably continues to struggle with as she tries to conform to a political party that she is uncomfortable with in her deepest psyche.

I'm not here to fight Eric. You win.
          FutureNewsNetwork.com
          Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
            A Goldwater Girl and a member of Young Republicans. Years of upbringing by conservative parents who most likely taught values that she probably continues to struggle with as she tries to conform to a political party that she is uncomfortable with in her deepest psyche.
            I recall being disturbed by many of Bill Clinton's decisions in office, most vivid in my mind was his (imo draconian) welfare reform measures and the mendaciously passive-aggressive "Don't Ask Don't Tell" policy for the military. He was no liberal.

If HRC is influenced at all by her husband's politics, I would never assume her political position to be liberal, either.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
              He was no liberal.
              Bingo, PM. President Clinton was/is a brilliant man - and a severe disappointment. He wasted so many opportunities for progressive direction in this country, simply because he was a people-pleaser. I see similar behavior in Senator Clinton.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFNHXZ-g6ks

Comment

Working...
                X