Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KGMB on Kapiolani

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    That's great about Anita altho' she couldn't possibly have been there from day 1.
    Believe it or not, Anita really has been there since day 1 of the tv station!

Comment

Originally posted by Media Guy View Post
      Believe it or not, Anita really has been there since day 1 of the tv station!
      I thought so (I used to work with her husband) but when I saw 1952, well, I couldn't imagine she was at least a decade or more older than I. Now that I scour the deep recesses of my brain, I recall conversations about grandkids (hers) when my kids were still minors.

Can you imagine...55 years with the same company in the same (I think) position? Anita takes the duty of receptionist to a whole, new level. AFAIC, she's indispensible to that company. I hope KGMB has rewarded her loyalty and service many, many times over the years. I also hope she's the highest paid receptionist in the nation!

Comment

Can you imagine...55 years with the same company in the same (I think) position? Anita takes the duty of receptionist to a whole, new level. AFAIC, she's indispensible to that company. I hope KGMB has rewarded her loyalty and service many, many times over the years. I also hope she's the highest paid receptionist in the nation!
        What tickles me the most is she seems to be still as sharp as ever and greets everyone with a friendly smile. I’ve heard she even remembers the names of repeat clients. Kind of amazing at her age.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Local news in HD anytime soon...

Interesting article on what it takes to produce an HD newscast!

WHAT IT TAKES TO PRODUCE AN HD NEWSCAST
          Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

I thought so (I used to work with her husband) but when I saw 1952, well, I couldn't imagine she was at least a decade or more older than I. Now that I scour the deep recesses of my brain, I recall conversations about grandkids (hers) when my kids were still minors.

I'm at KGMB often and I talk to Anita all the time, she says she has been there since 1962. She is 82 and doesnt look it at all.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
              You're right. It costs $$$$ to transition to HD news since plenty of equipment needs to be upgraded in addition to new graphics and possibly a new set (most current sets would look WAY too small in HD).

As for which station's news should go HD first, my vote is also for KGMB!
              Wow, I didn't think it'd actually happen this soon.

It looks like the new owners are actually putting money into the station. I like what I'm seeing now, and I'm looking forward to what else they might have up their sleeve. Going HD news is quite an endeavour for any station, even in the biggest cities. I wonder if they're going to promote the heck out of it before they launch it.

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
                Wow, I didn't think it'd actually happen this soon.

It looks like the new owners are actually putting money into the station. I like what I'm seeing now, and I'm looking forward to what else they might have up their sleeve. Going HD news is quite an endeavour for any station, even in the biggest cities. I wonder if they're going to promote the heck out of it before they launch it.
                Yeah, from the latest broadcast report that KGMB HD launched on Oceanic, they said that their cameras and equipment are HD-ready. Their new on-air set looks HD-ready too or so it seems..especially the news desk looks so big..and even looks better than all the other stations.. in my opinion.

Comment

Do we want to see Joe Moore's face in HD?

Looks like a lot of stations are, understandably, going to be able to show us their studio in HD before their remote footage. But it's their remote footage that I think would benefit the most from HD. Get those new cameras, and get them out there!

Comment

I dunno...I guess my tutu eyes aren't in HD even tho' my TV and cable package are. I have yet to see a close-up of anyone and go..."Ewwwww"!!!!

Comment

Hey, Look! Leslie Wilcox (and guest) in HD!

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...=et71&ana=e_du

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                        Do we want to see Joe Moore's face in HD?
                        Only on an 8-inch screen.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                        X