Lawnmower Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawnmower Help

Picked up a used Murray lawnmower with a Briggs engine for $30 at a garage sale. Looks like it was only used a couple of times. Darned thang won't start. Changed out the plug and there is a spark as I got a pretty good hit when I told the wife to crank it so I could see if there was a spark. Was holding the wire with a rag. Zappo!

Plug comes out wet with gas. Tried cranking it up yesterday and noticed oil shooting out the muffler. Wtf?
    What to do? Anyone work on these? What, dump the oil and go premix?

I thought I'd try making grass cutting easier as I was previously using a weed whacker. Got tired of scratching the skeeter bites at my ankles without having to bend over when I was done.

Re: Lawnmower Help

check for a wasps nest in the exhaust. plugged exhaust is quite common here.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

careful about using premix in an engine not designed for it. might end up burning stuff out.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Might want to dump the gas and put in new. It might be old gas.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
          check for a wasps nest in the exhaust. plugged exhaust is quite common here.
          Wow! Never thought about that. We've been having a similar problem with our mower. I read this post to my husband and I could see the light bulb go on.......... He's going to check that out. We've tried everything else. Thanks!

Comment

Found a solution. Mahalo.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
              Found a solution. Mahalo.

Small Engine Clinic in Pearl City
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Few things you can try....on Auahi Street makai of Fisher Hi...got the import auto shop and next to it, got a business thats pretty good...they did a good job with my John Deere..till some idiot came and burg'd my yard!!! then there is ALWAYS Craigslist Hawaii section....choke people selling lawnmowers a day...maybe you can try em befo you buy em...

Comment

for $25 approx...go to see Tom at Aloha Power on Sand Isle Rd...he's selling several mowers for that price...posted on CL

Comment

Working...
                  X