Iron Man Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man Movie

Here's some footage from Comic-Con where they introduce the movie.

Introducing Iron Man

True fans of the comic should like this movie.

DD
    www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Re: Iron Man Movie

You know I was kind of wondering how much fuel he can stash in his armor to power the jet boots.

Comment

Nah, the armor will bear an Energy Star label.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The Trailer is here

I think it looks pretty good.
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Not too impressed by the trailor, Transformers will be VERY hard to beat, imo.

Not too big a fan of RD jr. too, but I will see it for old times sake.
          flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
            The Trailer is here

I think it looks pretty good.
            wow this trailer is getting me psyched for the movie. I really like the fact that they are going back and doing a modern origin with the old school armor. The silver armor kicks ass with the Black Sabbath in the background.

I also think Downey Jr is the perfect big name star for the movie. I hear Tom Cruise wanted this part and he would have been all wrong. Downey with his less than zero past and substance abuse has the perfect image for Tony Stark. Can't wait for this series to be another in the line of super succesful Marvel titles.

I'm betting that we also saw a quick peek of the bad guy for the show, the crimson dynamo.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
              I also think Downey Jr is the perfect big name star for the movie. I hear Tom Cruise wanted this part and he would have been all wrong. Downey with his less than zero past and substance abuse has the perfect image for Tony Stark. Can't wait for this series to be another in the line of super succesful Marvel titles.
              Not a fan of Tom Cruise. Glad they turned him down.

A lot of people have doubts about Robert Downey, Jr, but I think he can pull off the corporate Tony Stark role.

Oh, and he's not the only big-name star attached to the film.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                You know I was kind of wondering how much fuel he can stash in his armor to power the jet boots.

Comment

repulsors do not use fuel, they are some kind of magnetic force beams.

Comment

Maybe he has a high-tech solar cell.
                    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                    Flickr

Comment

If you have the HD-DVD version of Transformers. You can watch "The Iron Man" trailer after the ending of the ending credits.

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                        repulsors do not use fuel, they are some kind of magnetic force beams.
                        The repulsors generate magnetic force beams (apparently he also has repulsors on the bottom of his boots that give him flight). But what powers the repulsor device(s)?

Comment

The intro to the comic version back in the late 1970's said the armor was solar powered but unlike the Hanna-Babara Birdman who was also solar power powered, Iron Man never complained about being powerless when out of the sun.

I suspect the armor has really good internal batteries that can deliver some good wattage and be recharged by various sources like 110 volt A/C line, tap into a 12 volt car battery or be recharged by the sun.

Comment

The intro to the comic version back in the late 1970's said the armor was solar powered but unlike the Hanna-Babara Birdman who was also solar power powered, Iron Man never complained about being powerless when out of the sun.
                            Solar power was the rage at the time when we suffered gas shortage back in the Carter era.

I suspect the armor has really good internal batteries that can deliver some good wattage and be recharged by various sources like 110 volt A/C line, tap into a 12 volt car battery or be recharged by the sun.
                            Nah, I think the suit will utilize hydrogen fuel cells with Faraday technology. In order for him to operate his repulsors he has to shake his leg to charge up the batteries on the armor's hip joints.

Comment

His armor is powered by the two batteries on his hips.

I recall him recharging them by hooking himself up to some large generator device but also recharging in the middle of a battle via solar or something that absorbed power.

Shell head was always one of my favorite heros and am totally psyched about this movie. I can't imagine who the villian will be. If not Crimson Dynamo, maybe a bunch of small time baddies from AIM or maybe Hydra?

I'd suspect a high tech storyline would work better.

Comment

Working...
                              X