Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Characters in Movies that died ON YOU... Noooooooooooooooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Characters in Movies that died ON YOU... Noooooooooooooooo!

I was watching "Bridge To Terabitha" on DVD and the character played by
    AnnaSophia Robb died! was like WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?
    That took me by suprise and I really felt the loss JESS was feeling when he was told the news and did not want to believe that Lesile
    was gone.

Sooo then what movie death took you by suprise?

Re: Characters in Movies that died ON YOU... Noooooooooooooooo!

I guess Obi-Wan's death in Star Wars was a shock.

Another one is in the movie Final Destination. I don't know the character's name or the actress that played her but I think she was the girl friend of the guy who was the main character's rival. In the movie everyone's death but hers showed what minor things happen to them before they died. Her's was sudden. One moment she was talking and the next, hit by a bus.

Comment

That black guy in the movie Night Of The Living Dead.

He was the main hero through the whole movie, then in the final minutes of the movie....bang.

One movie that REALLY shocked me was the movie Boy's Don't Cry. Hilary Swank played the main character, and her death was completely shocking.

Wow, I wonder if this whole thread should be a spoiler.......

www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

Wash (played by Alan Tudyk) on Serenity.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Michael Caine in "Play Dirty".

Peter O'Toole in "Murphy's War".

The first Darren in "Bewitched".

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post

The first Darren in "Bewitched".

ummmmm thats TV but yeah I liked Darren #1 waaaaaaay better versus #2
            I was saddend to hear of his passing plus learing that he did not recover from his injuries that permanently sidelined him from the show...

The reason WHY I put spoiler tags on Bridge To Terabitha?
            Its a fairly recent title on DVD........

Comment

"The Well Manicured Man" in the TV series The X Files met his sudden death in the one and only X Files movie (1998).
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The elderly black dude in The Shining. I didn't understand why all of that character development and trekking across the country only to eat it as soon as he got into the hotel.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                  The elderly black dude in The Shining. I didn't understand why all of that character development and trekking across the country only to eat it as soon as he got into the hotel.
                  In the book version he lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                    In the book version he lived.

Maybe Kubrick skipped that segment in the book

Comment

Leonardo DiCaprio's character in The Departed.

Comment

At the time of its release in 1982, the death of Mr. Spock in the movie "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" was a big deal, even though the ending left it open that he'd be resurrected. And he was in the next release, "Star Trek III: The Search for Spock." On the special edition DVD of Star Trek II, the original ending would have been a final end to Mr. Spock. However when the movie was sent out to a test audience before general release, the people left the theater in such a gloomy state that the ending was extended to include the shot of Spock's coffin on the Genesis planet and his voice closing the movie with the familiar "space the final frontier...." prose.

And while not surprising, several years later on "Star Trek Generations" the producers killed off Captain Kirk. And Data died in the last Star Trek NG movie, "Nemesis".
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I forgot about Star Trek 3, the death of David Marcus was kind of unexpected compared to rumored demise of Mr. Spock in Star Trek 2 and the previewed destruction of the Enterprise in Star Trek 3.

Comment

The "Darren Stephens" character in BEWITCHED didn't die. Dick York left the series for health reasons and his role was taken over by Dick Sargent.

THE DIRTY DOZEN - all except the Charles Bronson character, Major Reisman (Lee Marvin), and the warrant officer.

TALE OF TWO CITIES - Sidney Carton went to the guillotine in place of Charles Darnay.

JAWS - "Quint" gets eaten. In the book, "Hooper" (Richard Dreyfuss character) is also killed by the shark.

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
                              Leonardo DiCaprio's character in The Departed.

Yeah that got me mad for sure!

But at least..... A certain character got theirs at the end

Comment

Working...
                              X