Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Characters in Movies that died ON YOU... Noooooooooooooooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Characters in Movies that died ON YOU... Noooooooooooooooo!

Denzel Washington in Fallen. I was like nooooooooooooo, I totally fell for the surprise ending. "Let me tell you a story about the day I ALMOST died." Pfttth!
    I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
      -Vincent Vega (John Travolta) in Pulp Fiction
      -Meg Ryan's character in City of Angels

Travolta's character was a inthoughtyadied already as seen in PF..... I do remember that he reappears again later.
      As for "COA" in reference to Meg Ryan's character I wanted to break something.

Comment

Gandalf the grey. Wot! He can't die, they need him. Of course he returned as Gandalf the white and was better than ever!

A quote...
        Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the ring in which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

This was on cable this morning. The Elvis Presley character n his first movie, LOVE ME TENDER (1956). His most substantial movie, compared with the lightweight fluff over the rest of his Hollywood career.

Comment

Gwyneth Paltrow's character in Se7en.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
              Wash (played by Alan Tudyk) on Serenity.
              I wanted to kick Joss Whedon's butt when Wash was killed off like that.

Comment

Originally posted by StephS View Post
                I wanted to kick Joss Whedon's butt when Wash was killed off like that.
                That's Joss's style, ever since he helmed Buffy.

I thought the death would end with Book, but his death wasn't that much of a shock value.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Was watching The Green Berets tonight and it dawned on me the Jim Hutton character kind of had a senseless death at the end of the movie.

Comment

In the Sixth Sense when we find out Bruce Willis was really dead, that blew me away.
                    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                    Flickr

Comment

Movies that died ON YOU?

In all my years of movie-watching, only once has a movie ever died on me. It was at the Cannery, and at the urging of a couple of close friends, I saw Terrence Malick's The New World. About an hour into it, the film broke or melted or...something. We were given refunds AND passes for future movies. I still haven't seen the rest of it.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Steven Segal in that movie about the hijacked airplane rescued by the guys going up through a tube from a stealth fighter flying under the jet. The one with Kurt Russel and John Leguizamo.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                          Steven Segal in that movie about the hijacked airplane rescued by the guys going up through a tube from a stealth fighter flying under the jet. The one with Kurt Russel and John Leguizamo.
                          "Executive Decision"

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post

One movie that REALLY shocked me was the movie Boy's Don't Cry. Hilary Swank played the main character, and her death was completely shocking.

Wow, I wonder if this whole thread should be a spoiler.......

Another Hillary Swank movie where she died was in Million Dollar Baby.
                            How about those freeze frame endings such as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid or Thelma & Louise? Not a movie, but the viewer has to make their own ending of what happens to Tony Soprano.

Comment

Has anyone ever noticed this....?

If a love story is a primary plot element and the main character and his/her love interest has not had sex, both will make it to the end of the movie. That's not to say that if they do consummate, they'll die, but restraint will guarantee they'll be around for the closing credits.

In Titanic, When Jack and Rose got busy in the back of that car, I kept thinking "Well now you've done it, Jack. We already know Rose survives."

In "The Last Samurai", when Algren was being mowed down by a Gatling gun, I leaned over to my wife and assured her he was going to survive.

It seems Hollywood finds it too cruel to kill off a love story if they haven't had a chance to consummate. Can anyone think of a movie where a love story is a primary plot element and this hasn't been true?
                              Last edited by zff; July 5, 2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

The guy wearing the
                                red shirt
                                in Star Trek who died was a shock.

Comment

Working...
                                X