Who uses a remote desktop connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who uses a remote desktop connection?

I just rediscovered the power of XP's built in Remote Desktop Connection program, as I RDP'd into my desktop from my laptop which is with me sitting on our lanai.

Who uses a similar program?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who uses a remote desktop connection?

We use logmein.com to access all of our comupters, even my Mom when I'm unable to get to her soon enough to help with a problem.
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

My office uses Logmein.com. It allows me to access our office network from home, precluding the need for me to drag my carcass into Kakaako every Saturday morning, which, considering my chiefly nocturnal proclivities, is something of a weekly small miracle. It also helps our Systems Guru to diagnose network gremlins from his house. I love Logmein.com.
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by jdub View Post
        My office uses Logmein.com. It allows me to access our office network from home, precluding the need for me to drag my carcass into Kakaako every Saturday morning, which, considering my chiefly nocturnal proclivities, is something of a weekly small miracle. It also helps our Systems Guru to diagnose network gremlins from his house. I love Logmein.com.
        Okay, okay I'll admit it too...WE LOVE LOGMEIN.COM!
        ___
        "Be god to each other."

Comment

I have pcAnywhere. I am a dedicated employee.
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I use it internally. My company uses GoToAssist for customer support. Oh, the bad old days of trying to talk a customer though some settings. Or having to make a trip just to fix something in 5 minutes. GoToAssist was the best thing for servicing computers since the Internet.

Comment

In a work environment, I've used the built-in Windows remote desktop connection quite a bit. Before Microsoft got it right, though, it was PC Anywhere. At home, of course, OS X has built in tools as well.

My current office uses GoToMeeting a lot for virtual meetings and presentations, and we therefore use the sister product GoToMyPC now and then. One thing I like about it is that there's a web-based, Java interface. I don't need to install anything locally to work on a remote machine, I just login inside my browser. Even better, this works the same on Macs as it does on a PC. Just last week I was on my MacBook, installing a subversion client on a XP machine in South Carolina, through Firefox!

I've never looked at LogMeIn... I guess the free version is pretty compelling. Any of you using the subscription pro versions, though? And how well does it support Macs (if at all)?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                I've never looked at LogMeIn... I guess the free version is pretty compelling.
                I didn't see free, just trial. Am I missing something?

Comment

I used to use a program called VNC for remote desktop connection.
                  Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                    I've never looked at LogMeIn... I guess the free version is pretty compelling. Any of you using the subscription pro versions, though? And how well does it support Macs (if at all)?
                    We're using the free version, and for my purposes, it's all I need. I'm not sure I could do video productions software remotely, but I don't need to. No idea how it works with Macs.
                    Don't be mean,
                    try to help.

Comment

Been using remote desktop and vnc. Both can be accessed through web browsers.

Comment

Originally posted by Altivec View Post
                        I used to use a program called VNC for remote desktop connection.
                        The company uses VNC to get into my work computer, which I don't mind beause I must grant access before they can actually get in. But, I use the free version of LogMeIn.com, when I don't necessarily have to go into the office.

Don't have a MAC, yet, but by the time I do...I probably won't need LogMeIn.com because my MAC will come with.
                        ___
                        "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
                        X