View Poll Results: Which is the better hamburger with bacon (multiple choice)

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • BACONATOR (by Wendy's)

1 7.14%
  • Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger (by Jack in the Box)

9 64.29%
  • Some other sandwich by some other company

1 7.14%
  • no opinion on this subject

3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BACONATOR vs Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

Default BACONATOR vs Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

Sounds like it's time to a do a poll here based on a couple of responses from the What's for Dinner - Chapter 3 thread. The poll is set for multiple choice and public viewing of who choose what.

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    Okay, you're going to mock me for this (and I deserve it), but Wendy's new BACONATOR (really, it's a title that should always be in all caps) is soooooo wrong it's just about right. Two patties. Six slices of bacon. Two slices of "cheese." On a bun. And that's it. No veggies of any kind, no sauce, no condiments. I had to try one just for the guilt-rush.

Quote Originally Posted by LeiKaina View Post
    No sauce? Oh man that just killed it for me. I needs me some sauce. I'll stay with my sin that is the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger (Jack in the Box) that I have once every 4-8 weeks.

Default Re: BACONATOR vs Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

IMO, bacon doesn't compliment, but CHANGES the flavor of a good BEEF burger. Let alone how WRONG that is, health-wise. Might as well coat the entire beast in batter and deep fry it for good measure.

Nothing can touch the Swiss 'N Mushroom burger.

I agree. I find bacon to be a distraction when placed upon a hamburger patty. I feel the same way about the prosciutto in saltimbocca. However, given these two choices, I'm going with Jack's sandwich, even though I think the beef is tastier in the Wendy's sandwich. Overall, the Ultimate is the better angioplasty-in-waiting.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

You can order a Triple Cheese at Wendy's and add bacon, been doing that for years, but I guess they are marketing it as the BACONATOR.

How about Carls Jr. variety of burgers from the delicious Guacamole burger to the Philly Cheese Steak Burger! I've thrown out the buns on one of the burgers and combined the two into one great sandwich! >;-0

Aj

When I created this thread I knew today that I was going over to Wahiawa which would allow me to go to Wendy's to try the Baconator which I did however I also tried the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger eariler in the day.

I know this sounds like a cop out but while both burgers were okay and please keep in mind I don't put bacon in hamburgers normally I feel that one try is not enough, what compounds the problem is that Wendy's is not really close by to me as Jack-in-the-Box is so it is hard but not impossible to do futher testing on the matter.

One thing I did notice that the Baconator did have some sort of ketchup like sauce in the burger.

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    When I created this thread I knew today that I was going over to Wahiawa which would allow me to go to Wendy's to try the Baconator which I did however I also tried the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger eariler in the day.
    Holy moly. Both a Baconator AND a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger in ONE day?

Then today you had a Chicken Katsu AND Chili Dog Plate combo? That's insane!

It's salad and fruits for the rest of the week for you, Helen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    You can order a Triple Cheese at Wendy's and add bacon, been doing that for years, but I guess they are marketing it as the BACONATOR.

How about Carls Jr. variety of burgers from the delicious Guacamole burger to the Philly Cheese Steak Burger! I've thrown out the buns on one of the burgers and combined the two into one great sandwich! >;-0

Aj
    And all I can think is HOW BIG IS YOUR FACE? What an amazing feat. Can I see it on youtube?

The burgers are not that thick or big so it is possible to combine the two to make it a double Guacamole Philly Cheese Steak burger.

Aj

Why not just replace the beef with a 1/2-inch thick slab of pork?

Or maybe replace the bacon with link sausage.

Because they laughed at me when I wanted Redondo's portuguese sausage instead of bacon in my cheeseburger sandwich.

(They also looked at me funny when they have to ask, "What's a longanisa?")

My favorite burger is the Bambino Burger at Good Times. They're small like White Castle burgers, and they're good.

http://www.goodtimesburgers.com/index.php

I understand that Burger King also has a bacon burger. Don't know what it is called but I think it does seem a taste test is in order.

I understand that Burger King also has a bacon burger. Don't know what it is called but I think it does seem a taste test is in order.
    The Western Whopper? Any "gimmick" burger they make usually ends up with "something-something Whopper" (or "something-something Tendercrisp") name, anyway.

Hopefully, when they make an Eastern Whopper, it would include won-ton with saimin noodle.

What, no love for a pile of bacon slapped between two pieces of bread?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

That's a bacon sandwich. What we are talking about is the addition of bacon (or some cases the discussion of other pork products) to a commerically available cheeseburger. Buy hey if you want to add a hamburger patty to your bacon sandwich that would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian View Post
    What, no love for a pile of bacon slapped between two pieces of bread?
    If I want to order a BLT, yeah.

10 years ago, I would go for such a fat-heavy food. Now, I'm watching what I put in my mouth.

Managed to go to Wendy's after work today. Not much of a long bus ride even though it is in the opposite direction. I am sort leaning towards the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger but I would like to try the Baconator one more time.

Just when are they gonna break down and put a Wendy's on the Windward side??

Quote Originally Posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    Just when are they gonna break down and put a Wendy's on the Windward side??
    Amen to that idea. There were (are?) plans to put one in Kaneohe at the former gas station site at the corner of Kea`ahala and Kam Highway, right next to Taco Bell and about three blocks from the Windward Mall. Don't know the status of that, though. The lot has been empty for about three years. I've seen people testing the soil a few times after the underground fuel tanks were removed, and folks thought the Wendy's would go up after that.
    Plans may have changed, though. While I was at Taco Bell last week I asked if anyone knew the status, and they said they'd heard that instead of Wendy's it was going to be a 7-11.
    One of these days I'll call the local Wendy's franchisee and ask 'em wassup.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

It's times like this that I'm glad a certain ex-HT poster can't chime in - he'd be giving you all grief about wanting and supporting a Mainland chain "invading" the Islands (while then spending time and money at a few of them himself.)

I used to love Wendy's, but got really sick of it when it was just about the only lunch option while I was working on the East Coast seven years ago. Now, I go maybe once every other month or so. Perhaps you should be glad that it's not so convenient over Windward; it may become less enjoyable when you can get it more often.

So - how about a "Hawai`i's Best Hamburger" thread, similar to the hot-dog one? Why, look! There's this one AND this one - I'm getting hungry now...

Did they ever open Wendy's in Waipio and Mililani, I saw an ad they were going to do this.

Also there was a rumor one was going to open near Kahala Mall near the YMCA I think.

Aj

I tried the BK Stacker at Burger King today. The double burger sandwich combo is cheaper but then the sandwich is smaller. If you want more meat there is also the triple or quad BK Stacker.

Talking Re: BACONATOR vs Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

I tried the BK Stacker at Burger King today. The double burger sandwich combo is cheaper but then the sandwich is smaller. If you want more meat there is also the triple or quad BK Stacker.
    *Groans* I think I'm having a stroke.

Just tried the BACONATOR, and it was okay. Wendy's keeps touting their "fresh, never frozen" beef, but the bacon seemed paper-thin and almost fake. So I'll cast my vote here for the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger from Jack In The Box.

You must try The Shack's Shack Burger (I think that's what it was called) with a butterflied portuguese sausage in it. Mmmmmmm......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast