BACONATOR vs Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BACONATOR vs Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

Sounds like it's time to a do a poll here based on a couple of responses from the What's for Dinner - Chapter 3 thread. The poll is set for multiple choice and public viewing of who choose what.

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
    Okay, you're going to mock me for this (and I deserve it), but Wendy's new BACONATOR (really, it's a title that should always be in all caps) is soooooo wrong it's just about right. Two patties. Six slices of bacon. Two slices of "cheese." On a bun. And that's it. No veggies of any kind, no sauce, no condiments. I had to try one just for the guilt-rush.

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
    No sauce? Oh man that just killed it for me. I needs me some sauce. I'll stay with my sin that is the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger (Jack in the Box) that I have once every 4-8 weeks.
    BACONATOR (by Wendy's)
    7.14%
    Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger (by Jack in the Box)
    64.29%
    Some other sandwich by some other company
    7.14%
    no opinion on this subject
    21.43%

Re: BACONATOR vs Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger

IMO, bacon doesn't compliment, but CHANGES the flavor of a good BEEF burger. Let alone how WRONG that is, health-wise. Might as well coat the entire beast in batter and deep fry it for good measure.

Nothing can touch the Swiss 'N Mushroom burger.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I agree. I find bacon to be a distraction when placed upon a hamburger patty. I feel the same way about the prosciutto in saltimbocca. However, given these two choices, I'm going with Jack's sandwich, even though I think the beef is tastier in the Wendy's sandwich. Overall, the Ultimate is the better angioplasty-in-waiting.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

You can order a Triple Cheese at Wendy's and add bacon, been doing that for years, but I guess they are marketing it as the BACONATOR.

How about Carls Jr. variety of burgers from the delicious Guacamole burger to the Philly Cheese Steak Burger! I've thrown out the buns on one of the burgers and combined the two into one great sandwich! >;-0

Aj

Comment

When I created this thread I knew today that I was going over to Wahiawa which would allow me to go to Wendy's to try the Baconator which I did however I also tried the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger eariler in the day.

I know this sounds like a cop out but while both burgers were okay and please keep in mind I don't put bacon in hamburgers normally I feel that one try is not enough, what compounds the problem is that Wendy's is not really close by to me as Jack-in-the-Box is so it is hard but not impossible to do futher testing on the matter.

One thing I did notice that the Baconator did have some sort of ketchup like sauce in the burger.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            When I created this thread I knew today that I was going over to Wahiawa which would allow me to go to Wendy's to try the Baconator which I did however I also tried the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger eariler in the day.
            Holy moly. Both a Baconator AND a Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger in ONE day?

Then today you had a Chicken Katsu AND Chili Dog Plate combo? That's insane!

It's salad and fruits for the rest of the week for you, Helen.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
              You can order a Triple Cheese at Wendy's and add bacon, been doing that for years, but I guess they are marketing it as the BACONATOR.

How about Carls Jr. variety of burgers from the delicious Guacamole burger to the Philly Cheese Steak Burger! I've thrown out the buns on one of the burgers and combined the two into one great sandwich! >;-0

Aj
              And all I can think is HOW BIG IS YOUR FACE? What an amazing feat. Can I see it on youtube?
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The burgers are not that thick or big so it is possible to combine the two to make it a double Guacamole Philly Cheese Steak burger.

Aj

Comment

Why not just replace the beef with a 1/2-inch thick slab of pork?
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Or maybe replace the bacon with link sausage.

Comment

Or maybe replace the bacon with link sausage.
                      Because they laughed at me when I wanted Redondo's portuguese sausage instead of bacon in my cheeseburger sandwich.

(They also looked at me funny when they have to ask, "What's a longanisa?")

Comment

My favorite burger is the Bambino Burger at Good Times. They're small like White Castle burgers, and they're good.

http://www.goodtimesburgers.com/index.php

Comment

I understand that Burger King also has a bacon burger. Don't know what it is called but I think it does seem a taste test is in order.

Comment

I understand that Burger King also has a bacon burger. Don't know what it is called but I think it does seem a taste test is in order.
                            The Western Whopper? Any "gimmick" burger they make usually ends up with "something-something Whopper" (or "something-something Tendercrisp") name, anyway.

Hopefully, when they make an Eastern Whopper, it would include won-ton with saimin noodle.

Comment

What, no love for a pile of bacon slapped between two pieces of bread?
                              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
                              X