Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody Like Butterfish?

Originally posted by jkpescador View Post
    I remember when I was a kid (70s) butterfish was cheap and like a throw away fish. We used to eat it and lot and I used to get sick of it. Why do somethings that are cheap end up being expensive? (ox-tail soup, flank steak, etc.) My guess is that when it gets popular the price gets driven up.
    Same thing with tilapia... I don't get it. Me and the wife went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. I feel like eating fish. They only had tilapia... I know it's farm raised... but it's still tilap to me...bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
      Same thing with tilapia... I don't get it. Me and the wife went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. I feel like eating fish. They only had tilapia... I know it's farm raised... but it's still tilap to me...bleh.
      Interesting that they would have tilapia on the menu here in Hawaii. In Texas it was sold nearly everywhere because there were other cultures and communities who dined on tilapia, but I would think that it wouldn't be a big hit here in Hawaii, farm raised or not?
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

KYOYA’S MISOYAKI BUTTERFISH

* 5-6 pounds butterfish fillets
        * 2 pounds red miso
        * 3/4 pound sake kasu
        * 3 cups shoyu
        * 1 cup sake

Place butterfish in colander overnight to drain excess water.

Mix sake kasu, sugar and shoyu; shake well. Add red miso to kasu mix and mix well. Place thawed fish into miso sauce and marinate in refrigerator, covered, for three days.

Rinse off fish and broil on rack (it is very important to place on rack as lots of liquid and oil will drip) Turn fish 3-4 times to avoid burning (the sugar in the sauce will easily burn the fish) this process should take approximately 5-6 minutes. For broiling small portions at a time, a toaster oven may be used.

To finish, brush your favorite teriyaki sauce thickened with potato starch on the butterfish.

you're welcome... in advance. kyo-ya butterfish was the best ever. now that they are closed, this recipie will live on....

Comment

Did any of you guys eat butterfish then had really oily doodoo for the next few days?

Nah not me. But I thought I ask about it. You know. Just to see. If that ever. Happens. Yeah.

Comment

Working...
          X