Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Rock Cafe moving location after 20 years

Default Re: Hard Rock Cafe moving location after 20 years

I've seen pictures of a press conference Bon Jovi had there one time, might have been the concert they did here in 1987 or 1988.

Aj

Dang. All this talk about the Beretania, Kalakaua and Young block is getting to me. I barely remember it. About all I remember is that I had to walk around something on the Beretania end to get to Subway.

Odd that I don't remember the Chevron station since I usually buy Chevron. Either the station was closed for a long time or was really run-down looking. Sure it wasn't a 76?

But getting back to "hard to remember", that's why I try to take photos of things I know are going away. It irks me to know that a building is only a few years old but I can't remember what used to be on that site before.

As for the old Dinner's site, one if it's last uses was a campaign headquarters. Fairly prominent politician.

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    I'm sure this is the same one and I'm not remembering it's location correctly 'cuz the few times I was there was always after 2am!
    GASP! Yer talkin bout Arirang's!?! jk

I remember Diner's at that corner too tho I never ate there. I remember the gas station too... I think it was Chevron then it turned into some generic self-serve gas station... we used to put gas before cruising into Waikiki from country.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpacific View Post
    It was a branch of DINER'S DRIVE-INN (the original location is in Kalihi on North King St., Diamond Head of Waikamilo). There was also one on Keeaumoku, which was displaced by the HMSA building.

Before Coco's, I believe it was called KOW KOW KORNER.

Wasn't that Diner's one block makai? (on the block that currently houses Sam's Club?) I remember it being on the same block as Comotronics (which was on Rycroft.)

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by gchun View Post
    Wasn't that Diner's one block makai? (on the block that currently houses Sam's Club?) I remember it being on the same block as Comotronics (which was on Rycroft.)

Garry
    I think that Diners was located where McDonalds is.

Currently the place that used to be the Hard Rock Café is now a Honolulu Coffee Experience Center, before that it was place called Makino according to Google Maps street capture as of Aug 2011.

Depending on the people who you talk to you some will remember it as Coco (I remember eating there when I first moved into the area back in 1981), others might remember as the Hard Rock Café (been there a few times in the mid to late 1990's), never been there when it was Makino, but I have been to the Honolulu Coffee Experience Center over 10 times (since late 2018), because I now I got free coffee for buying their coffee while having pancakes and sausages there.

Also I won't be surprised if there was another place in that location between the times Makino and Honolulu Coffee Experience Center was operating there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12