do you 'believe' your horoscopes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you 'believe' your horoscopes?

I have a horoscope sent to me everyday on my google homepage, and today's horoscope is...

You may realize that there is much at stake now, so it's crucial that you find your groove and get as much accomplished as possible. It will get harder to stay focused on your current work as the day progresses and your mind drifts off to distant places and other times. If only it were that easy to slip away from your present commitments.
    So far, this is the most accurate horoscope I've gotten from that page.

do you believe?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: do you 'believe' your horoscopes?

"...It will get harder to stay focused on your current work..."

What is you current work?
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
      do you believe?
      I believe...
      ...you are smarter than that. Don't disappoint me.

Horoscopes are fun, so are fortune cookies and Magic 8-Balls (and a few other things I could name that would stir up a hornet's nest - so I'll stop with those.) Enjoy them for the amusement factor ("for entertainment purposes only"), but don't be guided by 'em, A.

Comment

No no...and No. Not me, but hey anyone who wants to, more power to em....Everyone needs a focus of some sort.
        Since when is psycho a bad thing??
        Sharing withother survivors...
        www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I'm sure some of you have done this problem if you've taken a physics course, but a classic problem has you calculate the force between a newborn and the doctor delivering the newborn and then calculating the force between the newborn and the average distance to the influencing constellation (leo,aries, etc.) and the force between the doctor and the baby is much greater - so, technically, the docor should have more influence..........

Comment

I'm not a big fan of horoscopes in the first place, so I would have to say no.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
              technically, the doctor should have more influence..........
              Certainly does, if they drop ya at birth. (Wonder how much that explains about me...? )

Comment

I don't believe most because they seem like general advice/events that happen to everyone almost everyday.

I WAS surprised to read about my profile as far as zodiac signs go. I read a little about it in a book at Rainbow Books. It basically describes the personalities of people of each sign. That one was dead on for me, but it could just be coincidence.

On Seinfeld, the chick said there are no small coincidences or big coincidences, just coincidences. Maybe, but there are definately some coincidences that are more beleivable than others.

This one wasn't THAT beleivable,
                Sing with me, everyone!
                "Some folk'll never eat a skunk, but then again, some folk'll..."
                like your mama, the slack-jawed yok'll.
                --------------------------------------------------------------
                http://www.haleakalatimes.com/ <--- better than MTV
                --------------------------------------------------------------
                The Nettle Caterpillar Must DIE!!!
                http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/IP-22.pdf

Comment

Horoscopes, Mr. Rogers, Pele, Jesus, Ra, Buddha, Tarot, Runes, Allah, Palm Reading, Bones, Valhalla, 72 Virgins, Devil, etc. etc. etc.

Horse manure. The whole idea of "BELIEF" has always fascinated me. It is commonly an inverse measure of one's mental acuity.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                    ...Horse manure. The whole idea of "BELIEF" has always fascinated me. It is commonly an inverse measure of one's mental acuity.
                    I used to be a Doubting Thomas. For me seeing was believing. I've personally experienced them, female angels, and now I believe, in angels and in God. And I've heard of another's story which paralleled mine. I'm not crazy. I'm not a fanatic. And I don't agree that belief is an inverse measure of one's mental acuity. Far from it.

Comment

The whole idea of "BELIEF" has always fascinated me. It is commonly an inverse measure of one's mental acuity.
                      I disagree. Sure, on the low end you have people governed by belief. But on the high end I think you'll find people who have a better grasp on what they don't know. It's the ones in the middle who proclaim science as their god and believe they they have no beliefs.

Comment

The whole idea of "BELIEF" has always fascinated me. It is commonly an inverse measure of one's mental acuity.
                        Eintsein was a devote believer in God.

Comment

Originally posted by acousticlady View Post
                          Eintsein was a devote believer in God.
                          Here be some Einsteinian quotes on that ---

“My position concerning God is that of an agnostic."

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

“I am a deeply religious nonbeliever.… This is a somewhat new kind of religion.”

“I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings.”

Stephen Jay Gould has compiled many of Einstein's comments in this realm, in order to show that Einstein's "God" was not the same as the "God" of most other people.

Comment

Nah, but I did get a bit of a surprise. I hadn't read the decription of what I'm supposedly like, for many years. thirty years ago when I read it I was sure that my sign was wrong cuz Scorpio, not Capricorn fit me much better. Well, we know people change and dang if most of what Daughter read me the other day didn't fit!

They can be fun but I don't take 'em seriously.
                            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Here be some Einsteinian quotes on that ---

“My position concerning God is that of an agnostic."

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

“I am a deeply religious nonbeliever.… This is a somewhat new kind of religion.”

“I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings.”

Stephen Jay Gould has compiled many of Einstein's comments in this realm, in order to show that Einstein's "God" was not the same as the "God" of most other people.
                              Cool! You learn something every day -oops that's another thread

The only thing I've ever really read on the subject in depth was about Einstein's famous quote "God doesn't play dice with the universe" which supposidly referred to the ancient Greeks version of the dice of the universe - earth, air, water, fire and the "5th element" - and of course a play on the game of dice.

Comment

Working...
                              X