This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Rehashing an old topic in this thread about doing a "person on the street" type of segment on the show, last night's show they brought on a "person on the street" to the program, in this case a construction worker named Winston who was on break from the intersection of Kapiolani and Piioki to say a thing or two about what they are doing there.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      This past week has been way too social for this tutu so I missed most of the shows. I really do need to get Oceanic's DVR. And I also need to visit the show and harrass a couple of my friends...esp. Matt Locey!
      Tutusue, I was reluctant at first to subscribe to DVR, the whole "Do we really need it?" And, NOE 'negotiated', but really it was the increase of only $5 plus the tax that sold me. We use it often, and it helps when our littlest soul trumps all of our cards and we end up viewing his choice during prime time!
      ___
      "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
        Tutusue, I was reluctant at first to subscribe to DVR, the whole "Do we really need it?" And, NOE 'negotiated', but really it was the increase of only $5 plus the tax that sold me.[...]
        I just haven't gotten around to ordering it! I know I'll have a learning curve, no matter how small, and I'm resisting it! My daughter has 2 DVRs because she records so many shows. She got the TV watching genes from my parents...not me!

Comment

The new guest schedule is up

http://www.ntphawaii.com/

I'll go check it out for Diane Ako

Comment

Who is in the NightTime Philharmonic? Is it Don Tiki with Sean Na'auao? Or is it an entirely new band? And if so, who are the members?

I don't receive K-Five here in California.

Comment

Don Tiki Band

I think it changes, but I've seen Kit Ebersbach on keyboard(of course, since it's his band), Rocky Holmes on sax, Lopaka Colon on percussion and Miles Jackson on bass. There's another member that I don't recognize.

gchun

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
                [...]Or is it an entirely new band?
                My source said it's not Don Tiki. Guess a new band is already lined up.
                And if so, who are the members?
                Dunno...sorry. I shoulda asked!
                I don't receive K-Five here in California.
                Add some more tin foil to the rabbit ears, silly!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  My source said it's not Don Tiki.
                  I wrote the Exalted Ruler guy and he said "THE SOURCE" said it's a new band with SN at the helm. ER didn't explain what the Philharmonic thing was as he wasn't sure himself.

He also mentioned that if you're going, he's the doorman...Figure that one out...they're going to have a Doorman....ooh, stepping up huh

Comment

Originally posted by Spacechaser View Post
                    [...]He also mentioned that if you're going, he's the doorman...Figure that one out...they're going to have a Doorman....ooh, stepping up huh
                    Maybe that's an HHV requirement? Also, it could become an issue (noise, distraction, etc.) should people walk in while cameras are rolling. Might be fun to see E_R dressed in full doorman's wardrobe!

I think the moniker, NightTime Philharmonic, is kinda funny. Maybe that was the intention!

Comment

Sean Na'auao was the house band to Branscombe Richmond's talk show taped at Turtle Bay last year. My wife when she was 5 years old or so used to be neighbors with Sean and they played often outside together as kids in Kalihi.

Aj

Comment

Thursday night's episode was kind of cute with the 9 year old girl who won a singing contest. After doing a song and then talking to Andy for a while it was time for a commerical. Andy asked the girl if she could stay on longer for the next guest. Her reply was "I have to ask my mommy".

Comment

Friends and I attended last night's tapings at the new venue at the HHV. And, yes, E_R was at the door!!! By the end of the evening he'd snapped 531 photos!

The new venue and set are huge improvements, imnsho. While there wasn't a large audience in attendance, there were enough people to make some racket! It'll be interesting to watch Wednesday night to see/hear the difference. Prior to taping, Andy came out and shook hands with everyone in the audience and thanked them for attending. He was available after the show as was his wife, who thanked each audience member individually. Even daughter, Amy, unwittingly got involved when she reluctantly ended up on camera during Wednesday's show! Cute segment!

Drink service is provided (albeit a bit expensive...1 glass of wine and 2 bottles of water = $15. + tax and tip). Both alcohol and non-alcohol drinks are available. There were tables available in addition to rows of seats.

It was truly a fun way to spend an evening and my out of town friends thoroughly enjoyed it. Remember, folks, the tapings are free.

The only downer? Employee noise coming from the right rear of the room. It sounded like a sizeable group of people on a break watching a Robin Williams movie. That extraneous noise shouldn't be allowed. What's up with that racket, E_R? Andy deserves better than that.
                          Last edited by tutusue; September 11, 2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Check it out...the ER dude posted the photos..but no more captions other than STORY COMING SOON.

Hmm...must take awhile to process those 531 pictures as TUTUSUE mentioned.

Oh yeah, here is the link...
                            http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1189505293

Diane Ako is a babe..., too bad she's married. oh well.

Comment

The new schedule for NightTime is up...

http://www.ntphawaii.com

The puppet show might be interesting...not sure about the game show...seems like they will stack tourists against the braddahs or something.

Comment

I noticed ER "The Superman Guy" captioned the pictures on his story today...good reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X