Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Default Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    I taped the show for Friday night since I knew I wasn't going to be around to watch it but when I viewed the tape today it had UH Women's Volleyball.
    Friday night's show aired immediately after volleyball, which was live from the SSC.

Stan Egi (I think that was his name) wasn't very funny, which caused me to tune out and not come back.

Hi! I'm a newbie here...but not new to posting. I've been following this thread and watching the show.... Great stuff!!

They got their latest schedule up here...
    http://www.ntphawaii.com/

Cary Tagawa is going to be there. Also, I heard that this is the last taping at the Honolulu Design place.

I've been following that Exhaulted_Ruler guy, and WOW, you gotta check out his http://www.superman808.com site...choke stuff including a few reviews of Andy's show...that dude got it going on.

Check this out
    http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1187950390
    http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1187293068
    http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1186505099

JO

I was up on Exalted Ruler's message board and he just posted his pictures from the Thurs. NightTime.

http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1188559896

doesn't seem like he captioned the pictures...but there was Joe Moore in there, with the Balls in Fury asian guy.

The picture gallery, I think had about 1000 pictures...so much. Thought you folks may like to check it out.

Thanks for the link. There are some nice photos there.
    Are you "spacechaser" on that board? I looked for you and couldn't find you.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener View Post
    Thanks for the link. There are some nice photos there.
    Are you "spacechaser" on that board? I looked for you and couldn't find you.
    I'm not on the board as a member...just looking at the stuff that is there. This guy is a bloggin' nut...probably a good asset for the Andy show, as he is also their webmaster.

Mel Cabang was on Friday night's show. Andy's intro on Mel was that he nothing to prompt on the show.

Post Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Been watching dis show for the past couple of weeks... Andy Bumatai is not funny, and really hasn't been since his "All in da Ohana" days. This whole show is just sad. Bettah if they had Augie T. or maybe even Frank DeLima hosting, since they are way funnier and quicker. I wonder who is pushing Andy to be involved in this project for one whole year, and what makes them think they can go nationals with dis crap?! How arrogant on their part... Auwe!!

On a positive note, Don Tiki band sounds good, and Don Stroud was the funniest guest so far. Poor Andy - I feel for da bruddah whose time has come. Aloha.

Quote Originally Posted by Keaiwa View Post
    Been watching dis show for the past couple of weeks... Andy Bumatai is not funny, and really hasn't been since his "All in da Ohana" days. This whole show is just sad. Bettah if they had Augie T. or maybe even Frank DeLima hosting, since they are way funnier and quicker. I wonder who is pushing Andy to be involved in this project for one whole year, and what makes them think they can go nationals with dis crap?! How arrogant on their part... Auwe!!

On a positive note, Don Tiki band sounds good, and Don Stroud was the funniest guest so far. Poor Andy - I feel for da bruddah whose time has come. Aloha.
    Hmm...I'm on Andy's side...I love the show. We need a poll here.

This is the schedule for the upcoming shows at the Hilton...seems like there is a big gap between the taping dates...maybe they may rerun some past shows in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacechaser View Post
    Hmm...I'm on Andy's side...I love the show. We need a poll here.
    No offense to Augie T, but Andy's the guy to go national with his ferfect english.

He could use better writers, though.

As for Frankie DL, I prefer him in a variety show instead of a talk show.

Now, if the KFVE News at Nine would run only 30 minutes long instead of 35, would be better. Othewise, they should shorten the show so it won't cut into my 10pm news.
    Last edited by Random; September 1st, 2007 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    He could use better writers, though.
    I been to many of Andy's comedy shows...and he is pulling a little from here and there...plus he includes current events. Maybe he is his own writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Now, if the KFVE News at Nine would run only 30 minutes long instead of 35, would be better. Othewise, they should shorten the show so it won't cut into my 10pm news.
    If the show is shortened, it won't make $$...need the sponsors. They should shorten the newscast instead...keep things standard.

Red face Re: "Night Time" with Andy Bumatai

Profiled in today's Honolulu Advertiser:

Late-night Bumatai
    Bryan, who has been involved with radio and TV talk shows for 20 years, created "NightTime" with Bumatai because the two men believed local viewers wanted their own version of a network talk show. "It's a typical talk show," Bryan said. "You take the good, you take the bad, you take the ugly, and you make it all work to put on the air every night."

The first show aired last month, and while Bryan does not have official ratings numbers, he claims that his surveys have found a public clamoring to watch. "We went into this not knowing who was going to watch us," Bryan said. "Everyone is happy. It is taking off like a rocket. We're the first to say how surprised we are."

Two separate stations K5 and KHON, which is the parent station for the local CW channel on digital cable have committed to 52 weeks, he said. Advertisers have committed for three months.
    Also includes a photo gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
    Also includes a photo gallery.
    Saw that when I got my paper this morning. Read the article, but that photo of Hoku Ho... WOW!!!
    [/swoon]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    Saw that when I got my paper this morning. Read the article, but that photo of Hoku Ho... WOW!!!
    [/swoon]

If you check out that guy Exalted Ruler's website here
    http://www.superman808.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1187950390

there are more Hoku Ho pictures in the gallery.

hey...that ER guy is HUGE...he's up against the wall next to the Don Tiki dude.

This past week has been way too social for this tutu so I missed most of the shows. I really do need to get Oceanic's DVR. And I also need to visit the show and harrass a couple of my friends...esp. Matt Locey!

Rehashing an old topic in this thread about doing a "person on the street" type of segment on the show, last night's show they brought on a "person on the street" to the program, in this case a construction worker named Winston who was on break from the intersection of Kapiolani and Piioki to say a thing or two about what they are doing there.

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    This past week has been way too social for this tutu so I missed most of the shows. I really do need to get Oceanic's DVR. And I also need to visit the show and harrass a couple of my friends...esp. Matt Locey!
    Tutusue, I was reluctant at first to subscribe to DVR, the whole "Do we really need it?" And, NOE 'negotiated', but really it was the increase of only $5 plus the tax that sold me. We use it often, and it helps when our littlest soul trumps all of our cards and we end up viewing his choice during prime time!
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityProductions View Post
    Tutusue, I was reluctant at first to subscribe to DVR, the whole "Do we really need it?" And, NOE 'negotiated', but really it was the increase of only $5 plus the tax that sold me.[...]
    I just haven't gotten around to ordering it! I know I'll have a learning curve, no matter how small, and I'm resisting it! My daughter has 2 DVRs because she records so many shows. She got the TV watching genes from my parents...not me!

The new guest schedule is up

I'll go check it out for Diane Ako

Who is in the NightTime Philharmonic? Is it Don Tiki with Sean Na'auao? Or is it an entirely new band? And if so, who are the members?

I don't receive K-Five here in California.

Don Tiki Band

I think it changes, but I've seen Kit Ebersbach on keyboard(of course, since it's his band), Rocky Holmes on sax, Lopaka Colon on percussion and Miles Jackson on bass. There's another member that I don't recognize.

gchun

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ogata View Post
    [...]Or is it an entirely new band?
    My source said it's not Don Tiki. Guess a new band is already lined up.
    And if so, who are the members?
    Dunno...sorry. I shoulda asked!
    I don't receive K-Five here in California.
    Add some more tin foil to the rabbit ears, silly!

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    My source said it's not Don Tiki.
    I wrote the Exalted Ruler guy and he said "THE SOURCE" said it's a new band with SN at the helm. ER didn't explain what the Philharmonic thing was as he wasn't sure himself.

He also mentioned that if you're going, he's the doorman...Figure that one out...they're going to have a Doorman....ooh, stepping up huh

Quote Originally Posted by Spacechaser View Post
    [...]He also mentioned that if you're going, he's the doorman...Figure that one out...they're going to have a Doorman....ooh, stepping up huh
    Maybe that's an HHV requirement? Also, it could become an issue (noise, distraction, etc.) should people walk in while cameras are rolling. Might be fun to see E_R dressed in full doorman's wardrobe!

I think the moniker, NightTime Philharmonic, is kinda funny. Maybe that was the intention!

Sean Na'auao was the house band to Branscombe Richmond's talk show taped at Turtle Bay last year. My wife when she was 5 years old or so used to be neighbors with Sean and they played often outside together as kids in Kalihi.

Aj

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast