Naming Storm Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Storm Systems

Smooths fuzzy hair, clears throat and says THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT! Thank you. Sometimes I become a weather system myself!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I guess someone else was thinking about this, too. KGMB just ran a story about naming storms. I N T E R E S T I N G .
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
        For the most part, Hawaii's weather is boringly wonderful, but I am a self-proclaimed amateur weather goddess fascinated by atmospheric pressure, tropical depressions (monthly!), and freakin' odd weather systems such as tornadoes that hit NYC subways.
        As someone who's had to endure some midwest-esque weather on the east coast, I'll gladly send you a few F2 tornadoes and severe thunderstorm systems in exchange for the boringly wonderful Hawai'i that I miss now more than ever.

Maybe I should start a weather tour. I know a few stations that turn into waterfalls on days like that.
        Last edited by Vanguard; August 10, 2007, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Lava, maybe they read here, too.
          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Eh, no make fun! I get one auntie named Flossie in Hilo! Sweetest woman you would ever hope to meet!

"Flossie" is a nickname for Florence, which is how my auntie became known as such. She's also Portuguese, which might at least hint to the Hispanic naming.

Aloha,

Blaine
            Last edited by zztype; August 10, 2007, 03:56 AM.
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
              Eh, no make fun! I get one auntie named Flossie in Hilo! Sweetest woman you would ever hope to meet!

"Flossie" is a nickname for Florence, which is how my auntie became known as such. She's also Portuguese, which might at least hint to the Hispanic naming.

Aloha,

Blaine
              Eh Blaine, you one movie star? I think I recognize that avatar!

Here's to the toughest Flossie around being Blaine's auntie in Hilo!
              Last edited by lavagal; August 10, 2007, 04:52 AM.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Smooths fuzzy hair, clears throat and says THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT! Thank you. Sometimes I become a weather system myself!
                I am your humble servant.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Sometimes I become a weather system myself!
                  Hurricane Paula Closes Florida Schools for October

Probably no chance they'd name a hurricane "Pomai". Although when I was a kid, sometimes my parents would call my bedroom a "hurricane".

(Now) Hurricane Flossie looks like she gained strength. Latest NOAA report indicates winds currently sustained at 65 KT with gusts at 80 KT (translated a bit higher in MPH). She's also getting closer. Hopefully those cool waters will calm her down.
                  Last edited by Pomai; August 10, 2007, 08:31 AM. Reason: link
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I'm scheduled to appear in 2010 as well!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                    X