Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apology Thread Registry

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
    Thought: shouldn't an apologetic post be placed where the apologizing poster originally posted a post for which the apology was intended? So we could follow the actions and reactions that brought the poster to the conclusion that an apology was necessary?

Most apropos, I would think. Then someone else could post a poll allowing others to vote as to whether or not they felt an apology was called for.

I wish I knew how to post one of those little guys rolling around on the floor in fits of laughter, but I don't. But, if I did, I paste it right here>
    The last 10 days have been hectic to da' max, and when I read your post, RN, I just howled. Love it! Mahalo for a much needed giggle!

Comment

Occasionally when I post on the internets, I can get provocative and abrasive. Regardless of what we discuss or how the discussion turns, I think each and every one of you are really cool people and this is one of the best forums I've been on. I'm sorry if anything I wrote made anyone feel bad.

Comment

Re: Fisher-Price toy recall

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        And there you have it. You just answered your own question.

(And I won't re-visit the amount of times a certain person has had to be corrected for posting incorrect info and wrong legal advice, etc.)
        Hehe, good to know someone else has made the same observation (with regards to point one).
        Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; August 15, 2007, 04:49 AM.
        "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
        "But I can't even read good."
        "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
        "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
          Just to make sure we're thinking along the same lines, have you read this?
          If your opponent's sarcasm is not an attempt to counter your argument, but merely an attempt to insult you (or amuse the bystanders), then it is not part of an ad hominem argument.

Thanks for the link. Seems to be spot on with what I always believed they were. And yes, sometimes I have used personal attacks to attempt to undermine and counter an argument (only in arenas when the outcome doesn't truly matter). That was a very interesting read though.
          Last edited by Whitepoint3rchum; August 15, 2007, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum View Post
            Hehe, good to know someone else has made the same observation (with regards to point one).
            And my response to that is, "caveat emptor" ALWAYS. Everyone has a brain, and everyone should be able to use their ability to think critically to decide for themselves if anything that is written is the truth. Never take anything anyone (including me) as the gospel truth. Always check the facts out for yourself, if they mean something to you. Yes, be skeptical. I am. Always.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum View Post
              That was a very interesting read though.
              Isn't it though? In the spirit of this thread, I apologize for not thanking Anapuni for posting that a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                Never take anything anyone (including me) as the gospel truth. Always check the facts out for yourself, if they mean something to you. Yes, be skeptical.
                In another sense, if we feel that someone's posts are worthless and should be discounted by all - what value is there in telling everyone so, repeatedly?

As I am capable of judging the value (to me) of someone's posts, I certainly don't need someone else telling me whether or not I should trust what they say. As Miulang noted, I can use my own brain, thankyouverymuch.

(And yes - I have participated in poster-bashing before. It took me a while to see how ugly that looks to those not playing that game.)

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                  And my response to that is, "caveat emptor" ALWAYS. Everyone has a brain, and everyone should be able to use their ability to think critically to decide for themselves if anything that is written is the truth. Never take anything anyone (including me) as the gospel truth. Always check the facts out for yourself, if they mean something to you. Yes, be skeptical. I am. Always.

Miulang

I think you thought I was addressing Lika Nui's reference to you. I was merely saying it is good to see someone else who has noticed that Hawai'i Threads is straying from what it had been in 2004-05. It has become a more general forum (not due to the contributions of any one person).

Leo, referring to the first sentence of your last post, did you tack on "though" because it was a superfluous addition at the end of my sentence? Or were you just agreeing? I think you said you were an editor in one of your previous posts which is why I raise the question?

Comment

So what then? Bring back who? And shall we ban the newbies? Today isn't 2004-5, gents. Bring on the beef yourselves if you despair of the lack of quality meat around here.

Everyone who choses to participate on HT would do well to obligate of themselves the quality posts for which they pine.

pax

Comment

Cool... sorry in advance to whoever I offend.

Comment

Originally posted by MatildaRose View Post
                        I wish I knew how to post one of those little guys rolling around on the floor in fits of laughter, but I don't. But, if I did, I paste it right here>
                        The last 10 days have been hectic to da' max, and when I read your post, RN, I just howled. Love it! Mahalo for a much needed giggle!
                        Glad to be of service. Endorphins are a wonderful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                          So what then? Bring back who? And shall we ban the newbies? Today isn't 2004-5, gents. Bring on the beef yourselves if you despair of the lack of quality meat around here.

Everyone who choses to participate on HT would do well to obligate of themselves the quality posts for which they pine.
                          Never said I was upset or against it, just an observation I had made and was asking Lika why she targeted Muilang. That is all. And disregard the question mark at the end of my last post (can't seem to edit it).

Comment

I doubt the sincerity of the apologies I've read on this thread, therefor I cannot, in good concience, accept any of your paltry apologies. Furthermore, I feel I need not aplogize to anyone on the board for anything I have said here, ever.

Thank you for your audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                              I doubt the sincerity of the apologies I've read on this thread, therefor I cannot, in good concience, accept any of your paltry apologies. Furthermore, I feel I need not aplogize to anyone on the board for anything I have said here, ever.

Apology accepted
                              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post

I accept any and all apologies and offer apologies to anyone who feels they deserve an apology from me.

I also offer to dance to zydeco music with them, barefoot in my kitchen, beer in hand.

There. I said it.

Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X