Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Apology Thread Registry

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    The mainland could care less about what's happening here.
    Hey, now.

And I see PLENTY of postings at present, from people there in Hawai`i on all kinds of topics other than the hurricane. Personally, I was annoyed at the Weather Channel last night, as they mentioned Flossie as their top story in the billboard, but didn't cover it until ten after the hour. (Of course, one could also point out that the 100-plus-degrees-for-several-days heatwave in the Southeast does affect a few hundred thousand more people than Flossie, thus justifying its place higher up in the broadcast.)

And, if you please, the correct phrase is "couldn't care less." Think about it ... "could care less" means that you have room to find even less interest in a topic. Like Barbie recalls. Or vanity plates. Or Mainland bashing. (But that's a peeve - not an apology.)

Now, back to our regularly-scheduled hatch battening. And let's keep hoping that all the precautions end up being unnecessary, due to a nice southward turn, combined with a lessening of intensity. Then you can all consider it good practice, and no one gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      The mainland could care less about what's happening here. Early this morning around 5am the national news was all a buzz about tropical depressions in the Gulf of Mexico and the heat wave somewhere in the US but absolutely no mention about their long forgotten 50th state and it's weather and geological problems.
      Ummm... bullsheet.

I was up until about 4 a.m. last night, watching weather reports on CNN Headline News, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.

ALL OF THE NETWORKS prominently featured Flossie during their weather reports. The earthquake was also mentioned.

I don't know what station you were watching.

Comment

My appologies for any ad hominems I may have slung about. I usually try to keep that in check but sometimes sucumb.
        "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
        "But I can't even read good."
        "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
        "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

I need to apologize for making the second sentence to this post. It was uncalled for the thread and the sub-forum in general.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            It was uncalled for the thread and the sub-forum in general.
            But it was still funny...

Comment

Re: Fisher-Price toy recall

Lika Nui, I've gotta know this... Where does this hostility towards Muilang stem from? You're upset that there are topics here on HT that stray from "pressing" Hawai'i issues, but as far as I can tell this whole forum has departed from what it was (in 2004-05). It has become more like Hawai'i Threads Lite (and I'm curious if that is why many of the ealier prolific posters have cut back).
              "Hey fool, we gots yo leada!"
              "But I can't even read good."
              "Whatever that means, you ____ peasant."
              "That (stuff) is the MOST BALLER THING EVAAA!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum View Post
                My appologies for any ad hominems I may have slung about. I usually try to keep that in check but sometimes sucumb.
                Just to make sure we're thinking along the same lines, have you read this?

Comment

Thought: shouldn't an apologetic post be placed where the apologizing poster originally posted a post for which the apology was intended? So we could follow the actions and reactions that brought the poster to the conclusion that an apology was necessary?

Most apropos, I would think. Then someone else could post a poll allowing others to vote as to whether or not they felt an apology was called for.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
                    Ummm... bullsheet.

I was up until about 4 a.m. last night, watching weather reports on CNN Headline News, CNN, Fox News and MSNBC.

ALL OF THE NETWORKS prominently featured Flossie during their weather reports. The earthquake was also mentioned.

I don't know what station you were watching.
                    I was listening to the only AM station we can pick up out here in Keaau and they were broadcasting some national news feed over and over again talking only about the tropical disturbances in the Gulf of Mexico.

And PJ you're right how could you know what station I was watching? Refering discussion about this back to Post #1.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Re: Fisher-Price toy recall

Originally posted by Whitepoint3rchum View Post
                      Lika Nui, I've gotta know this... Where does this hostility towards Muilang stem from? You're upset that there are topics here on HT that stray from "pressing" Hawai'i issues, but as far as I can tell this whole forum has departed from what it was (in 2004-05). It has become more like Hawai'i Threads Lite (and I'm curious if that is why many of the ealier prolific posters have cut back).
                      And there you have it. You just answered your own question.

(And I won't re-visit the amount of times a certain person has had to be corrected for posting incorrect info and wrong legal advice, etc.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        I need to apologize for making the second sentence to this post. It was uncalled for the thread and the sub-forum in general.
                        I am sorry Helen, but I disagree.
                        ___
                        "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          But it was still funny...
                          Funny often trumps uncalled for, in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                            Thought: shouldn't an apologetic post be placed where the apologizing poster originally posted a post for which the apology was intended? So we could follow the actions and reactions that brought the poster to the conclusion that an apology was necessary?

Most apropos, I would think. Then someone else could post a poll allowing others to vote as to whether or not they felt an apology was called for.
                            I vote NO because it's funnier this way.
                            ___
                            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                              I vote NO because it's funnier this way.
                              And, as previously stated, funny is the trump card.

Comment

I would like to apologize for engaging in humour at the expense of someone elses post.
                                ___
                                "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
                                X