Smart Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smart Cars

If you think those Smart Cars are compact, check out MIT's "Stackable City Car" concept.

Click on the photo in that CNET link to see how it's configured.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I've been in love with the Smart ForTwo ever since I read about it in Wired back in 2004. I'm totally getting one as soon as I can afford it.
      "Luke, help me take this mask off. Just for once, let me look at you with my own eyes. No, it turns the other way, Luke. To the left. No, to your left. Push down and twist. Line up the little arrows. Never mind, I'll do it."

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        If you think those Smart Cars are compact, check out MIT's "Stackable City Car" concept.
        Those remind me of light cycles, except they have four wheels instead of two. Anyone remember Tron?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

a review of smart car, from the very biased eyes of a mini cooper lover. comments that follow the review are revealing, as well.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
            Well how safe to the individual is based on his/her own perception. But these cars have to at least meet federal crash standards in order to be legally sold.
            Sven is in love with the SmartCar! We went to a sausage tossing contest in San Diego for Oktoberfest, only because the prize was a new SmartCar! (no, didn't win)

Smart car test crash here -
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJHpUO-S0i8

We watched it and laughed. Still, I think its safe enough for my sweetie.
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
              ... "but importers are already shipping the cars from Europe to conversion shops, which tailor them to U.S. safety and environmental standards." ... "the price that it is now just isn't worth it, even with the gas savings."
              I'm using the above quote because it shows why our cars cost so much.
              I loved this little Suzuki mini-van along with many other small vehicles in Fiji.
              But the cost of converting one to U.S. standards makes it unreasonable.

Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
              X