Cutting pockets out of pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting pockets out of pants?

Now for something completely frivolous after all the stress of storm prep and waiting. I was channel surfing and happened on a group of young designers tasked with re-designing the US Postal Service uniform for women. The judges panel expressed dismay at the bulkiness of the pockets on one design and a judge (male) stated something to the effect that women despise pockets in pants and cut them out to achieve a slimmer silhouette! I have never done this, never thought of doing it and actually look for pants with pockets because I use them. Have any of you ever done this? Am I missing a major fashion must-do?

Re: Cutting pockets out of pants?

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    [...]Have any of you ever done this? Am I missing a major fashion must-do?
    I've done this probably 2 times, max., when the pants fit great and the pockets didn't!

Comment

i've never actually cut them out, but i have sewn them shut to leave a cleaner line.

Comment

I've only done it once to a very slim fitting pair of pants because the pockets were ruining the silhouette and bunching.

I prefer to have functional pockets, but sometimes it just doesn't work with the cut of the pants.

Comment

I look for pockets when I buy pants. I was a bit peeved once, when I discovered a pair of pants I bought had 'fake' pockets.

Comment

I need pockets in either my pants or sweater/jacket to hold my keys or else I tend to lock myself out of my office a lot

Comment

I've occasionally caught sight of myself from behind, either in mirrors or in photographs, and I have to admit that the back-pocket wallet bulge is not a good fashion look.

Comment

I have seen many female EMT's and cops who need to consider making alterations to their pockets.

Yes, the uniforms are based on the male model. But the pocket-spread effect (induced by the female hip shape), complete with the exposure of the white pocket liner, simply must be addressed.

Comment

Diverging from the "look" perspective, remember those old denim patches you could iron onto jeans (typically at the knee)? Or patches for internal pocket linings?

Are those still made/sold anymore?
                  http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister View Post
                    remember those old denim patches you could iron onto jeans (typically at the knee)? Or patches for internal pocket linings?

Are those still made/sold anymore?
                    Wal-Mart has that and more.

Comment

That explains why I didn't know it; I'm never in Wal-Mart (mostly because they're not in a convenient location for me, although I'm not a fan of theirs anyway).

Thanks.
                      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I'd think anyplace that has a sewing section would have them. The problem is I don't know where to find those kinds of places any more.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                          I'd think anyplace that has a sewing section would have them. The problem is I don't know where to find those kinds of places any more.
                          Fabric Mart on Kalakaua, mauka of Kapiolani, might have 'em.

Comment

Butt I need my pockets!!!!
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X