This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 4

An apology for what? Never said Mesa was a good guy. I already expected a guilty finding of varying degree and just am waiting on what level of punishment. As for lack of posts, case is still in progress so how much commenting can be said? But I'll amuse you, HA may be asking for $177 mil and a year ban on tix sales but the judge has not decided yet. In fact, the judge wants to see if the material destroyed is something that could be considered public info. If so, that would really dampen the penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
      Have you guys heard anything about why Garfinkle settled his part of the suit? Both his company and HA say that that settlement (we don't know for how much) was favorable to them.

Miulang
      Same here... alls mum! I can only hope Mo gave testimony that will prove JO to have perjured himself.
      GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Hawaiian's $173 million damage claim covers several years of losses at $40 million to $50 million a year, said Dunkerley, the Hawaiian CEO. go! started its interisland service in June 2006.

Okay......can some of the anti-go people explain the rationale of seeking losses for several years? go! started on 6/9/06. That's just one year and almost 4 months. Suing for damages in court attempts to make one whole again, but not to help one gain more.

Dunkerley also said that Hawaiian is asking Mesa to pay for costs associated with new interisland flights to match go!'s schedule. Hawaiian said it added late-evening flights to each of the Neighbor Islands to match go!'s schedule.

Now how does this logic figure as well? No one forced HA to operate later hours. And the ironic thing is, people of Hawaii have been complaining about the shortened hours before. So much for being aware of your customer's needs. Almost feel like having to play the cheesy violin music when reading this one.

Source

Comment

I still think Mesa's real objective isn't to stay in Hawai'i, but to hele on over to China, which is like the Wild West and has lots of room for Ornstein's kind of competition. He plans to have 100 planes flying around China in 5 years. How many planes does go! have in Hawai'i now? 4 or 5?

Mesa's Kunpeng Airlines has begun flying daily between the Chinese cities Taiyuan, Tianjin, Yichang, Hohot, Nanchang, Hefei and Zengzhou.

The fleet is expected to expand from two 50-seat aircraft by summer 2008, in time for the Beijing Olympic Games, and to 100 planes with more seating within five years.
          Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Just booked my next Big Island trip for November @$19.00 each way ($49.80 including taxes/fees) .............. on HAWAIIAN!

But, I thank go! for creating this market. Otherwise, it would be $169.80 RT, like several years ago. I seriously doubt the ready availability of $39 or $49 one-way fares on either Hawaiian or Aloha.

Comment

I've seen where HA is asking that Go! not be allowed to sell tickets. What exactly does that mean? They can't fly? Or that someone else has to sell the tickets? Or that they can fly for free (if they want to)?

In other words, how can Mesa obey the judgment (if it goes that way) but still mess over the two airlines?

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                I've seen where HA is asking that Go! not be allowed to sell tickets. What exactly does that mean? They can't fly? Or that someone else has to sell the tickets? Or that they can fly for free (if they want to)?

In other words, how can Mesa obey the judgment (if it goes that way) but still mess over the two airlines?
                It basically means shutting down go!. It's a twisted way by saying you can continue to operate but you can't sell any tickets. Like saying to McD, you can remain open but you can't sell any food or drinks.

I doubt HA will get the full $173 ($177) million and the injunction to bar go! from selling tickets for a year. Probably something in the middle is what the judge will decide. HA's just trying to milk it for what it's worth.

Comment

booked a flight on HAL for my family of 3 for 149.00.. while i really don't pay attention to this whole lawsuit thing going on, i'm glad for the cheap airfares.

with that said, i think Hawaiian and Aloha should drop their interisland fares. they can already see that more people want and have flown interisland at the low fares.

Comment

The trial is over. Damages to be awarded soon. Like I said. JO can bs the public, the media and apparently a few members of this forum but he cant bs the judge.

go! will be gone soon! The facts all speak for themselves.

Aloha will wrap up with whatever is left of Mesa come next April. By the end of that trial, Mesa will be nothing more than a holding company for some RJ leases to China.

Hawaii is very lucky we will soon be rid of Mesa.
                    GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Originally posted by aloha-anon View Post
                      The trial is over. Hawaii is very lucky we will soon be rid of Mesa.
                      And the PRICES will go High again!

You happy?

I not.
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        And the PRICES will go High again!

You happy?

I not.
                        Eh.....that's what he's been wanting all along. What's new? His sole purpose on this board is to praise AQ and sometimes HA.

Comment

Originally posted by aloha-anon View Post
                          Hawaii is very lucky we will soon be rid of Mesa.
                          How so?

From a consumers point of view, it will mean more money out of my pocket.
                          ___
                          "Be god to each other."

Comment

I have nothing to say about this topic. But I DO want to say how happy I am that the SuperFerry topic has been temporarily CLOSED. That debate is getting WAY TOO TIRED already.

I will say that I fly Hawaiian Airlines exclusively, thanks to mom!
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
                              From a consumers point of view, it will mean more money out of my pocket.
                              ABSOLUTELY!

The trial has already revealed that Hawaiian and Aloha will raise fares once Go is out of the market. From the time Go started, I only flew on them once. It was a pleasant flight, no problems. Generally though, I have always been a Hawaiian guy and I always look there first before buying a ticket.

I thank Mesa for bringing the prices down to make Hawaii travel affordable for many people who are price conscious.

Once the fares go up I predict many of us will just simply cut back on interisland travel as $115 fares are certainly not affordable.

We need another discount carrier in our market (Southwest? Jet Blue?) to keep the the Hawaiian and Aloha airline duopoly from jacking us again. The traveling public doesn't like it. That is one reason why both airlines went bankrupt before Go showed up. Fares too high, interisland demand down.... add that to lousy service and reduced flight schedules and they had us in a knot. (2001 - 2005)

It is because of Go's possible departure that more than ever we need Hawaii Superferry to offer us another travel alternative.
                              Last edited by mel; October 5, 2007, 09:16 AM. Reason: fixing grammar error
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I agree to everything what Mel just posted!

We need Hawaii Superferry!

Auntie Lynn
                                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                                X