Faster Broadband from Hawaiian Telcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Faster Broadband from Hawaiian Telcom

Hawaiian Telcom has a new speed test site for HT subscribers.
    http://www.hawaiiantel.com/speedtest/
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      Originally posted by Brad White View Post
      I'd recommend you use the LA server when using that site. The site only seems to take into account physical distance, and since SF is closer to Hawaii than LA, it defaults there. Your traffic should have to go through fewer hops to LA so your performance should be better and more consistent.

Konaguy, do you know what kind of DSLAMs Hawaiian Tel is using for their ADSL +2 service?

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
        Konaguy, do you know what kind of DSLAMs Hawaiian Tel is using for their ADSL +2 service?
        I believe I read somewhere that they are using Alcatel 7330 ISAM FTTN DSLAM

http://www.hawaii.gov/dcca/areas/cat..._responses.pdf
        The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by zff View Post
          I'd recommend you use the LA server when using that site. The site only seems to take into account physical distance, and since SF is closer to Hawaii than LA, it defaults there. Your traffic should have to go through fewer hops to LA so your performance should be better and more consistent.

Mahalo

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

FYI, they've changed the University of Hawaii speed test site to http://lrrr.uhnet.net/ndt/. Instead of being able to handle only 100Mbps connections,it will be able to handle up to 950Mbps.

Hawaiian Tel has added a speed test for HawTel subscribers only. http://www.hawaiiantel.com/speedtest/
            Last edited by Konaguy; September 8, 2007, 10:49 PM.
            The Kona Blog

Comment

Has anyone ordered the new 7 or 11 Mbps service yet? Hawaiian Telcom is very interested in how the install went and if you ran into any problems.
              Check out Bytemarks the blog and Bytemarks the Yahoogroup

Comment

Originally posted by Quark View Post
                Has anyone ordered the new 7 or 11 Mbps service yet? Hawaiian Telcom is very interested in how the install went and if you ran into any problems.
                I'm thinking about it. Eh! Do I get a Special Rate? I pay plenny already! j/k

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Is there anyway to find out what I can qualify for? I get 3Mbps now, but I don't know if I'm "in range" for the higher speeds.

Does it require a new modem? (Or only a replacement if I've got an obsolete modem?)

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                    Is there anyway to find out what I can qualify for? I get 3Mbps now, but I don't know if I'm "in range" for the higher speeds.

Does it require a new modem? (Or only a replacement if I've got an obsolete modem?)
                    I think the only sure way is to call up customer service to find out if you qualify.
                    You also need a ADSL+ 2 compatible modem (Westell 6100).
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
                      You also need a ADSL+ 2 compatible modem (Westell 6100).
                      I have a Westell, I think a B80.

Comment

I called and talked to "Moni" of Hawaiian Tel. Ordered the 11 Mbps FOR $49.99. First month waived. Upon checking, my area which is about three blocks away from their Main Office is not yet set up!

Oka's!! How come?

Auntie Lynn

Btw: If it was ready, it would take three days. Den faster den a speeding bullet. But now...slower den a SNAIL!hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                          I have a Westell, I think a B80.
                          I think that is the first generation Westell 2100. I have a old B90 in my drawer that I have from when I first got DSL service in 2004.
                          The Kona Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                            Oka's!! How come?
                            No worry Aunty, the CO serving my area has not been upgraded either.But I was assured it would be soon.
                            The Kona Blog

Comment

Hey Auntie Lynn, do you know which central office you are served out of? I can go and check the schedule. No guarantee that I can get a specific date since it depends on a bunch of things, but I can at least check.
                              Check out Bytemarks the blog and Bytemarks the Yahoogroup

Comment

Hey Auntie Lynn, do you know which central office you are served out of? I can go and check the schedule. No guarantee that I can get a specific date since it depends on a bunch of things, but I can at least check.
                                I live MWH! Hawaiian Tel is up the block. Das central enough Quark?

Hurry up! I like faster Broadband!! Moa cheap den iPhone!

HAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X