Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody going to see Makaha Sons on 9/22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anybody going to see Makaha Sons on 9/22?

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Various and sundry benefit gigs and fundraisers and charity events, unless they've very recently completely stopped doing those.
    I just keep an eye on their website and the listings in the papers.
    But I haven't bothered going to see them recently, since they continue to invite convicted child molester Kinky Chinky Mahoe to perform with them.
    I have a problem with this kūʻē, although I completely understand why you feel this way. Do we shun people who extend grace to those who easily do not deserve it? Should we?

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
      I have a problem with this kūʻē, although I completely understand why you feel this way. Do we shun people who extend grace to those who easily do not deserve it? Should we?
      Good point. In my own case, I've seen the group perform literally dozens of times so I'm not desperate to go see them. And I should've clarified earlier that I will go see them for sure if Kinky Chinky Mahoe is not on the bill, and I'll probably go see them at events where he is on the bill, though I'll definitely walk out when that convicted child molester comes on stage.
      Hopefully that explains my position better than I did earlier.

And only slightly off-topic... congratulations to Moon on his recent wedding!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        I agree that extending grace to those who do not deserve it is a good thing. I also agree with LikaNui that I would gladly go to see Mākaha Sons (and have, when they came to Portland).

To my knowledge, Chinky Mahoe has never apologized for what he did; I have friends who have been molested and have seen the terrible emotional toll that they're left with. Therefore, I could not in good conscience stay during a time when Chinky is performing. If there is no evidence of remorse, then one cannot have reconciliation. Forgiveness, yes, but not reconciliation.

And to get this back on track... It was a real privilege to get to see Mākaha Sons here. The concert was absolutely fabulous.
        Aloha,
        Mokihana

Comment

For those who can catch the Patriots-Bills game this Sunday, Makaha Sons and Hoku Zuttermeister will be singing the National Anthem. Alas, our local CBS affiliate, KGMB, will not be televising the game according to: http://www.makahasons.com/home.html

Comment

Originally posted by MatildaRose View Post
            For those who can catch the Patriots-Bills game this Sunday, Makaha Sons and Hoku Zuttermeister will be singing the National Anthem. Alas, our local CBS affiliate, KGMB, will not be televising the game according to: http://www.makahasons.com/home.html
            Hubby works for Gillette and will be attending this game (go PATS!). I won't be attending but he's bringing my camera to see if he can get a couple of photos of the Makaha Sons singing the National Anthem.

Also, they and Hoku Z. were at the myfoxboston.com this morning!
            http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/pag...Y&pageId=7.1.1

Lovena
            Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
              Hubby works for Gillette and will be attending this game (go PATS!). I won't be attending but he's bringing my camera to see if he can get a couple of photos of the Makaha Sons singing the National Anthem.

Also, they and Hoku Z. were at the myfoxboston.com this morning!
              http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/pag...Y&pageId=7.1.1

Lovena
              E Lovena, hope to meet you tonight. Same for you, Auntie Nane. Pomaika'i on your dancing!

Na 'Alika
              'Alika

Comment

Oh yeah, I also wanted to tell you guys that I truly believe you shouldn't be discriminating against Chinky Mahoe, but thhen I don't know what he did. Is it okay to share publicly or can any of you tell me privately?

'Alika
                'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by akrauth View Post
                  Oh yeah, I also wanted to tell you guys that I truly believe you shouldn't be discriminating against Chinky Mahoe, but thhen I don't know what he did. Is it okay to share publicly or can any of you tell me privately?
                  There's a whole thread here. It was eye-opening for me. It's not a pleasant story, `Alika - he pled "no contest" to sexual assault charges about a decade ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X