Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

Default Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    They were filming yesterday afternoon and evening in the forest across Kam Highway from Heeia Kea Harbor, where Ryan saw that section of the plane, currently stored under a tarp.
    I wrote that on August 24, but took a couple pix yesterday. There are about half a dozen mobile dressing room trailers on the lot (somewhat visible in the first photo below) but no other activity. And most interesting is that the forward section of the plane (mentioned above) that has been stored there a couple of years is suddenly GONE. (Compare the second photo below to ones posted here earlier in a different Lost thread. The plane had been stored in the rear left part of this lot.)
    Is the plane in use for a new episode? Or has it outlived its usefulness and been terminated completely? A mystery.
    Last edited by LikaNui; March 9th, 2008 at 11:33 AM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

"Crew Parking" signs (and plenny cars) are all up and down the Dowsett area roadway that runs parallel to Pali Hiway this morning.

the truck is a derelict, not a guard, from what I could see without trespassing.
    Yeah, that area always has my curiosity. At different times I've seen a number of vehicles, some seemly derelict. Perhaps it's used as a staging area for tow-aways or something.

Is the plane in use for a new episode?
    Most likely. Where is it normally used when not stored? On a beach, isn't it?

Per Kimo's note, they were indeed in Nuuanu Valley today. Base camp was the Toho No Hikari complex, but shooting was taking place up Old Nuuanu Pali Road at the Judd Trail.

Spotted on the scene: Terry O'Quinn, Mira Furlan, Jorge Garcia, Josh Holloway, Michael Emerson, Emilie De Ravin (and generic baby #125), Evangeline Lilly, and Blake Bashoff. Want more than just names?
    There was a major confrontation of some kind, with lots of yelling and stunt fight coordination. I get the feeling "Sawyer" and "Ben" had words, and you can guess who ended up bloodied.
    Just a reminder, steer clear of this thread if you don't like spoilers.

I was up in Nu'uanu in the afternoon (after Ryan had already left). By that time, the only cast members remaining were Evangeline Lilly, Matthew Fox and a new guy wearing a vest with a flashing red light on it. I believe it's Jeremy Davies, who plays a character named "David" or "Dennis". I overheard some interesting dialogue, but I believe that's a topic that's more appropriate for another thread.
    Last edited by speed3; September 11th, 2007 at 09:09 PM. Reason: To clarify the shooting location

Just an update to my previous post. The new character's name is "Daniel". The scene I described was shot just off the road, which is obviously easier in some ways, but more difficult in others (i.e., ambient noise from passing cars). As the director put it, "The good news is, we're shooting just off the road. The bad news is, we're shooting just off the road."

I got a junque mail large-format postcard solicitation from the Honolulu Symphony this weekend - offering the opportunity to buy tickets for a performance of something called "The LOST Symphony" by Michael Giacchino, the guy who does (great!) music for the series.

The show is Saturday the 22nd at the Waikiki Shell and it promises Terry O`Quinn, narrator. Maybe I haven't been paying atention, but this is the first I had heard of this.

Here's a link to more info on the symphony's home page:

http://www.honolulusymphony.com/

I heard about the Lost concert. I just didn't think it will be playing in September.

The Emmy show was way long - but Terry O`Quinn got a statuette as best supporting actor in a drama - chosen over, among others, Michael Emerson.

Jack Bender (nominee for best director), Damon Lideloff (best writer) did not fare so well.

Exclamation Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

Giacchino's music is fantastic. It's a big part of the rich feeling behind "LOST." This concert will be the first time it'll be performed in public, and not in a recording studio.

Giacchino is one of my favorite movie and TV score composers right now. He did music for "Ratatouille," "Alias," "The Incredibles," "Mission Impossible III," and plenty of other projects. I'd be just as excited to see Giacchino work as I would be to see Terry O'Quinn narrating. And having it at the Waikiki Shell is a big plus (provided the weather holds up).

I don't know if this is anywhere in the promo materials, but the concert is going to be recorded for inclusion on the official DVD.

And! If you're on the fence about going, drop me a line. There's a 20 percent discount to be had!

KHVH radio is giving away free tickets to this. I was gonna try this morning, but er, could not get in. They wanted caller #4.

Thumbs up Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

Hi there, everybody!
    I'm new here and would like to thank everybody for keeping us updated and sharing their beautiful pictures with us! It helps make that looong hiatus bearable for me.
    Keep up your great work, please!
    By the way, that LOST symphony event sounds awesome! I love Michael Giacchino's work and would love to be able to attend ... or get "at least" the season three soundtrack as a consolation!
    Somewhere a flyer for this event was mentioned. Does anybody here happen to have a scan of this item that they wouldn't mind share with the rest of us, please?

"Ethan" and "Bernard" popped up on the eason premier of K-Ville tonight.

Hi, Aloha, I am new. I enjoy reading your posts. So I am saying thank you. There is no LOST filming where I live. But I can ask questions! Anybody here will attend the LOST Symphony concert this Saturday? Lucky you. Have a good time. Will the concert be on the season 3 DVD?
    Nic
    http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Exclamation Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

Lost Resurrects Libby!
    OK, so technically, the ABC hit isn't bringing Cynthia Watros' short-lived character back from the dead. But Lost executive producer Carlton Cuse confirms to me exclusively that the actress will be playing Hurley's dearly departed sweetheart again this season for multiple episodes, presumably in more of Desmond's flashbacks. "She'll be in enough of the show for us to fill in the missing pieces of her story," says Cuse. "We could not be more pleased. Cynthia is a smart and engaging actor, and [executive producer] Damon [Lindelof] and I have some very cool parts of her story left to tell."
    Fantastic news. I really liked her character, and Watros as an actor.

Mahalo for posting that Ryan. Libby is a great character so it's good to hear she's coming back. Usually I'm spoiler free but I need something, some information, I'm getting LOST desperate here. I've been trying soooo hard to be good and not go on a LOST forum and have a little, tiny, itty bitty peak at the spoiler threads. I fear I'm not gonna last much longer.

So are they gonna premiere season 4 in Waiks again? Any clue when that is gonna happen? I'm thinking of making a trip out special for it.

Cool Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

"When is the Season 4 premiere on Waikiki beach?" is easily the most frequently asked question I get from fans all over the country, if not the world. Several good friends of mine, in fact, have their pointers hovering over the "buy" button on airline sites, just waiting for a concrete date to plan around. And, so far, nothing.

Frankly, I think there's a dwindling, excellent opportunity for the visitor industry here, though certainly ABC is probably still nailing down details too (depending on how all the series premieres go this fall, who knows where and when "LOST" will air next February). But it's clear this "LOST" premiere event is effectively a global draw.

By the by, we are going to Saturday's concert at the Shell. That Giacchino himself will be there is a big part of it, as well as the news that the performance will be recorded every which way for inclusion on the (I presume) Season 3 DVD box set as a special feature. It'll be great to see Terry O'Quinn, now an Emmy award winner, as well as other members of the cast and crew.

We got $72 tickets for $57 (using the aforementioned discount), and landed seats in the second row. We can't wait!

Smile Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

Mahalo Pzarquon. At least, music fans may hope to listen to the music, even those that are not in Hawaii.
    Nic
    htt[p://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Wink Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

Could somebody tell me how to edit a post?
    Thanks in advance.
    Nic
    http://miceandchips.com/bluemood

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
    By the by, we are going to Saturday's concert at the Shell. That Giacchino himself will be there is a big part of it, as well as the news that the performance will be recorded every which way for inclusion on the (I presume) Season 3 DVD box set as a special feature. It'll be great to see Terry O'Quinn, now an Emmy award winner, as well as other members of the cast and crew.
    The concert is this Saturday? We'e going to McKinley's 20th HS reunion that night. Bummer. Yes, I bet several LOST castmembers will be in attendance at the concert!

Aj

Wink Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

There's also some kind of sporting event today?

So, anyone know offhand what the dress code would be for this thing? It's the Honolulu Symphony (dressy), but at the Shell (casual). Hmm.

Here's the mailer they sent out, by the way, just for you, TheHade.

Last edited by pzarquon; September 22nd, 2007 at 03:11 PM.

Thumbs up Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

So, anyone know offhand what the dress code would be for this thing? It's the Honolulu Symphony (dressy), but at the Shell (casual). Hmm.
    I'd suggest a LOST T-shirt!
    What did you choose?
    So, how was the event?
    I read the interesting Star-Bulletin article on it but have no idea what "Messages from the Bottle" they referred to. So what did Terry O'Quinn read?
    Was the show sold out?
    Did anybody happen to find out what it was filmed for?
    I'd love to see this event on DVD!
    But I'm afraid it's too late to include it on the European / Australian versions of the season three DVD set. I wonder if this will be a "US exclusive" additional bonus feature, if it'll be released separately or saved for next year's set?

Here's the mailer they sent out, by the way, just for you, TheHade.
    Wow! Thank you very much for this great pic!!! Now I know at least how the setting of this event looks like ... beautiful!
    Man, now I wish even more I could have been there!
    Anyway, thanx a lot for your continued support, pzarquon!!!

I happened to be transiting Kailua to Hono on Pali Hiway between 2:30 and 3 this morning and noted several production trucks/trailers heading in the opposite direction toward Windward ... assume Kualoa or ThePier areas?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...nt=0907388.flv

does this work? it's a short video i took at the lost the symphony.... it was the most awesome experience ever!!

also-- check out ryan a.k.a. pz!!

we were OTHERS!
    life is ok sometimes

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast