"Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Lost" - Season 4: News & Sightings

"LOST" was at Kewalo Basin yesterday. Blog post here, photos here, standard spoiler warnings apply!

Comment

LOST/writers news

From yesterday's LA Times (as carried in the NYTimes):

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/20/ar...ref=television

From this morning's Star Bull - pickets @ LOST:

http://starbulletin.com/2007/11/20/news/story04.html
      Last edited by Kimo; November 20, 2007, 02:58 AM. Reason: added material

Comment

That first piece is particularly insightful. Indeed, during this incredibly long hiatus, the mobisodes are the focus of intense interest and attention. Although they're not particularly deep plot wise, fans are happy to get whatever taste they can get of these characters. It's interesting to read how this online-directed content may help set a precedent (despite everyone's contractual insistence to the contrary).

With the studios wanting to pay less than the "LOST" deal and the writers wanting to get more, we may very likely end up right in the neighborhood when all is said and done.

I think the 'residual-free window' will be an interesting battle, though. How long after initial broadcast or availability will online content cease to be enough of a draw to generate real revenue? Six weeks? Three days? Probably, again, somewhere in the middle.

Neat to see a small picket here, at the Diamond Head Studios. Not impacting production, I guess, but still making a statement in an environment where I think some folks assumed we'd be completely off the radar.

Speaking of "LOST" sightings, here's my latest report from late last week.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
          Neat to see a small picket here, at the Diamond Head Studios. Not impacting production, I guess, but still making a statement in an environment where I think some folks assumed we'd be completely off the radar.
          I feel like I want to hand out musubi to the picketers.

Well considering somebody screwed up back in the 90's that prevent them from getting royalties through the sales of videos and DVD, they're not going to back down when it comes to having their stories being shown on the internet.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

From Tim Ryan's blog:

"The writer’s strike has claimed another victim. ABC/Disney execs announced that the DVD release parties on Lanai for Lost’s third season and Pirates of the Caribbean III have been cancelled. The event was to be held Nov. 30 and Dec. 1. Meanwhile, production of Lost will shut down tomorrow, Nov. 21, when the last of eight new scripts have been filmed… Meanwhile, Carlton Cuse, Lost’s showrunner, has returned to work to do post-production work on the episodes completed so far for the fourth season… Lost actors Harold Perrineau (Michael) and Cynthia Watros (Libby) who were cut out of the show in season three will reappear episode eight… Lost is shutting down its Iwilei staging area where the production trucks and other gear were stored for the Fisherman’s Wharf area in Ala Moana…"

Comment

Looks like with 8 episodes in the bag, they'll have enough to make it through the February sweeps, if ABC sticks to the schedule. May be good for "Lost" as it will be one of the few shows that may have original episodes while the others that premiered for the fall will probably be out of episodes to show. However if the strike lasts a long time, there won't be a 16-consecutive new episode season as promised earlier by ABC. Perhaps 2 half-seasons?
              Last edited by mel; November 21, 2007, 04:01 PM. Reason: fix typos
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I saw a reference somewhere to 8 eps this "season," then 8+16 for 24 in the 2008-2009 "season," then the 2010 final season with 16 as planned. But, of course, the best laid plans . . .

Comment

Lost Actor in Court Tomorrow

'Lost' actor to appear in court tomorrow on DUI charge

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    And most interesting is that the forward section of the plane (mentioned above) that has been stored there a couple of years is suddenly GONE. ... Is the plane in use for a new episode? Or has it outlived its usefulness and been terminated completely? A mystery.
                    It's baaaaack.

Comment

Anyone come across this website before:

http://www.losthatch.com/

Aj

Comment

Last week, ABC announced that "LOST" was moving to Thursday nights, and that the Season 4 Premiere would air on Jan. 31, 2008. Of course, that made everyone wonder what was to become of the "Sunset on the Beach" advance screening, which was originally said to be set for Feb. 2... and that was before the writers' strike.

Well, a friend today passed along the news that the beach premiere is still on, and that the new date is Jan. 26.

Comment

I haven't been watching ABC latey but I did on Wednesday night and every so often a promo would air saying that Lost will do a 2 hour season premire on Jan 31, 2008.

Also had scenes containing Locke, Jack, Kate and Ben.
                          Last edited by helen; December 26, 2007, 11:19 PM.

Comment

This is just a guess - I have no knowledge of what they plan - but if I recall correctly, they have done this before with a one-hour re-cap show ("new" because it's re-edited, already broadcast scenes), followed by one of the eight original shows for season 4. They have called this a two hour premier.

Comment

I think you're right. There will definitely be a 'recap show' preceding the premiere, which airs at 9 p.m. EST. Since a new ABC legal drama is scheduled for its big premiere the same night at 10 p.m. EST, it looks like the "two hour premiere" is half rerun.

I actually like most of the recap specials, though. And after a break as long as the one we've had, it can't hurt to have a refresher.

Right now, the web is abuzz with ABC's official teaser trailer for Season 4. (This after the trailer that actually screened in some movie theaters on the mainland.) It's fantastic, at least to the show's hardcore fans. Certainly got my heart racing! There are, of course, quick glimpses of scenes that are technically spoilers, but... if you want something to whet your appetite, check it out.
                              Last edited by pzarquon; December 27, 2007, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post

Right now, the web is abuzz with ABC's official teaser trailer for Season 4. (This after the trailer that actually screened in some movie theaters on the mainland.) It's fantastic, at least to the show's hardcore fans. Certainly got my heart racing! There are, of course, quick glimpses of scenes that are technically spoilers, but... if you want something to whet your appetite, check it out.
                                Hey PZ, that trailer showed in movie theaters here in Hawaii, too, not just the mainland. We saw it last weekend at Regal Theaters (Pearl Highlands) when we went to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
                                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X