Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seeking a shopper

Memorylane...think of it this way:
    Based on your sig, *expecting* an Oahu HTer to be your personal shopper is the equivalent of you trying to sit in his/her pew in the wrong church.

You made the request in 2 separate threads and no one bit. That wasn't from lack of aloha, trust me. Not all HTers read the forums every day. My guess is had you not made post #2 above you might've had an offer after giving it a little bit more time. I can think of one person who just might have volunteered but, dang, post #2 squelched your chances. And, no, not me. I'd rather have a root canal than go shopping...any kine shopping...even for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      I can think of one person who just might have volunteered but, dang, post #2 squelched your chances. And, no, not me. I'd rather have a root canal than go shopping...any kine shopping...even for myself.
      You guessed right! I was going to VOLUNTEER.

And do much MORE!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Okay, now that my headache has subsided from the lumps i took, i can only both offer my *bad* and apologies and my *stupid* reasoning for even asking:
        Because i would have done it.
        If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Auntie would've done it too had you not insulted her and quite a few others by rushing to judgement. Even your back handed apology is an insult. I'm sorry you don't 'get it', Memorylane. I truly am. 'Nuff said...

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
            Okay, now that my headache has subsided from the lumps i took, i can only both offer my *bad* and apologies and my *stupid* reasoning for even asking:
            What a hollow excuse for an apology. Your back-handed comment at the end cements it for me... you deserve ZERO help from anyone here in Hawaii.

Originally posted by GypsyLika View Post
            Ackchally, I write like how I talk or is it I talk da way I write. Yeah and pidgin comes off moe "playful" and less humbug. Ok, it depends how good yo'pidgin is. I can go straight, kapakahi, or Okie English.
            Geez... it sure is funny to read what some folks think will qualify as pidgin these days.

Keep practicing.

Comment

41 views and no one will do it??? Sheesh.........oh well, i guess my boys want to see Oahu for themselves anyway. We'll just fly in and i'll do it myself then
              Also, i wouldnt call a simple *Sheesh.....oh well.....* a *blast*. I was just surprised to find all this wannabe Aloha spirit in postings here and 41 interested in reading but no one seeing what i had in mind.
              These are solid examples of how to guilt trip people, followed up with passive-aggressive communication.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                These are solid examples of how to guilt trip people, followed up with passive-aggressive communication.
                Just a minor correction, PM. They're examples of how to attempt to guilt trip people. The attempt didn't work!

Comment

You might get a better deal at the Swamp Meet.

Comment

At this point, i am no longer seeking anyone to do this FIRST of all.........secondly, i am a 39 (almost) yr. old woman who ISNT *NORMAL* in the sense of ways of the world. I have stayed at home and raised my boys. I dont know how to PLAY GAMES and be passive aggressive and try to goad and all this other stuff i am being accused of. I type like i talk and even still, it isnt and wasnt intended to come across the way all of you'll have taken it. So be it. Thanks either way and anyway and have a good day in paradise.

Comment

secondly, i am a 39 (almost) yr. old woman who ISNT *NORMAL* in the sense of ways of the world.

And? You Funny. I ain't too...but I no make excuses.

Being different is GOOD!

HAHAHAHAHA

Have a nice day.

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Memorylane - if I may, the perception of flaws in your apology may be coming from the fact that you felt the need to qualify it and keep trying to explain yourself. In future, a simple, heartfelt, unqualified apology could have healed the situation. By having to explain yourself so much, it just dug the grave deeper. Using the "wannabe Aloha spirit" line nailed the coffin shut; whether you recognize the games-playing or not, you did it by saying that, because it was clearly intended to make people feel guilty.

As for the rest of the respondents here, I thank you for not putting this off as "typical arrogant mainlander behavior."

Comment

I have to agree with most of the respondents here.
                          What I've been wondering, Memorylane, is why don't you just order the t-shirts online and get exactly what you want?
                          Then everybody will be happy.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            My guess is had you not made post #2 above you might've had an offer after giving it a little bit more time. I can think of one person who just might have volunteered but, dang, post #2 squelched your chances.
                            I just now read through this thread.
                            I might'a but I ain't.

Besides it is such a better idea to order them online.
                            I might'a picked all the shirts with the chicks in tiny bikinis!
                            I might'a...
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

LOL..........well, it woulda either made people wonder about my sexual preference or it would have made my co-workers, all guys, happy as they would have ended up getting them given to them in that case.

And for everyone else: I'M SORRY!!!! Please forgive me for putting you down, not wording my *ad* right to begin with to make it clear i wasnt asking for something for free and for putting you down and for just not *getting it* I'm Sorry.

Comment

There was nothing wrong about your ad, as far was what you wanted and where you wanted it from. And you did you say in your initial note if interested either reply to the thread or PM you which was a reasonable thing to request.

It was your next post to the thread that rub people the wrong way. Your initial note made no mention of the urgency of your request and from your other postings in this thread you sort of made the assumption that if one were to read your post that one was commited to help you out.

Comment

Working...
                                X