Hawaiian Telcom rolling out HTSportsNet.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaiian Telcom rolling out HTSportsNet.com

It's another season of UH Athletics and Hawaiian Telcom is rolling out HTSportsNet.com on a brand new platform. We offered live streaming videos of UH games last year but it didn't live up to expectations. This year will hopefully be different.

We will be webcasting the first game for free tonight (8/24) at 7pm of the Wahine Volleyball game against Michigan. Go to HTSportsNet.com and click on the banner for the free game. You will need Windows Media Player.

If you watch the game on HTSportsnet.com give me the brutal feedback on the service. I'd like to know what worked and what didn't work so we can fix it before the big Football game on Sept. 1st.

Mahalos,
    Burt
    Check out Bytemarks the blog and Bytemarks the Yahoogroup

Re: Hawaiian Telcom rolling out HTSportsNet.com

And since he didn't point it out, but alludes to it in the post (and admits it in another thread):

This guy works for Hawaiian Telcom. That's why he's shilling for the new website.

More selling than announcing going on here, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
      And since he didn't point it out, but alludes to it in the post (and admits it in another thread):

This guy works for Hawaiian Telcom. That's why he's shilling for the new website.

More selling than announcing going on here, IMO.
      And what is the problem with that ? Who made you the HT traffic cop ?
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

Well, I asked for brutal honesty and I guess I'm gonna get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy View Post
          And what is the problem with that ? Who made you the HT traffic cop ?
          Pointing out a self-serving post makes me the traffic cop? Kiss my okole.

Go read HT's rules. I'm just pointing out to those too ignorant to figure it out on their own -- the OP was made by someone with a financial interest in what he was posting about.

I don't like it when people try to shill for something/someone without disclosing their involvement. It's shady.

You don't care about it? Fine. But I'm going to say something whether you like it or not.

Comment

Pointing out a self-serving post makes me the traffic cop? Kiss my okole.

Go read HT's rules. I'm just pointing out to those too ignorant to figure it out on their own -- the OP was made by someone with a financial interest in what he was posting about.

I don't like it when people try to shill for something/someone without disclosing their involvement. It's shady.

You don't care about it? Fine. But I'm going to say something whether you like it or not.
            How can someone have financial interest if they simply just work there ? It's not like he is a stockholder of the Carlyle Group.

That being said, I know Quark works for HT.Thus it seems you have stick up where the sun don't shine. Man I thought I was big complainer ?
            The Kona Blog

Comment

How can someone have financial interest if they simply just work there? It's not like he is a stockholder of the Carlyle Group.

That being said, I know Quark works for HT.Thus it seems you have stick up where the sun don't shine. Man I thought I was big complainer ?
              Keep running your mouth, little girl. You talk real big while hiding behind a keyboard.

You knew he worked for HawTel. That doesn't mean everyone else does.

Comment

Keep running your mouth, little girl. You talk real big while hiding behind a keyboard.

You knew he worked for HawTel. That doesn't mean everyone else does.

Whoa don't get your panties in bunch. You don't know jack about me or what I stand for. I call it like I see it, jerk.
                I'm just so scared, what you going to fly to Kona and beat me up...oooooh I stay so scared........
                The Kona Blog

Comment

Whoa don't get your panties in bunch. You don't know jack about me or what I stand for. I call it like I see it, jerk.
                  I'm just so scared, what you going to fly to Kona and beat me up...oooooh I stay so scared........
                  Just like you know know jack about me, either. And I'll post what I want, regardless of what you think.

Never said I would fly to Kona. Don't need to. I already know you're a little female dog.

Keep running your mouth. This is entertaining.

Comment

Just like you know know jack about me, either. And I'll post what I want, regardless of what you think.

Never said I would fly to Kona. Don't need to. I already know you're a little female dog.

Keep running your mouth. This is entertaining.
                    No worries brah, I already know you stay one bisexual mutt... sorry you ain't my type...
                    The Kona Blog

Comment

Grow up, both of you. There will be no second warning. Further off topic, unhelpful, or smartass replies will be deleted without notice or comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark View Post
                        It's another season of UH Athletics and Hawaiian Telcom is rolling out HTSportsNet.com on a brand new platform.

If you watch the game on HTSportsnet.com give me the brutal feedback
                        Oh so I checked out the website long after the volleyball game was over. I clicked on the video, it forced me to download a small WM file to my Mac. I clicked on it and nothing happened.

So first question is games are not archived? Just wanted to look at this to see if it worked.

2nd, I hoped this would allow me to watch the UH football games for free, live from home. But what wasn't said in your post and I found out after poking around on the site is that this is a pay to play service.

I guess I won't be using this.

I was wondering how you guys are getting around the live KFVE sportscasts. Now I know... pay to play.

It's a good thing that with UH's high profile season that ESPN will be broadcasting several of their games live.... hopefully they all sell out Aloha Stadium so none are blacked out. That's a good thing about having a star QB on the team... he may insure good returns at the box office... and hopefully the Rainbow Warriors (yes, I still call them Rainbows) have a great season this year.

But in the end, I guess this service is geared for UH fans living out of the local broadcast market, and for this purpose I think it should work.
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          But in the end, I guess this service is geared for UH fans living out of the local broadcast market, and for this purpose I think it should work.
                          Mel, at least you tried to check it out. It is geared to the UH fan living outside of the broadcast area. Last night was just a free night to kick off the season. The model is pay per view. I think you can view the archives but you have to be a member. I'm not trying to sell subscriptions or anything. (Yes, I do work there.) But I am interested in the business model and understanding what works and what doesn't. Content is king. I forget who said that.

Anyway Mel, if you want to check it out maybe I can get a promo account set up. I'll let you know.

Comment

You know what you may want to do is put like a 1 or 2 minute preview clip in the WM format to let people test it out to see if it works. Then if it works they may feel more assured about buying the service. At least for those who want the game live from out of state/country. Be sure to market this to our Hawaii based troops in Iraq and elsewhere. They would like that... or give them a price break.
                            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I think my biggest concern with TV over computer is how it looks. Will it be choppy? Small screen? A preview would be a good idea. Personally I'd have issues about paying for TV content on a computer. Mostly because most computer content is small and low-fi (think YouTube). If I'm paying for it, I want to to be at least SD broadcast TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X