Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

Default Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 5

Quote Originally Posted by zztype View Post
    David Shapiro

...rude, self-righteous loudmouths who refuse to hear out others and feel entitled to get our way by any means necessary.
    Foa SHAME!!!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

craig foo Guest

Default Re: John Lehman et. al's Hawaii $uperfascUSt ferry

Quote Originally Posted by Miulang View Post
    Not all of the reporting on CONUS about HSF is 100% pro-HSF. Some of it actually is pretty balanced (although, obviously, the pro-HSF viewpoint gets the lead). And then you got Seattle station KOMO clearly being for the protestors.

Miulang
    One manuever that went unreported, unrecognized by the media and not widely known among Kauai citizens regarding Governor Lingle's introducing her Superferry Unified Command to Kauai residents a week ago was the fact that on her panel she did not have a member of Hawaii National Guard on the panel she introduced to Kauai citizens attending the meeting and the Oahu Superferry employees is whose jet stream she flew to Kauai.

Since beginning a few days before the Governors arrival to Kauai, the Guard had begun "anti-terrorist exercises" at Vindinha Stadium about midway between the Convention Hall and the Superferry staging area next to the public park at Nawiliwili. Small coincidence? I doubt it.

craig foo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GeckoGeek View Post
    Let's look at the numbers:
    910,000 Honolulu
    63,000 Kauai
    ...you can see why we're not too worried about alienating Kauai.
    Given that ..."My bigger and broader concern is the future of a sense of community in the state. " Lingle told reporters yesterday during a informal news conference at the state Capitol. ... it is obvious that she is either being disingenuous or she does not fully appreciate many of her Oahu constituents' sense of community.

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    According to the 2000 Census, there were 58,303 people living on Kauai. That number increased to 63,004 by 2006.

That's an increase of 4,701 people in only 6 years.
    4,701 sounds like a lot of people, but that's about 8% or 1.3% per year. Doesn't sound like that big number to me. What's the normal growth though birth rate? I don't have time now to look, but I have to wonder if more people are leaving Kauai then arriving.

Quote Originally Posted by craig foo View Post
    Given that ..."My bigger and broader concern is the future of a sense of community in the state. " Lingle told reporters yesterday during a informal news conference at the state Capitol. ... it is obvious that she is either being disingenuous or she does not fully appreciate many of her Oahu constituents' sense of community.
    Lingle isn't the one telling Kauai "Just wait until the next hurricane".

Oops. Double post.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132