KGMB 9 News - New Set, New Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGMB 9 News - New Set, New Look

At least you can't say they're boring to watch them now.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Re: KGMB 9 News - New Set, New Look

Originally posted by Random View Post
    At least you can't say they're boring to watch them now.
    I like it. Looks very professional.

Comment

I'm waiting to see how the new bells and whistles affect what we get, new maps and how they may or may not enhance the weather reports, etc. They were already my favorite news channel for local news so I guess it can only get better.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

it's a step in the right direction. lets keep in mind that a new look doesn't always mean a good newscast. i've seen many news broadcasts that look very good, all the bells and whistles and when but when it comes time to spend money on talent (reporters and and anchors) they squeeze pennies.
        like many of you, i am anxious to see what the end result of all of their planning is for the new morning show......will there be chemistry...will they be out live in the morning covering breaking news or will they continue to have their reporters in the newsroom when they should be out in the field.....we'll soon see...

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
          They were already my favorite news channel for local news so I guess it can only get better.
          I would think that if the station's news was already your favorite, it could only get WORSE, no?

The set looks good -- especially the nice, big desk. I don't care for the decor so much. I think it looks a lot like the Daily Show set, which is supposed to be a caricature of news sets. Something about it screams, "This is serious stuff!"

Like many others, I am greatly looking forward to the new morning show, but would also like to see something meaningful and different. I'm not big on desserts during the breakfast hour.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by tvnewshound View Post
            it's a step in the right direction. lets keep in mind that a new look doesn't always mean a good newscast.
            True, but KGMB9 have already got the "good newscast" part down for a while now. It's the new set and new graphics (better than KHNL's new graphics, IMNSHO) that caught up to their standards.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              Like many others, I am greatly looking forward to the new morning show, but would also like to see something meaningful and different. I'm not big on desserts during the breakfast hour.
              What exactly are you looking for in a morning news show?

Comment

wonder what ramsey will be doing as the roaming morning reporter

hate to say it but there just ain't much news going on in Hawaii esp. early in the morning.

but interesting to see kgmb step up to the plate to take over where khon left off

Comment

Originally posted by tvnewshound View Post
                  it's a step in the right direction. lets keep in mind that a new look doesn't always mean a good newscast.
                  true dat. With KHNL's new graphics, I still don't watch their news... content and coverage are still the same. But yeah, I do like KGMB's new look, along with the great ratings it has been getting for the past few months. Keep it up KGMB9!

Comment

I LIKE IT!!! I LIKE IT!!!, One of the good things about Hawaii, is wonderful KGMB Long time I wait KGMB, now I get 4 local channels to switch back and forth. Now da wife goin be more P.O. cause I stay switching channels back and forth Watt a way to start her day!!!! Love u babe....
                    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I LIKE IT!!! I LIKE IT!!!, One of the good things about Hawaii, is wonderful KGMB Long time I wait KGMB, now I get 4 local channels to switch back and forth. Now da wife goin be more P.O. cause I stay switching channels back and forth Watt a way to start her day!!!! Love u babe....
                      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I also like the new graphics and set for KGMB.

It makes me want to take a tour of their studio (HR&TG tour? Mel?)
                        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkinboy View Post
                          wonder what ramsey will be doing as the roaming morning reporter

hate to say it but there just ain't much news going on in Hawaii esp. early in the morning.
                          GET OUT! Traffic, traffic-related fatalities, surf, school in session, news of the mainland, stocks! Plenty to talk about.

Morning news opens a whole new venue for those who need to get stories out: Greek Fair, Walk Wise Hawaii, Okinawan Festival, Aloha Festivals, Flu shots for School Kids, cooking demos, heck I have a friend who wants to pitch perfect gift wrapping techniques! Morning news segments reach a pretty good audience: retirees back from their morning walk, new moms stuck in the house, families who watch TV with breakfast before heading to school and work.

Personally, I don't get a chance to watch as I'm the only one up at an early hour and then I'm on the bus at 5:45 so I miss this entire news slot. But, news that is still appropriate and fresh can be plugged into the evening newscasts, too.
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                            GET OUT! Traffic, traffic-related fatalities, surf, school in session, news of the mainland, stocks! Plenty to talk about.

Morning news opens a whole new venue for those who need to get stories out: Greek Fair, Walk Wise Hawaii, Okinawan Festival, Aloha Festivals, Flu shots for School Kids, cooking demos, heck I have a friend who wants to pitch perfect gift wrapping techniques! Morning news segments reach a pretty good audience: retirees back from their morning walk, new moms stuck in the house, families who watch TV with breakfast before heading to school and work.

Personally, I don't get a chance to watch as I'm the only one up at an early hour and then I'm on the bus at 5:45 so I miss this entire news slot. But, news that is still appropriate and fresh can be plugged into the evening newscasts, too.
                            I agree with you! A morning newscast can be more than just news. They just have to be creative. Personally, I like a morning show that is a major "eye opener" EACH and EVERY morning, which has great energy, and even "help" me get up in the morning because i'm still usually tired when I have to wake up at 6:00 AM.

Comment

This year I've started watching the KGMB 10 PM news regularly just to get a different take from the KITV News that I still watch at 6 and used to watch more often at 10.

I like the new set and graphics; its nice with the changing background and stuff. I don't know how much it will help the newscast but I hope it will.

As for morning news, I always expect hard news no matter what time the news is on. So hopefully they stick to the standard formula of at least putting the hard news on the top of each segment before going into the "feel good" "promotional" puff pieces, typical of morning news shows. With KGMB launching into the morning news market, I guess this gives more opportunities for "cha lang a lang" music groups and others to fill the time.

What I am hoping for is that there is a longer business segment on the show, now that Howard Dicus is on KGMB full time. Get into the business news and issues that impact Hawaii, both from the business, consumer and government points of view.

One thing I get tired of real fast is rehashing in the morning of the stuff I saw at 10 in the night. Fresh content always helps, but I know that usually beyond bad accidents, fights, the occasional homicide or a water main break, there is not much that happens locally between 10:30 PM and 5:AM.
                              Last edited by mel; August 29, 2007, 11:35 PM. Reason: fix typos
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                              X