Ways to advertise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to advertise

I don't want to place any ads online, because not everyone browses those sites.

Is there any other media/way that can help bring in customers for a computer repair business? (or any other business for that matter)
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: ways to advertise

Tv ads, radio ads, newspaper ads, bus ads (inside the bus on those little placards above the seats), flyers on parked cars, paying to put your company on the back of the receipts when you go to Safeway or Foodland, etc. That's all I can think of for now.

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post

Is there any other media/way that can help bring in customers for a computer repair business? (or any other business for that matter)

Adrian, I sent a lengthy reply, but when I hit "submit" nothing happened. Sigh. Here's a condensed version:

1) If your business doesn't have a written marketing and advertising plan, write one. Make sure your objectives are measurable and your strategies are sound and manageable. Develop an action plan.
      2) Make sure you've clearly identified your target markets.
      3) Know your competition, what they do well, and what they don't do well. Capitalize on your strengths and their weaknesses.

Send a postcard to current and potential customers in the neighborhood of your business. The beauty of direct mail is you can test it, refine it, test it again, and it won't cost you an arm and a leg. Often, it can serve multiple purposes, since it's a direct response mechanism. Include your web address if you have a site. Follow-up with phone calls.

If you have an e-mail database, use it.

Attend professional meetings/seminars where you can network and get the word out about your business.

Traditional media advertising to the masses can be very expensive, so I recommend the direct approach first.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
      Last edited by MatildaRose; August 29, 2007, 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling; trying to do too many things at once

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post

It would be pretty rough to try to get through to the "broken computer segment" with an on-line ad!!!! Is this for you or your company? Can you put biz cards up at Best Buy CompUSA and places like that? Do a 30-second radio spot to air each week on the Kim Kommando Show?
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
          It would be pretty rough to try to get through to the "broken computer segment" with an on-line ad!!!!
          Hahahaha! That would be like putting up a billboard saying, "Have a problem with illiteracy? Write to us..."

Every little bit can help when it comes to getting your business known. That means maintaining a good reputation and having your work known via word-of-mouth. Every satisfied customer is another potential ad.

Good luck!

Comment

Put a four-week classified ad in the University of Hawaii student newspaper. A high percentage of their readership owns computers.
            "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
              Can you put biz cards up at Best Buy CompUSA and places like that?
              excuse me...

*BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

*takes a breathe*

*BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

That's like KGMB placing signs for their new morning show on KHON, KITV, and KHNL's buildings. (granted, that's a good idea, but I'm trying to be realistic here)

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
                Put a four-week classified ad in the University of Hawaii student newspaper. A high percentage of their readership owns computers.
                If I understand the store's location, an ad in HPU's paper would be a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
                  If I understand the store's location, an ad in HPU's paper would be a better choice.
                  Yep.

I guess I have a busy day this Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                  X