Your all-time favorite song!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your all-time favorite song!

My "all-time favorite song!"??? ~or~ how about songs,....

Everything that I got in my iPod (all 670), & then some.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

"Blackbird" by the Beatles used to be... still is...kinda
      So simple and sweet... and one of the first songs I learned to play on the guitar.

Comment

Jimi's 'Machine Gun'. A beautiful and truly musical connection from the heavens to his hands.
        And sadly, it seems it will always be relevant.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Gosh, I have too many all-time favorite songs so I'll just list them... sounds good?
          1. Ka Lehua 'Ula by Weldon Kekauoha
          2. Mele 'O Lana'i by Weldon Kekauoha
          3. Ku'u Hoaloha by Weldon Kekauoha
          4. Kawaipunahele by Keali'i Reichel
          5. E O Mai by Keali'i Reichel
          6. Friends by Na Leo
          7. Kalale'a by Keali'i Blaisdell
          8. A Son's Plea by Keali'i Blaisdell
          9. Hilo by Keali'i Blaisdell
          10. No Kristo by Na Kahu
          11. Ua Mau by M. Keale
          Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Keale is great! I really enjoy his new CD, Kahikina. I think when he sings he sounds a bit like Iz. Not just his singing but his 'ukulele playing as well.

'Alika
            'Alika

Comment

I agree. It's way to hard to pick just one song. But I think Mel must have my iPod!

Comment

Gotta go with "Machine Gun" by Jimi Hendrix (Band of Gypsies). The music, the message. And the fact that it was a single performance with only a 3-piece band. He was channeling some outer space stuff, man, no question.
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by *pinao* View Post
                  theres too many favorites.. but one of my ALL time fave is Sean Na'auaos Fish and Poi.. its so catchy and everyone knows it.. and once when this haole guy wanted to hear a song thats we think is hawaiian.. everyone just said Fish and Poi.. the best food song ever..
                  lol, yea, quite catchy -- I sometimes sing it to my cat, Kalani .. change the words around like "He likes Fish and Poi, he's a big boy" lol
                  ~Aloha! Christina~
                  Greek by heritage, Australian by birth, American by chance, Hawaiian at heart.

Comment

I could never pick a definitive all time favorite, but I do have some I'd always put on the short list.

In My Life - The Beatles...no need to explain this one

Madocello - Cheap Trick...a haunting song about separation from a loved one, the vocal always gives me chills.

Free Ride - Edgar Winter Group...never fails to elevate my mood or make me faster on the treadmill.

Lei Pikake - Hapa...More chicken skin.

Goodbye Stranger - Supertramp...because I was the guy in the song a long time ago.

Surrender - Cheap Trick...the perfect Rock and Roll song. "Mommy's all right, Daddy's all right, they just seem a little weird"...more meaningful than ever now that I'm a parent.

That's the list for today...ask me again after the Jimmy Buffett concert

Comment

I love everything Lee Kernaghan has ever recorded. I love "Shelter" from his Spirit of the Bush CD (his latest) and "Close as a Whisper" from his previous one "The New Bush".

Comment

"Love And Mercy" by Brian Wilson.

Comment

Having been a disc jockey for 8 years in the 80s, this is surely a tough one! I'll have to say that the Temptations "Just My Imagination" is the best song ever recorded!

It tells such a sweet story, of a man daydreaming...about love, a lady, and the longing for a future with her...and he "doesn't even knoooow her". I get weird every time I hear it, no matter how many times I hear it. (since I grew up in the Mowtown, I love the entire Motown sound).

I also love the Who's "Eminence Front", great roadtrip song, especially on those cool, scenic, curvy roads.

Oh, and J.Geils Band, "Whammer Jammer" really rocked...and, and, and...I could go on and on here.....eight years in a dj booth...means a lot of listenin'....lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X